coachx

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hawks Suspend Pachulia For Conduct Detrimental To Team

January 22, 2008 - 4:32 pm

RealGM Staff Report -

The Atlanta Hawks have suspended center/forward Zaza Pachulia for tomorrow night's game at Denver for conduct detrimental to the team, according to Executive Vice President and General Manager Billy Knight.

Pachulia's absence from the team will only pertain to Wednesday's game against the Nuggets, and he will be available to play at Seattle on Friday, January 25. [READ]

Why does ZaZa feel he should play more ?

Does he not go to film study and see first hand how bad he sucks ?

Z would be a really good volley ball player as good as he at the tip dril.

Maybe we could trade him to a Russian Volley Ball team for some Russian Circus Entertainment at halftime of the Hawks games.

Quote:

Well, it's a good thing since Woody can't use him (hopefully more King Solomon). Now if only Lue would join him...

I don't think we have that kind of luck. Plus AJ is back now.

We just have to hope that Woody uses good judgement and plays Acie big minutes....... which is about as likely as Iverson being held scoreless.

Well so much for our depth at the big. May as well get another cot for the basement of Woody's Dog House. I really hoped that once Horford demonstrated what he could do, Zaza would adapt to being more team oriented and would play stronger defense and pass the ball more. Looks like he went to the dark side. Now our "depth" at the 4/5 consists of Shelden, Lo, Solo and Zaza...none of which have been up to par consistently so far. I guess Portland showed us what real depth is all about yesterday.

As far as Zaza - wow, what a fall. From the "bargain" starting center to a cot alongside Salim. If Horford hits the rookie wall or if (knock on wood it doesn't happen) we get somebody on the frontline dinged up, we could be platooning Shelden and Lo.

What a disaster this bench has become.

- Zaza is losing it, and may never see the floor as a Hawk ever again

- Shelden is a complet non-factor

- Salim is pretty much a lost cause

- Lue is an asset and a liability

- Acie is ineffective as a bench player, but comfortable as a starter

- Chill is an asset, the only asset off the bench so far

- Solo deserves time, by default

- West has become the new Royal Ivey

- and Lo Wright is still Lo Wright

- and the former expendible PG at the start of the year, AJ, now gets heavy minutes

LOL . . Horford's consistency from the jump, immeadiately made Zaza and Shelen expendible.

Quote:

West has become the new Royal Ivey

I think West is what Ivey was supposed to be. West has the speed to guard the 1, size and strength to guard the 2, and always plays with energy. I hope they keep him around.

I would also like to see him on the court more often.

I've been impressed with him during his 19 to 24 second cameo apperances.

Seriously though - I totally agree that he should get more minutes. Just because he was a F/A doesn't mean he shouldn't get some burn - especially on second nights of back-to-backs or when the team needs an energy infusion.

• Moderators

What's the pattern here? Are we to believe that Salim, ZaZa, Shelden, Solo are all head cases who have lost the ability to play good basketball? AJ would be in this group if our three other PGs hadn't gone down at the same time. He'd be sitting watching Lue. Instead Woody's hand was forced and now we can't win without AJ.

The longer we try to go with only 7 guys getting significant minutes the more futile we will look.

• Moderators

Quote:

You know it is bad when the Hawks lose to a team led by the guy we passed on for Shelden (Brandon Roy) and no one even bothers to make a post about it.

Quote:

Quote:

You know it is bad when the Hawks lose to a team led by the guy we passed on for Shelden (Brandon Roy) and no one even bothers to make a post about it.

To be fair Roy did get clowned by JJ. JJ took only 4 more shots and scored twice as many points.

If Roy had outplayed JJ......

Quote:

Quote:

The Marvin draft was bad, but last years off-season was one of the biggest stinkers a GM not named I. Thomas has put together in a long time. Terrible does not begin to describe that off-season.

Look at how little BK did with a high lottery pick, a early second round pick and lots of cash:

Sheldon Williams

Salim Stoudamire

Speedy Claxton

Lorenzen Wright

You can't possible get less production then that!

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

To be fair Roy did get clowned by JJ. JJ took only 4 more shots and scored twice as many points.

If Roy had outplayed JJ......

Do you think a poor game by Paul or Deron would stop people from playing "what if" about Marvin? I don't.

Plus, even with a poor game from Roy, Portland's game revolved around him. Shelden didn't even play a single minute. I don't care how poor Roy's game was - that is some kind of stark contrast.

Quote:

Is this another indication that Woody has lost control of this team? If he ever had control. Either way it does not bode well for the locker room.

Come on, the exaggeration stinks around here.

The team played their guts out last night. I don't see any one quitting on anybody. Woody is not the best coach in the world...but I see 110 % effort out their from our guys.

Suspending a sorry player with a bad attitude means very little.

JJ dislikes ZaZa ALOT (I can't blame him). I can tell that much from the looks he gives every time Z bricks a layup or looses the ball.....JJ has refused to pass the ball to Z this year...that is plain as day to me.

The only bad guy here is Z and he is a bum any way. Take your $4mill a year...sit on the bench..and shutup....How hard is that ?

Quote:

Is this another indication that Woody has lost control of this team? If he ever had control. Either way it does not bode well for the locker room.

I was wondering if anyone else was thinking about this. Woody is a terrible communicator, apparently. Without knowing the full story, I'm going to take Zaza's side on this one. What has Woody ever done for us to believe him? I know Zaza isn't the only player that's been pissed with him.

Quote:

Quote:

This has been talked about in length hundreds of times.

Guess that isn't enough for you and others who get off on hearing themselves whine and [censored] about history that cannot be changed.

Don't have too much fun with this one. uglyhammer.gif