@

bradleyexterior-300.jpg

AKA

DSC00403.jpg

The Good Guys

matchups2othercopyns2-1.jpg

The Bad Guys

Bucks5.jpg

Today's game features two teams going in opposite directions. The Hawks are currently in the thick of the playoff hunt in the East while the Bucks are towards the back of the pack.

In fact reports are out that half of Milwaukee's roster is available. It looks like they are going to be showcasing some players before the trading deadline. Remember that feeling Hawks fans?

This game is the 1st in a string of 7 out of 8 road games for the Hawks. It is crucial the Hawks take one from a team they should beat.

If you're thinking the same thing I am.... Milwaukee???? Here's a little help

milwaukee_pointing.jpg

I know it's not like me to say this but Milwaukee seems like a pretty nice place

downtownlakemichigan.jpg

Seriously

DSCN0154.jpg

I'm not kidding. Yes downtown Atlanta residents. That is what's known as grass

100_3339.jpg

Seriously have you ever seen a homeless guy equipped like this in Atlanta?

DSCF0781.jpgDSCF0758.jpg

Milwaukee is actually famous for beer..... really bad beer

52002s.jpg

They got more beer in Milwaukee than you can shake a sledge hammer at!

milwaukeebeerparty.jpg

I never knew he was a High Life Man!

bac962b5.jpg

Pair a camera with a Drunk and you've got a recipe for disaster. Put your shirt back on Miller boy

ed13.jpg

Milwaukee is all about Big Beer and Big Women!

MillerHighLife.jpg

Relax Milwaukee they say even a Blind Squirrel catches a Nut every now and then. A lady after my heart

1e7e.jpg

My advice to you Milwaukee residents.... move where the heat is

Wintertime.jpg

2007 Draft Watch

77399485-1.jpg VERSUS 77504613.jpg

My prediction: 2nd Quarter Knockout

Viva la Hawks!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. For JJ not to shoot 35% like he typically does in the 2nd game of back to backs.

2. Keep the defensive intensity up. Horford has to out work Bogut. We have to out hustle their big front court. Smith had alot of rest last night with his 2 early fouls. We will need his energy.

3. PG play....Mo Williams can't burn us for a 25 point scoring night. Hopefully Law gets some burn. His defense is becoming stellar.

4. Marvin & Chills should be very agressive against the likes of Yi, Simmons, and Villenueva.

I expect Smith and Chills to have big games vs. the Bucks. Their quickness and athelticsm should give teams like the Bucks major problems. I think Smith had his career scoring night vs. the Bucks early in the season.

Basically high energy. The Bucks are a bigger team then us so we have to play with more energy then they do. That could be difficult in the 2nd games of back to backs.

if teams are hitting jumpers against Atlanta they can't kick the ball out to start that transition style offense that has been so kick tail the past two games.

if they are holding Milwaukee to a low FG% that sets up long passes on rebounds and junk baskets by Chillz and Marvin out ahead.

Quote:

Holy Smokes, you have to much time on your hands!

You may be right. Actually these threads provide a Win, Win, Win situation.

They are a positive for Hawksquawk because most people seem to enjoy them.

They are a positive for me because they help pass time. Not to mention I enjoy doing them.

They are a positive for my employer because as I surf the internet in the evening I'm listening to 90% of the sales calls that are made out of my facility. I open my office door and I can hear everything that's happening on the sales floor. If I hear one of my guys fumbling around trying to close somebody or in need of approval of a $ figure I'll get up out of my chair and immediately be there in their ear. Plus I can tell if people are on the phone.

Quote:

But you are creative.

Thanks. I hope you liked it.

I like the homeless guy. I thought that was a funny find.

Great homeless guy - he's set for the weekend!

As far as the game goes, I'd like to see some improved perimeter defense. Since they are at home they will likely be fairly comfortable shooting the threes if we don't get a hand in their faces...and no Chilzz...you don't have to foul them to get a hand in their faces. nol2.gif

in regards to the Bucks walking all over the Hawks, the only thing that I can think of is how successful are the Hawks in back-to-backs? I can't remember the last time the team won both games in back-to-backs? Anyone out there remember?

I agree that Acie is the key for tonight. Acie has to be able to put the clamp on Williams.

Marvin needs to be agressive tonight to take the scoring load off a tired JJ.

Josh Smith needs to keep playing like he has recently. I assume he'll be on Yi. I hope that Yi is playing Josh, as Josh should tear Yi up.

The Hawks reserve bigs will play long minutes tonight. Horford may end up in foul trouble against a guy like Bogut. Sheldon should be the first big off the bench, IMO.

We don't match up well with them and that worries me. They are one of the handful of teams in the East that I don't think we would beat in a series with the others being Detroit, Boston, New Jersey, and Washington. The Bucks have bigs that can spread the floor, they rebound well, they have very quick and talented scoring guards, they are young, and they are usually pretty disciplined. I should add that we have the ability to beat New Jersey, Washington, and Milwaukee in a series but I don't think we are ready to do that this year. I believe we would get killed by a healthy Celtics team as well as by the Pistons. We are damn close to being the 3rd best team in the East though IMO.

I didn't think we would beat them the last time we played them and I was wrong so I hope that will be the case again tonight.