• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How did Acie look tonight vs. the Nugs?

bumpyphish1

Quote:

I don't know how much I would attribute the run the Nuggets made to Acie's absence

I didn't attribute the comeback to Acie's absense. I just wanted to point out that the Hawks were doing well when Acie was on the floor.

AJ certainly didn't help things by running down the clock and turning it over.

Quote:

our offense reverting to "stand around and watch the ball bounce" offense.

Isn't it the pgs job to try to avoid that?

He missed some jumpshots but I was ok with that because he at least took those shots. Had a good drive and dish once that I think the receiver fumbled the ball. But he seemed more aggressive which I did like.

I also liked when he and Lue switched up playing sg and pg (lue is better at sg).

He was solid defensively against the quick iverson, actually more than solid i felt.

He's a rookie. I think he will get there. He's still getting used to the pro-game. And that injury didn't help at all. I think it kinda set him back a little just like Marvin last year. It just seems that he isn't quite comfortable yet. He'll get there...I hope.

From the parts I heard on the radio it sounded like he accepted the challenge of playing AI and wasn't afraid to try and take him off the dribble a few times.

On one occassion that led to AI getting pissed and taking him to the rack a few moments later (for an and-1 I believe), but that's besides the point. Everyone remembers when AI crossed MJ over (as a rookie?).

That was only one play, but it sticks in people's minds as much as what kind of stats AI had that season or how many wins his team had. I've seen a clip of AI talking about it and he wasn't bashful at all in describing the significance of that moment in his career.

When you challange an all timer and you have success, even if it's just one or two plays here and there, it can do wonders for your confidence and comfort level. That seems to be Law's biggest problem this season so hopefully he can build off of this game a little.

I know on that one play where he took AI off the dribble and got to the basket but missed the lay up. It was funny because he looked back at AI with wide opened eyes. He was shocked as all get out. Looked as he was saying, “Wow, I almost schooled AI” question.gif

The next trip down he did it again… and missed the jumper. lol6.gif

I was at the game and he did OK. Acie still seems tentative, but when he does make up his mind to drive or be aggressive, he's much better. He needs to stop hesitating and be confident in everything he does...passing..shooting or driving. He look like he is thinking too much out there.

If he ever puts it all together, watch out!

Quote:

He needs to stop hesitating and be confident in everything he does...passing..shooting or driving. He look like he is thinking too much out there.

Agree 100%. Well said.

Law needs to play off instincts rather then thinking too much. When he stops thinking so much it will also help his shot and confidence.

We know he can shoot when he has confidence and plays off insticts as he did in college.

The only thing that will help him gain this confidence in his game is to give him CONSISTENT MINUTES.