• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We Got Our Swagger Back!!!

JackB1

It's offical. We've won 3 of 4. We are back at 500 and we won the last 2 games in easy, dominating fashion and the last game against a top tier west coast team in the Nuggets.

I was at the game and it was a joy to watch the Hawks jump out in front and pretty much stay there the rest of the way. I kep waiting for one of those extended lulls where we score 4 pts in a quarter, after we scored 30 in the one before. Not this time folks.

Marvin was red hot from the start....hitting 4 or 5 jumpers from almost the same exact spot. Then JJ, Chills and the rest of the boys contributed. This was a very balanced attack tonite. We took advantage of Denver's soft defense and when Camby wasn't in there, we were scoring almost easily. Smoove had some drives to the basket that looked ridiculously easy. The team really passed well tonite and seemed to WANT to share the ball around. I get the feeling these guys are really enjoying playing with each other more and more every game.

We really needed this win to prove we are back on track. I think the Xmas layoff hurt us and led to the losses at the start of the year, but it looks like we are back to where we left off before xmas.

By the way...my personal winning streak continues and is up to 12-0!

• Premium Member

I think the most telling play of the game was when JJ drove by his man on the baseline from around the three point line and just dunked the ball with two hands without so much as a Nugget breathing on him... The Nugget defense was a total joke all game, and the Hawks did a good job, for most of the game, to take advantage of it.

The Nuggets were visibly playing with a lack of energy that is pretty common for teams coming off a back to back... I was really hoping that the Nuggets wouldn't make a run so that we could rest our players some in the fourth. Unfortunately for us JJ logged 42 minutes tonight, and that will certainly not help him to improve his numbers in second nights of back to backs tomorrow. (17.5 ppg on 35% shooting)

Milwaukee has a terrible overall record but they are actually very, very good at home with a 10-5 record... I don't feel good at all about the game tomorrow. Hopefully the Hawks can dig in and play with good intensity.

I know it might be a reach, but fortunately ZaZa and Shelden will be completely rested. Solo and West too. They didn't get many mintues. To win tonight against the Bucks, we might have to have one of our defensive efforts rather than a track meet.