We have to refinish that Miami game

gsuteke

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

This is nuts. What if some guys are injured and can't play.

They should have to let back into the arena all the Hawks fans who went to the original game, so that they can see the finish.

Then after 53 seconds they can let in the fans for the other game.

Fans should sue that if they didn't see the full game, they should get a ticket to another game. Or a refund!!!!!!!

Ridiculous....

That's exactly what I'm worried about. Or worse, what if someone gets hurt DURING the replay of this ish.

This pretty much proves that the league doesn't give a damn about us. Either Woody,Billy, or onr of the owners should PUBLICALLY say it just like that. The fact that Stern has pretty much let the ownership dispute go on without any word one way or the other, is another indication that they don't care.

The Hawks should now IMMEADIATELY PROTEST the Josh Boone dunk that shouldn't have counted in the Jersey game. And the owners should be proactive about every non-foul call that JJ doesn't get.

The AJC, the sports talk guys, somebody in that town better show some extreme outrage over this ish.

This is like the NFL telling the Patriots to replay the Jets game, after they caught the cameraman on the Pats sideline.

I've never liked David Stern to begin with. Now I HATE his bytch azz!!

If they let it get to this, they are opening a big can of worms. Everyone is going to review close games afterwards and look for blown calls. Where does it end? What is "replayable". It wasn't even like the score was wrong or anything.

Did they already take the win away from us? The fans should be so loud and obnoxious to Riley and the Heat at that game, that they will want to get off the court. Can you imagine if we lose that game, what the 2nd game will be like?

I am hoping that the NBA rethinks this one before March.

They'll make the game start with the Hawks up by 1 and shooting FTs which is bullsh!t because they made both of those FTs.

The ironic thing about this situation is Riley wouldn't put Shaq in the final minute of the game whether he's healthy or not come March.

Quote:

They'll make the game start with the Hawks up by 1 and shooting FTs which is bullsh!t because they made both of those FTs.

The ironic thing about this situation is Riley wouldn't put Shaq in the final minute of the game whether he's healthy or not come March.

In response, the Hawks should take Dwayne Wade OUT.

• Premium Member

I agree with everyone citing the "precedence" factor... I mean, obviously we will get to replay the New Jersey game from the point that the shot clock expired before Boone made the dunk right? right??? And obviously every other game that had an officiating mistake will be replayed also. What absurdity. Especially considering how Miami is the laughingstock of the East with no prayer to do anything this year but continue to embarrass themselves, and we are in the middle of a playoff hunt for the first time in 8 years... I would bet 100000000000000000000$ that if this had been Zaza during one of our 20 win seasons, and we went with Stern with this complaint requesting a "do over" he would laugh so hard at us that he would vomit out his cold black heart.

This is absurd. I would agree that our official scorer should be able to count to six - but it was a simple mistake. Those things are gonna happen every now and then. Unless Stern has some kind of evidence of an intentional conspiracy to get Shaq fouled out (which I'm SURE didn't happen) you just live with it.

I'm amazed we got the third pick in the draft last year with Stern in charge.

Now if we are up one and Horford has two free throws - and I hate to say it but the averages are he'll hit 1 of 2 - it'll be their ball with us up by 2. Anybody's game.

To make this fair for both teams, this farce of a re-do

should NOT be allowed to be played BEFORE the regular

scheduled game.

All the players in the game, especially the Shaq, who went

to the bench for oxygen while the others finished, were

tired.

Play this AFTER the regular game! That way, all players

should be warmed up and ready to go.

Also, a question. If a player or players are traded

away before the game, what happens? Will they have to

come back and play in this game? Will players not

available, injuried or inactive, be allowed to play