gsuteke

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I'm glad we won but those were BS calls.Johnson pushed Iverson twice

I didn't think AJ pushed him on the second one, but I agree it was a bad call on the first one.

I just consider it make-up for the bad backcourt that Joe got called for in the Wizards game.

I notice Horford got the ball stripped by Camby a lot too. Camby seemed to know what Horford was doing. Of course, he is one of the top defenders in the league, so hopefully Horford will learn from it.

Quote:

As usual the Hawks did a horrible job on the defensive glass. Denver got 20 offensive rebounds.

I wonder how many of a teams shots are from the perimeter against the Hawks? It seems like they take a lot of long shots which can mean a lot of long rebounds. I also see Josh Smith coming off his man to contest shots and so he isn't in position for the defensive rebound.

Are these things that can be fixed or necessary evils?

When he isn't contesting shots Smith doesn't box out much. He just relies on his jumping ability.

Marvin doesn't go for balls enough. So many times i will see a loose ball come his way and he will actually start to run downcourt expecting someone else to get it.

Horford is the only one who makes a legit effort on the defensive glass.

Typically I agree with you about Marvin's rebounding effort. But last night he did lead our team with 8 defensive boards.

There's no reason why he can't do that every night of course. I hope for his sake he's being coached to focus on getting back in transition from offense to stop the break and to always be ready to get off in transition from defense to start the break.

I think coaching probably plays some role, but I think realistically it's at least 70% due to Marvin not dedicating himself to rebounding like he should.