• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why did we lose 4 in a row?

oken

Is it Woody?

Is it the defense?

Is it JJ?

Is it luck?

Is it the refs?

Is it the return of players from injury?

I don't see any difference between the offense of now than the offense where we were winning 5 games in a row...

there may be just a little less movement...

but still I think that JJ isn't being as aggressive and he is missing WIDE OPEN 3s and when he gets into the lane he doesn't finish... if JJ plays like JJ then we would have won the Cleveland game (he disapeared in the 2nd half until he hit two meaningless threes)...and we weren't passing and Marvin wasn't hitting his jumpers in that game... and we would have definitely won yesterday's game against New Jersey...

for all those griping about the offense... JJ has gotten a lot of open looks at 3...and he misses them...and even little jumpers and fadeaways he usually hits, he has been missing them too... we need Joe to play like Joe... not the 20% shooting Joe...but the ~45% shooting Joe...

and if he is tired of playing so much...Woody needs to be aware of this and make the first sub Chill or Mario for JJ instead of Chill for Marvin at the 7-8 minute mark...and let JJ sit for a spell... I didn't really see JJ being a huge part of the offense yesterday and we still scored a bunch of points because of Josh Smith's impressive game yesterday...

but still I don't like seeing Smith take over the offense like that...he deserves some touches...but if he is our number 1 scorer...then we might be in trouble...

we need JJ to be consistent night in and night out...and be the JJ we know and love...

In the Indiana game, we just gave up and played stupid defense... in the 3rd quarter... the team showed absolutely no heart and no desire to win that game...

the onus is on the players and the coach for this...

but more so on the players...

the coach needs to put in people that will play with energy and passion...

but those on the court need to respond by giving their heart and soul for the team...

I didn't see that in the Pacers game...

3rd reason why we are losing is because of defense...

why are we leaving so many shooters wide open? with a team with a lot of shooters we should just play them straight up and clog the passing lanes instead of collapse on players... I know it goes against the instincts of people playing basketball... but if you are going to double-team someone...make sure the person u were guarding is not a 3 point threat! and make sure he isn't cutting or camping underneath the basket...

we just seem to play through stretches where we don't care... and things get sloppy and it takes awhile to get back on track... this needs to stop.

I thought the team had turned the corner with their 5 game losing streak...but now we've gone in reverse and now are looking at that corner again...

We're the 8th seed right now...but we need to start winning again...

JJ needs to be JJ.

Put in players that give their effort on the court... let Mario West play at least 10 minutes a game...

In the 5 game winning streak...JJ was hot, and we had Mario West inject some fire into the way we played...we passed and moved the ball around and we were hitting shots...and getting calls...

now...not so much...

team needs to fight through it...

no overzealous this team sucks...or this player sucks...

its frustrating as a fan but...

really theres nothing we can do...

but hope that we can start winning again...

Quote:

Is it Woody?

Is it the defense?

Is it JJ?

Is it luck?

Is it the refs?

Is it the return of players from injury?

I don't see any difference between the offense of now than the offense where we were winning 5 games in a row...

there may be just a little less movement...

but still I think that JJ isn't being as aggressive and he is missing WIDE OPEN 3s and when he gets into the lane he doesn't finish... if JJ plays like JJ then we would have won the Cleveland game (he disapeared in the 2nd half until he hit two meaningless threes)...and we weren't passing and Marvin wasn't hitting his jumpers in that game... and we would have definitely won yesterday's game against New Jersey...

for all those griping about the offense... JJ has gotten a lot of open looks at 3...and he misses them...and even little jumpers and fadeaways he usually hits, he has been missing them too... we need Joe to play like Joe... not the 20% shooting Joe...but the ~45% shooting Joe...

and if he is tired of playing so much...Woody needs to be aware of this and make the first sub Chill or Mario for JJ instead of Chill for Marvin at the 7-8 minute mark...and let JJ sit for a spell... I didn't really see JJ being a huge part of the offense yesterday and we still scored a bunch of points because of Josh Smith's impressive game yesterday...

but still I don't like seeing Smith take over the offense like that...he deserves some touches...but if he is our number 1 scorer...then we might be in trouble...

we need JJ to be consistent night in and night out...and be the JJ we know and love...

In the Indiana game, we just gave up and played stupid defense... in the 3rd quarter... the team showed absolutely no heart and no desire to win that game...

the onus is on the players and the coach for this...

but more so on the players...

the coach needs to put in people that will play with energy and passion...

but those on the court need to respond by giving their heart and soul for the team...

I didn't see that in the Pacers game...

3rd reason why we are losing is because of defense...

why are we leaving so many shooters wide open? with a team with a lot of shooters we should just play them straight up and clog the passing lanes instead of collapse on players... I know it goes against the instincts of people playing basketball... but if you are going to double-team someone...make sure the person u were guarding is not a 3 point threat! and make sure he isn't cutting or camping underneath the basket...

we just seem to play through stretches where we don't care... and things get sloppy and it takes awhile to get back on track... this needs to stop.

I thought the team had turned the corner with their 5 game losing streak...but now we've gone in reverse and now are looking at that corner again...

We're the 8th seed right now...but we need to start winning again...

JJ needs to be JJ.

Put in players that give their effort on the court... let Mario West play at least 10 minutes a game...

In the 5 game winning streak...JJ was hot, and we had Mario West inject some fire into the way we played...we passed and moved the ball around and we were hitting shots...and getting calls...

now...not so much...

team needs to fight through it...

no overzealous this team sucks...or this player sucks...

its frustrating as a fan but...

really theres nothing we can do...

but hope that we can start winning again...

One. There was a lot of luck in the 5 game winning streak. The Hawks haven't played good teams and the teams they did beat that were ok such as Utah and Orlando was sort of struggling in parts of December.

Teams were not hitting the 3pt shots either like they are right now.

I believe it's mostly JJ and the lack of assists (not sharing the ball). If JJ gets his usual 20-25, we probably win 3 of those 4.

Reality is, we need JJ. When he goes cold, it's awfully tough to win. Opposition can stop keying on him on D and makes it tougher on the rest of the team. He'll snap out of it...he usually does.