• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Game 33: Atlanta VS Washington Game Thread

gsuteke

Yeah, I was at the game down the row from longtimefan and coachx. Coachx disappeared after his proposal (which went well from what we could tell), I figure he was off "celebrating" somewhere wink.gif

I brought my friend along who is a fellow Florida Gator fan who lives in the ATL now and he had a good time at the game. It was a disappointing loss, especially since one more made freethrow could have won it, or if one of those horrible calls went our way.

Some of the offensive sets were horrible, especially in the first half. They had Josh and Marvin or AJ just standing around at the 3 point line and Josh was stuck with the ball out there way too much.

That run where we went from 6 down to 6 up on them was awesome and showed why we need to be an uptempo team. We totally took advantage of defensive stops and turned them into easy offensive points.

I think part of why they got so many offensive rebounds is because Josh Smith left his guy to challenge shots by their guys when they got penetration. Sometimes it wasn't necessary, sometimes it was. I'm not sure if it was or wasn't worth the loss of some of those rebounds.

A rough night overall but still a fun experience.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You were definitely the most optimistic fan in the place. Every time I would put my head in my hands after another stupid play, I'd look over and you were clapping and cheering.

You're a great fan - with 'em thick or thin!