• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Wake up Fans JOE is who we need to GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

LastDon

I think that it has become very obvious that NOT THE JOSHES,NOT MARVIN, but JOE IS THE GUY THAT WE NEED TO RID OURSELVES ORDER TO EASE OUR LOG JAM OF WING PLAYERS AND SECURE THE TEAM'S FUTURE. This is BECAUSE ITS COMMON KNOWLEDGE THAT WE WANT BE ABLE TO KEEP THEM ALL.

THE PROBLEM

Joe lacks the athletism to be a go to guy in this league. If you look at any wing player that has been successful at being a number one option over the last 10 years they all were skillful and athletic.

In order to consistently be a go to guy you have to be able to draw fouls on nights when your jumpshot is not falling and Joe is incapable of doing this.

WHY WE WOULD SHOULD TRADE JOE FROM A MANAGEMENT STANDPOINT.

First of all,We have a log jam on the wing and JOE is not the guy that the few fans in Atlanta come out to see out of these players. Let's be honest guys most fans come to see JOSHES and MARVIN and their highlight reel dunks and not JOE CHUNK AWAY JUMPERS UNAGGRESSIVELY FROM THE OUTSIDE. Therefore we should secure the long term future of these players and make them the face of the franchise.

Secondly, JOE has the most trade value. He is a young allstar that many teams would be glad to have, BUT LIKE HARRINGTON AND WALKER BEFORE HIM he's just not good enough to be a go to guy.

Lastly, We are strap for cash and we are going to have to pay Josh Smith BIG dollars because he is the main attraction and it is evident that with him on the team and Joe as the Go to guy that we are .500 team

SOLUTION

TRADE JOE FOR PAU GASOL

I think that we should trade JOE,ZaZa,and Salim for GASOL, HakimWarrick and Damon Stoudamire.

TRADE SHELDON WILLIAMS FOR FRANSICO GARCIA

We would lose some outside shooting with the Joe trade and this would gain it back and also give a good guy in Shelden Williams a chance to play somewhere.

PROS OF TRADE

PAU HAS PROVEN THAT HE CAN BE A GO TO GUY. He led the Grizzlies to a couple 50 game seasons and also did his thing with Spain in the World Championships. True he is not Lebron or Kobe but a much better option than JOE. With Marvin,Smooth, and Chillz PAU WOULD TAKE US FROM ABOUT A 41 WIN TEAM WITH JOE TO ABOUT A 50 WIN TEAM WITH HIM

TRADE GIVES US A POINT GUARD AND A CENTER.

I believe that ACIE is the our point guard of the future but I don't like the idea of guys who have never effectively played the position in the league grooming him

to be that. Damon would be a nice short term fix and give us a guy that can run a team and stretch the D with nice shooting from the perimeter.

Pau Would give us the Length and Skillfulness in the post we need to Deal with the Dwight Horwards and KGs of the east.

Warrick would be another good young athelete to have in the mix

ADDING GARCIA

GARCIA WOULD BE THE HIRED GUN THAT WE BRING INTO THE GAME WHEN CHILLS DOESN'T HAVE THAT FUNKY SHOT GOING FROM THE OUTSIDE BECAUSE WITH HORFORD,SMITH,PAU WE would NEED GUYS WHO CAN STRETCH THE D.

THE NEW LINEUP

PG Damon Stoudamire/Acie Law

SG Chillz/Garcia

SF Marvin/Garcia/Warrick

PF Smooth/Horford/Warrick

C Pau/Horford/Solomon/Warrick

PAU AND THE THREE AMIGOS. THAT WOULD BE SWEET!!!!!!!!!!

Rubbish.

Do you think Marvin or Smoove can be a legit #1 scorer? Gasol isn't gonna score 25 a game. The idea is to get JJ and Gasol TOGETHER.

How does trading JJ help us? He's won 3/4 of our games. Of course he's gonna struggle after back-to-backs and when 80% of the team doesn't bother to show up every 3 games.

It's more like:

Trade Marvin, ZaZa + Lue for Gasol and move to Smoove to 3. Then we have a legit contender.

only the 20 and 10 he brings and 12 or so from Damon and that would be more than enough to make up for Joe's output.

What makes this deal sweet is the salaries match and Memphis would do it.

It would also get Joe's unconcerned ass closer to Arkansas and also unite him with one of his former coaches from Phoenix.

We need this trade people!!!!!!

JOE Sucks!!!!!!!!

I really don't even know why I'm replying, but...

Stop drinking the Kool-aid, Joe is not going anywhere. If that prevents us from going after Pau, so be it. You don't get rid of:

1) the ONLY high profile free agent we have signed in the past 10 years

2) our only all-star and olympian

3) the defacto leader of this team

Just stop this hread now. It's a waste. uglyhammer.gif

that Woody is clueless about coaching a small team. This trade would make us bigger and Mike would look like a better coach.

This is a business people!!! Even though Josh is nowhere near a max player we are going to have to pay him because he is our biggest draw. So we are going to have to get a better max guy to go along with him.

