• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Chad Ford's Proposed Hawks/Knicks Trade

AHF

• Moderators

Quote:

He is a flawed player but he has a dominant skill. There is a reason that he is making 10 million per.

Pryzbilla has a dominating skill, too, but let's stop with the gamesmanship on this.

If our owners would pay the bill, I would definitely offer non-core players to get Curry. Assuming Curry isn't available for that but Okur is, are you telling me that you wouldn't want Okur?

It is not Curry's fault that Isiah went out and signed Zach Randolph. Most people saw him as a poor fit beside Curry and he has been. It was just as bad a move as trying to pair Marbury and Francis in the backcourt.

On the other hand, both Horford and Smoove fit nicely beside Curry. In fact, if we made the deal, I see Curry, Horford and Smoove on the court together quite a bit, regardless of who starts where.

Curry is only a year removed from being a 19.5/7 guy and he just turned 25. If NY would do either of Ford's proposals, BK should pull the trigger.

If NYK goes for the Ford proposal, then the Hawks really need to consider it. I am not sure that a front-line of Smith, Horford and Curry is the right combo. Instead, MW, Horford/Smith, Curry makes more sense. Smith would be abused on the wings by guys like Wallace, Pierce, and Jefferson. Plus, Smith can't shoot well enough to free up space for Curry and Horford to work down low.

The trade of spare parts for Curry certainly opens up the possibility of using Smith for another significant piece such as a top-line PG.

That said, I would rather make the trade for Gasol as Pau at least wants to win and can rebound.