• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My one (non-superstar) deal that could help.....

Dragitoff

Hawks Trade: Josh Childress, Tyronne Lue, and Lorenzen Wright to Seattle for Luke Ridnour, Damien Wilkins, and Robert Swift.

Seattle gets Tyronne Lue and Lorenzen Wright's expiring contracts and Childress as a valuable piece to either be re-signed or used as a S&T option in the offseason.

The Hawks gain a PG that can push the ball up the floor. They also gain a backup to Joe and Marvin that always lights it up when he plays against the Hawks. Could playing for them make him even better? They get a raw, young 7 footer that will block shots and at least use his fouls up in a game.

New Team Outlook:

Johnson/Ridnour/Law

Johnson/West/Stoudamire

Williams/Wilkins

Smith/Williams/Jones

Horford/Pachulia/Swift

Watson/Lue/West

Durant/Childress

Green/Sczerbiak/Galeable

Wilcox/Thomas

Collison/Petro/Wright/Sene

It's not a sexy deal like dealing for more expensive, bigger names, but I think it's the type of move that would help us out. Seattle even used Wilkins a little at PG at times. You could go with that same "prototype BK" lineup used occasionally:

Wilkins, JJ, Marvin, Smoove, Horford

I don't really see the point in this deal. Ridnour can't stay healthy, Swift seems like he's never coming back. So basically you're trading a great asset (Childress) + trash for a streaky Damien Wilkins + trash. I don't see the point. I'd take Earl Watson of course

• Admin

I think people need to realize that we are going to lose Chil in the offseason. We are not going to pay him and Smith...especially with Marvin also up for a contract. Teams out there are going to pay him more then he is worth.

I am not saying to do this deal but I think looking for something before we lose him for nothing is not a bad idea.

it all depends on what chill wants. i don't think anyteam is going to be dumb enough to give childress a 10 mil dollar deal. anything under 8 and he is going to be a hawk for the next 5 years. also, i there is also the good possibility that he actually sign a new contract. nothing is set in stone when it come to childress.

as for the trade. it's actually pretty good. seattle would lose childress's bird right and could theoretically lose over 9 million in salary. wilkens would be a good pickup for the hawks and he can backup joe and marvin. also ridnour would be that creating point guard we have all been clamouring for. i would do it.

WOW @ that deal. I hope this is sarcasm. Luke is quickly becoming the next Speedy with all the injuries. Swift is very unimpressive as a reserve big man. And has Damien even broken the 25 point barrier in a game, since he looked like Nique Jr. aganst us?

Just a horrible, horrible deal across the board.

You do not trade Chill, unless you can get an equal or greater player for him. And if we trade him with multiple guys, I want a player who is a quality starter or borderline star.

Chill is only gone from the Hawks, if we don't match a deal.

Even in limited playing time, Swift is still averaging 1 Block Per Game. That's better than any of our other centers not named Horford is doing. Grant it, I'm not saying the kid is a stud young player by any means, but the tools are there to be more than a stiff or flopper. As for Damien, the kid lights it up every time he plays Atlanta. Playing for the hometeam and his uncle seems to inspire him. I think Wilkins and Childress are pretty much the same player except Damien seems to be a little more aggressive offensively while Childress is a hard worker, fundamentally sound player (other than that god-awful looking shot). Ridnour (if healthy) can be better than most any point guard we have under contract at pushing the ball up the floor and creating shots for his teammates.

Seattle might be interested in this deal because it frees up alot of money at the end of the season for them to bring in some big name free agents to go along with a core of young players.

Chillz is the best player in this proposal BY FAR. Wilkins had a career best great game against us but he averages 10/3 on 40% shooting to Chillz' 12/5 on 60% shooting.

As for Ridnour, like someone said, he is quickly becoming Speedy Claxton with all of his injuries and he hasn't played well at all this year. If we trade for him, combining his salary with Speedy's might give us over $12M/year over the next 2 seasons of PGs who can't stay healthy.

Swift has some upside but he is struggling to stay healthy as well and his upside is not nearly worth Chillz' production in my opinion.