JJ has no personality and his game isn't exciting. Pau isn't either of these also but he addresses a team need which is Center. And Yes he can play center in the East.

And this deal ships JJ to the western conference and we won't have to worry about him being a thorn in our side same with trading Sheldon to Sac for Garcia.

Pau is just as good as Joe and would help us more. Marvin's more exciting than Joe so from a fanbase perspective we need him. He is also a couple years away from an extention which would give us added time to continue to build our fanbase. And with more fans and TV time the more guys you can pay.

i know i would have no complaints about Pau. Pau is one of the most underated big men in the game. Much better than shaq at this point and a top 10 big in this league.

I would love to have Pau's 20 and close to 10 boards and one or two blocks. You people are crazy!!!!!!

We are the worst 3 point shooting team in the league WITH JJ on the team. Gasol does not help there....nor is he a tough defender.

JJ is our best shooter and best creator with the ball.

Teams would play zone defense and we would struggle to score 70 per game without a perimeter scorer and creator like JJ. Not too mention JJ is our best ball handler and normally sets up the offense more so then our PGs.

The Grizz would LOVE your deal though. They need a legit, all star SG who can actually defend other SGs in the worst way......Mike Miller is a pure SF and no where near a SG......just cause they play him at SG does not make him one b/c he can defend real SGs.

You claim we do the deal to save money too....How is trading Smoove for Gasol saving us any money ? They both make about the same. So what does your proposal have to do with resigning Smoove ?

You put this trade out there like it is the best thing that can happen for Smoove's future and the Smoove is the face of the franchise.

Stop and think about this:

Marvin is a pure SF

Horford is a pure PF

Gasol is a legit 7 footer and the closest thing there would be to a Center.

You think a Hawks team without JJ will not need Marvin's shooting more then Smith's post play ? We won't need Smith in the post with Gasol and Horford but we will need some one who can hit a jump shot.

Chew on that for a while with your Smoove man-love.

stirthepot.gif

Now a complete team is this:

Team 1:

AJ / Law

JJ / West

Marvin / Chillz

Horford / Shelden

Gasol / Solo / Lo

Not this:

Team 2:

AJ / Law

Chillz / West

Marvin / Smith

Horford / Smith

Gasol / Solo / Lo

Team 1 can sore in the post, slash to the basket, and has JJ for Gasol to kick the ball out to for a 3 when he is doubled in the post.

Team 2 has ZERO perimeter scorers to balance the interior strength. With Gasol in the post he will eat up the space the other players would use to score in the paint. Flawed team from a chemistry stand point.

• Premium Member

From a financial standpoint... Trading Joe for a good young player and an ending contract makes plenty of sense. However, that trade is hard to find and ATL management won't do it.

JJ is an allstar..

JJ is the player that our owners fought over.

As long as there is a split, JJ will be on the team just to prove the point.

Rudy Gay and Mike Miller are playing VERY well in support of him and they certainly have better PG play than we do. It is not like he has nothing around him. Pau is solid but JJ has more of an effect on winning than Pau does. The reality is that a significant part of JJ's struggles is that he faces constant double and triple teams due to the fact that we don't have another consistent offensive threat yet. Smoove and Marv may be headed that way but neither of them EVER draws a double team. Pau would get the same double team treatment that JJ gets if he were here. The difference is that he wouldn't have 3 point shooters like Miller and Gay to throw the ball to.

With your proposed lineup, teams would just play zone the whole game and laugh at our pathetic perimeter shooting. It is already bad and it would be FAR worse without JJ. We would try to pass around the zone looking for an open shot and then when the shot clock started winding down, we would be looking for someone to create their own shot off the dribble. Who amongst AJ, Chillz, Marv, Smoove, Pau and Horf do you think would be best at doing that?

I said I would trade Shellhead to Sac for Garcia or even maybe Bonzi Wells with houston both teams would deal because they need a banger like shelden.

If teams play zone we would kill them on the offensive glass. we would still have lue and aj for some perimeter shooting

Quote:

That little outside shooting we would loose with JJ we would get back with Damon Stoudamire.

JJ Defense is overated also

My lineup was after the trade

Damon

Chill

Marv

3. Smooth

Pau

1. Your line up was dependnt on 3 indepedent trades happening within a month. (Iwouldbe suprisd with one trade, let alone 3). Since there is NO chance of us making 3 seperate trades I chose to focus on the largest of your trade proposals.

2. A 35 year old Damon Stoudamire does not replace JJ's pinky toe. He is now a 3rd string PG for a reason. He is through.

3. Garcia is nothing but an unproven wing and the D League is full of those.

4. As far as JJ'defense being over rated. Tell that to the Grizz who watch SGs light up Mike Miller nightly.

5. If your tallking Gasol......trading your boy, Smoove, for Gasol makes more sense for us then trading JJ.

For the record I am not for either one of these trades but if I had to pick one it would be keeping JJ and dealing Smoove for Gasol b/c it makes for a more complete team whose parts compliment one another.