• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

we won by 20 and JJ still played 42 minutes...

flava

Quote:

we won by 20 and JJ still played 42 minutes - WTF is wrong with our head coach. i didn't see the game but I don't care how hot a guy is, play him that much and he'll break...

flava

That's why you should've watched the game.

- JJ played the entire 1st quarter, scored 19 points

- Horford and Smoove were in foul trouble all game

- Marvin was pretty much a non factor offensively today

The only time JJ really had a chance to get significant rest, was in the 2nd quarter. Woody opted to put JJ in a little earlier than he should've, so that we'd still have a double digit lead at halftime.

( sigh )

I'll say this again, and keep saying it, until some of you finally get it. While JJ isn't as talented as a LeBron, Kobe, and Wade, he is just as important to the Hawks, as those guys are to their respective teams. And all of those guys routinely play 40+ minutes a night.

Kobe, because his entire team is stepping up these days, has been playing less. If Marvin or Smoove could be counted on to provide offense EVERY game when JJ isn't on the floor ( not just every once in a while ), then JJ could see his minutes reduced to around 35 minutes a game.

If you want the Hawks to win, he has to play heavy minutes. That's just a fact of life for us.

Joe played 42 minutes because we never really pulled away. You have to remember that we have some games where we allowed the other team to get back in after leading by 15+ it like Memphis and Cleveland(although we eventually won)and games where we have actually trailed after leading by double digits like Jersey,Minnesota,and Detroit. This team has no idea how to play with the lead for some reason.

If we had made an effort to run after rebounds like we did in the 1st half we would have been up by about 30 in the 3rd IMO. We were up by about 14-20 points the majority of the 2nd half but I always thought the Bulls had a good chance to get back in the game until Joe stole the ball and hit the 3. The Bulls are a pretty bad team this year...any decent team would have gotten the game in single digits in the 3rd quarter considering how poorly we played but they never went on a run to make it close.