• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

UFC 81 Breaking Point

codyatl

I am actually going to this show which will be my first time seeing UFC live. This will be the debut of Brock Lesnar as he faces off with ex-champ Frank Mir. Also Tim Silvia vs. Minotauro Nogueira. Jeremy Horn vs. Nate Marquardt. Allen Belcher vs. Ricardo Ameida. Here are my winners- Lesnar, Nogueira, Belcher, Marquardt.

I haven't watched UFC in a few months, but Lesnar should be a pretty good fighter. He of course, has a wrestling background, and I'm not talking about his days in WWE. He's a beast of a man and should be hard for anyone to take him down. Frank Mir isn't a pushover either so it might be a good fight. Have fun at your 1st Live UFC show.

I am so excited about this trip. A friend of mine knows one of the figthers on the card so hopefully will get to meet some of the guys(and hopefully the octagon girls, lol). I believe Lesnar is going to dominate the division ina short while. I do wonder if he will be a little shellshcoked in his first fight but Im sure his days in wwe will help the nerves a bit. Mir was a great fighter but hasnt looked the same since his accident. Great booking though by UFC as it is a win-win with lesnar. If he loses to mir they can say well mir was a champ. If he wins they can tout him highly by beating a former champ first time out. Really looking forward to silvia getting beat. He is prolly my least favorite fighter other than Matt Hughes.

Lesnar was never really much of a football player to begin with. he was just a big strong dude who thought he could muscle his way into the NFL. He at least was a great wrestler before. If he learns some striking moves, he could be a monster in UFC.

On another note, like I said, I hadn't watched UFC for a long time. I used to watch when it first began. I stopped watching about the time Hoyce Gracie retired. I started watching again when he came back. I watched it pretty regular for a while, but kinda' lost interest when Matt Hughes, Rich Franklin, and Chuck Liddel started looking mortal. lol. I honestly don't even know who's good anymore, who's retired, who's the new faces, etc...

• Admin

My winners look the same as yours except I think Horn will take his match. He's a heck of a fighter.

Lesner gets a bad rap for his fake wrestling career, but before the MMA and the UFC, ex collegiate wrestlers didn't have much to do in the world of athletics after college or the olympics. He's freakishly athletic for his size and very strong. Mir definitely has the skills to beat him, but I think Lesners size and power will be too much for him. It will be interesting to see how he responds if he gets a few jabs to the grill early on. Check out the latest issue of Fight! for a pretty good interview with him. Best MMA mag on the market.