• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone watching the game online?

Admin

Wow - tension filled game. Woody's gone big without a traditional PG so far. Chillz made a turnover but also made a great "and 1" offensive rebound play. We can't afford any more turnovers tonight. Nice dunk in the lane by Marvin too.

Uh oooh - looks like they've got the foul count mixed up again. Refs are at the table.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

And the play after I typed that we hedged (one minute, 45 seconds for anyone with dvr who wants to see what I was describing).

I'm telling you guys, it's Lue and Smoove that are the culprits on the pick and roll most of the time. Lue is especally horriblem

LOL . . what in the hel is up with these statisticians?

• Moderators

I totally agree with Smitty's criticism of the Hawks for settling for jumpers late. That is a frustrating loss. Nice games by Josh Smith and JJ overall. Baaad game by Marvin. Finally got something positive out of TLue. Even with that, we gave up more production from their PGs than we got.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow! Travis freaking Outlaw...

What did i say.

No one on the Hawks could have guarded Outlaw so whats your point. The Hawks put there best defender on Outlaw and he still scored who else on the Hawks stops that shot tell me.

I don't blame Smoove for the loss at all but we gave him a wide open jumper. That wasn't in-your-face defense.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What did i say.

No one on the Hawks could have guarded Outlaw so whats your point. The Hawks put there best defender on Outlaw and he still scored who else on the Hawks stops that shot tell me.

Easy, you put Marvin on him.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What did i say.

Easy, you put Marvin on him.

So your saying Marvin on Outlaw makes him miss the shot lol your are on some serious stuff. Outlaw was making insane shots all game no one could stop him.

Outlaw is a nice player. Ironically, Woody had subbed in Mario West to defend Outlaw, because he's too quick for Smoove. This is the guy that most of Hawksquawk loves.

With 4 seconds on the clock, I see Mario giving him too much room. I yell . . "Close him out Mario!" . . because I know that Outlaw can knock down a 21 footer as well as drive the ball. Or course, that's exactly what he did.

Woody made the right substitution, probably thinking that Roy might still get the ball. McMillan made a great counter, by attacking the rookie. Mario will learn from that. But just a great shot by Outlaw.