• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Noah a cancer?

TheNorthCydeRises

Quote:

No Noah today because he gets into a verbal altercation with an assistant coach? Then the players say that one game isn't enough? Interesting.

LOL . . maybe we can give them Shelden for Noah.

Noah, to me is fickled.. if things don't go his way, he has a tendency to pout..To a certain degree he did that at Florida under Billy Donovan. However, Florida was winning a lot of games. In Chicago and their losing situation, you may see more of that type of behavior..

Now uniting Horford with Noah may 'calm him down' and he may be able to blend in, but he can be disruptive...

Noah reminds me of Boris Diaw.. Immensely talented, but might not do what the coaches tell him to do... and then it can snowball into something else..

Noah isn't poor and was well off (dad-Yannick Noah)coming into the league, so if he doesn't like a situation, he may demand a trade..

• Moderators

Quote:

There's not a lot of players that Shelly is better than ,but Noah is one of them. Noah is terrible. Undraftable, imo. He's probably mad that the coach told him he sucked or something.

I would trade Shelden for Noah in a heartbeat.

Noah will be fine. He's an extremely enthusiastic kid who just wants to play and win. He probably isn't used to being on the low end of the totem pole. He was "The Man" in FLA for 3 years and now he's adjusting to life in the NBA. This will be good for him and he will move on. As much as I would love to see him with Horf again, I wouldn't want to disrupt what we currently have. We need a proven Big to play the #5 and Noah isn't it right now.

Quote:

Quote:

There's not a lot of players that Shelly is better than ,but Noah is one of them. Noah is terrible. Undraftable, imo. He's probably mad that the coach told him he sucked or something.

Really? Seriously, I would not draft him, I would not sign him to a 10 day, nothing. I just don't see anything that is NBA quality. Not a single thing. I'm open minded. If you want to try and convince me, I'm listening. I just don't see it. Add in this type of thing and it's not even close. Have you ever heard of players wanting a guy to have his suspension extended ?

I really think Shelden, while never being worth the 5th pick, would be putting up better numbers and looking like more of an NBA player, if he were not on the Hawks.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Really? Seriously, I would not draft him, I would not sign him to a 10 day, nothing. I just don't see anything that is NBA quality. Not a single thing. I'm open minded. If you want to try and convince me, I'm listening. I just don't see it. Add in this type of thing and it's not even close. Have you ever heard of players wanting a guy to have his suspension extended ?

I really think Shelden, while never being worth the 5th pick, would be putting up better numbers and looking like more of an NBA player, if he were not on the Hawks.

Shelden is several inches shorter and has no real future with this team. Noah is several inches taller, can play PF or C, and is on a cheaper, longer rookie contract.

Noah's PER is 17.67 which is nearly double Shelden's 9.93 PER. This is dispite the fact that they get similar minutes.

So for me it is:

Noah positives:

* Cheaper contract

* Longer contract

* Taller

* Younger

* More productive (in less time averages signficantly more points, blocks, steals, assists and virtually identical rebounds)

v.

Shelden positives:

* More mature

I take list 1 in a heartbeat.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Shelden is several inches shorter and has no real future with this team. Noah is several inches taller, can play PF or C, and is on a cheaper, longer rookie contract.

Noah's PER is 17.67 which is nearly double Shelden's 9.93 PER. This is dispite the fact that they get similar minutes.

So for me it is:

Noah positives:

* Cheaper contract

* Longer contract

* Taller

* Younger

* More productive (in less time averages signficantly more points, blocks, steals, assists and virtually identical rebounds)

v.

Shelden positives:

* More mature

I take list 1 in a heartbeat.

As we learned from Isaiah Rider.... maturity means alot.

• Moderators

No question that maturity is important but consider a couple of differences between the situations involving Rider and Noah:

(a) Noah functioned very well and won multiple championships in college whereas Rider came out of college with a reputation as a troublemaker;

(b) Noah has never been in trouble off the court whereas Rider was convicted of at least 3 crimes before coming to Atlanta; and

© to get Rider we had to break up our core backcourt rotation and give up an outstanding player in Smitty whereas to get Noah in this hypothetical deal we would be giving up a player who rarely plays for a team that has a need for rebounding and frontcourt defense.

Add in the age, contract, height, productivity, etc. differences and it is still a no-brainer for me.

• Moderators

Let me just add that I totally agree that Noah has some significant growing up to do and that I am not ready to write Shelden off as an NBA player. I just think that for what the Hawks need, Noah is a much better fit and prospect. I also would like the fact that Horford could be an outlet for the guy and show him how to handle his stuff if he got traded to Atlanta.

I can't see Chicago giving up on him for Zaza or Shelden, though. If the Bulls would do either of those deals, I would definitely be on board.

this is one issue in a rookie year...i wouldnt let this go too far....noah's personality in the past has been one of funny guy with flair but speaks his mind...this kind of stuff has the potential to happen...i live in gainesville and never heard anything about this guy being a tool..

live and let learn.....

...and it continues...

Quote:

At halftime of the Bulls' lifeless 102-88 loss to the Orlando Magic on Tuesday night, Noah and Ben Wallace had to be separated in the locker room, according to witnesses. Noah walked into the room loudly complaining about Bulls players laughing on the bench, then Wallace confronted Noah, and Luol Deng had to step in and pull them apart, the witnesses said.

The Bulls finished the first half down 57-52 after trimming a 14-point deficit. When the second half began, the Bulls appeared shell-shocked.

They were outscored 32-10 in the third quarter as the Magic pulled out to a 27-point lead. Some Bulls reserves led a late comeback to make the final score seem respectable.

I'd give up Shelden for Noah...

• Moderators

The interesting thing about a lot of this is that if Ben Wallace were doing what Noah is doing it would be admired by a lot of people. Chicago is a team that is underperforming and doesn't seem terribly motivated. A lot of what Noah is complaining about is guys not giving enough effort or dedication. It isn't like he is demanding more shots or something. If Wallace was slamming the bench at halftime for laughing that would be a positive. Because a flamboyant rookie is doing it, it is not acceptable.