VS

denver_nuggets300.jpg

@

pepsi_center-denver.jpg

The Good Guys

hawks5nl0.gif

The Bad Guys

denver5cj0.gif

The Atlanta Hawks (17-20) visit the Rocky Mountains tonight for a matchup with the Denver Nuggets (24-16). These teams met a week ago in Atlanta with the Hawks coming out on top 104-93 in a game that wasn't really contested until the very end. Since then the reeling Hawks have lost 3 straight. The Nuggets meanwhile are .5 game behind 1st place Portland in the NorthWest Standings.

The Atlanta Hawks would like to invite you to join them tonight as they visit the great American city of Denver

Denver_Skyline__40009.jpg

Colorado is famous for many things such as

coors.jpg

Late great Singers

john_denver.jpg

They're also big into gardening in Colorado as well

marijuana-2.jpg

They do everything big in the Rockies!

marijuana-1.jpg

They also love their basketball team

carmelowithhearts-1.gif

Carmelo is so big out there he's got his own money.... seriously

carmelo_anthony.jpg

Be careful around Melo though. Knicks players were talking about eating the Nuggets alive before the game

kkkkkkkk.jpg

Apparently Melo thought they were talking about HIS nuggets

armeloAnthony0.png

Don't let those queer looking baby blue home Uni's fool you. This guy has a short fuse!

beast.jpg

The People's Champ?

cmelo.jpg

My @ss, dude swings like a girl!

2wmqs0z.gif

Melo does have a softer side, especially around his friends

zzzzlebronandcarmeloonswings.jpg

Is this a milk ad or did AI order the happy ending?

c480.jpg

I wonder if James found what he was looking for?

carmelo-1.jpg

I like to refer to this one as the Human Athletic Supporter

carmelo.jpg

Two bits of good news Hawks fans!

Zaza and his patented brand of defense are suspended for this one

AnthonyCarmelo400.jpg

And General Woodson will be fighting his last battle any day now!

woodyPatton.jpg

Dear God we're Hawks fans, have we not suffered enough?!?!

cid_5C9CE61B-02AC-4D53-8E47-D3AE3FF.jpg

Enjoy the game everyone and as always......

Viva la Hawks!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

Colorado is a wonderful place to visit. The people are a little quirky but it's a beautiful place.

I've been trying to find jobs out that way on & off for a couple of years. I have to have mountains where I live or I get depressed. wink.gif

Plus, I'm as quirky as they come.

Quote:

Quote:

Colorado is a wonderful place to visit. The people are a little quirky but it's a beautiful place.

I've been trying to find jobs out that way on & off for a couple of years. I have to have mountains where I live or I get depressed. wink.gif

Plus, I'm as quirky as they come.

In Boulder you couldn't smoke. anywhere. not even walking down the street. it was a city ordinance.

LOL

driving by the Coors brewery is cool because you're elevated above it and you can see thousands of kegs behind it stacked 20 feet high.

• Premium Member

I'm allergic to cigarette smoke, so Boulder sounds great to me. thumb3d.gif

Smoking really ought to be illegal in any public place, IMHO. I couldn't care less what people do in private, but legitimate public health concerns like 2nd-hand smoke should certainly outweigh any personal liberty issues.

We'll save that discussion for another time, though. soapbox.gif

Go Hawks!

Quote:

I'm allergic to cigarette smoke, so Boulder sounds great to me.
thumb3d.gif

Smoking really ought to be illegal in any public place, IMHO. I couldn't care less what people do in private, but legitimate public health concerns like 2nd-hand smoke should certainly outweigh any personal liberty issues.

We'll save that discussion for another time, though.
soapbox.gif

Go Hawks!

In Georgia you cannot smoke in a public building (restaurant, whatever) if anyone under 18 is allowed in.

It's nice.

Quote:

...Now that's a city I'd like to live in...

I'll admit I miss it - lived there 5 years. The winters last a long time though. I remember we tried to rush the season once and went up in the mountains to camp/hike/expand our minds in early April. The trailhead sign was hard to find because it was only about 4 feet high and there was still three feet of snow on the ground once you got off the road.

I particularly miss playing golf out there. I could hit the ball LOTS farther out there in that mile-high air.

The Nuggets sucked back then though...but the Hockey team was pretty good. Wait a minute! It's de ja vue all over again (humming the theme from the "Twilight Zone").

Ankle Leaves Melo Doubtful Against Hawks

January 23, 2008 - 8:46 am

RealGM Staff Report -

According to the Associated Press, Denver Nuggets ' forward Carmelo Anthony is doubtful for Wednesday night's game against the Atlanta Hawks because of a sprained left ankle.

He suffered the sprain against the Lakers on Monday night after he stepped on Kobe Bryant's foot, and had to be helped off the floor

Iverson Likely To Play Hurt Wednesday

January 23, 2008 - 4:17 pm

RealGM Staff Report -

Denver guard Allen Iverson is probable for Wednesday's game, according to the Denver Post.

Iverson injured his left wrist against the Los Angeles Lakers on Monday night. "I think it happened on one of the falls," Iverson told the Post.

Carmelo Anthony will miss tonight's game, but expects to miss no longer than a week of action.

I don't think we'll get blown out. I don't know what the spread is but if I had to bet I would probably take them (and bet the minimum allowed). I think we either take them down to the wire - or they pull away in the late 3rd/4th quarter.

If we take them down to the wire we can definitely win. If Horford or Josh Smith get into early foul trouble it'll be interesting to see what Woody does. I would imagine they'll challenge us in the paint early and often trying to do that.

But you never know - the "closer" could go crazy hitting threes.