• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Moving foward

coachx

They're a jumpshooting team, but a very good one. If we lose the rebounding battle (and/or give up as many offensive rebounds as we have), the team should be ashamed.

Going back to the game we lost at Philips, it was Ford and Calderon who killed us. We only have to worry about one of the two now, but it's still an issue. If we drop down to stop penetration, we leave a shooter open. Somehow, AJ or Acie has to be able to stop Calderon 1-on-1. (I don't even want to see Lue.)

Smoove had probably his worst game of the season (2/11 shooting, 7 TOs, 6 fouls), so we need that to improve. If I remember correctly, didn't we have a game in Toronto last year where he scored 30?

We badly need this road win to give ourselves confidence for next week's trip...

Quote:

For the purpose of a new conversation..................... So how do we beat the Raptors Fri night ?

At least we don't have TJ Ford to worry about.

ford always hurts the Hawks but the unfortunate thing is that Calderon is better. Toronto is all about teamwork and working together and really good point guard play, their roster beyond the point guards and Bosh is not impressive. The Hawks definitely have more overall talent but need to play smart and physical to win.

After further thought...

If you recall, one of the keys to our victory in Orlando earlier this year was placing Joe on Nelson on the defensive end. Joe was able to better contain Nelson than any of our PGs would (and we didn't have to worry much about Keith Bogans beating us).

I see a similar situation with Toronto. Joe is not quick enough to guard T.J. Ford (few players are), but I think he would be effective on Calderon. That leaves either AJ or Acie to guard the 6'6" Anthony Parker...but he's primarily a jump shooter (47% on 3PT, 46% of his points come from behind the arc), so I wouldn't worry too much about him using his advantage to post inside.

Just a thought...anybody have Woody's extension at the hotel in Toronto?