• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rumer: Bucks after Marvin.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'd rather trade Chill. He's reached his ceiling more so than Marvin.

And I'm afraid that Chas V would be another guy on the bench that would be in Woody's doghouse. Any trade that was made without getting rid of Woody would be putting a bandaide on a gushing wound.

Naw. Chillz brings more to the table.

I think Having Charlie V could help some too. He's a legit 6'10..

Quote:

We all would (except Diesel).

But the Bucks or any other team for that matter would rather have Marvin for more reason then just their play on the court.

Marvin still has a year on his rookie deal.

Chills is in a contract year. Whoever we trade him to has the risk of losing him in FA for nothing.

The more you think about, the lower the chance of trading Chills or Smith. the higher the chance of trading Marvin (if there is a trade to be made at all).

That deal 2 for 2 doesn't work on RealGM's tradechecker, but you could expand it a little that might make it more appealing to the masses.....

Marvin Williams

Speedy Claxton

ZaZa Pachulia (going back to his old team)

Salim Stoudamire

for

Maurice Williams

Charlie Villenueva

Dan Gadzurich (sp?)

David Noel

We could then move either Lue or AJ for a pick or let their deals expire in the offseason

Williams, Johnson, Childress, Smith, Horford

Bench: Johnson, Villenueva, Gadzurich, Williams, Law, Lue, Noel, West, Jones, Wright

We still keep all our players with expiring deals except Salim. We also rid ourselves of a contract for someone not playing. Speedy's contract is about the same as Williams except for the years. We are giving up Marvin and his upside, but filling a dire need (or 2). Charlie V would be a scorer off the bench this team needs. Childress can score but is a bit tentative at times. Charlie V can come in and light it up for short stints.

Quote:

Quote:

And I'm afraid that Chas V would be another guy on the bench that would be in Woody's doghouse. Any trade that was made without getting rid of Woody would be putting a bandaide on a gushing wound.

Chillz is on of the least versatile players in the league. Not only does he not create at all, for himself or others, he can't score outside 5 feet worth a crap.

Looking at Childress' hotzones, he has made only 17 baskets outside the area right underneath the rim......ON THE SEASON. That is less than 1 per game.

When you score exclusively inside, and you are too weak to take contact, you are pretty limited as a scorer.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Chillz is on of the least versatile players in the league. Not only does he not create at all, for himself or others, he can't score outside 5 feet worth a crap.

Looking at Childress' hotzones, he has made only 17 baskets outside the area right underneath the rim......ON THE SEASON. That is less than 1 per game.

When you score exclusively inside, and you are too weak to take contact, you are pretty limited as a scorer.

Scoring inside is just smart basketball?? I've never heard anybody blast a player for scoring inside too much??? Do you understand basketball?? Obviously not. Even the Denver broadcast team was complimenting Chillz (before and after he walked out on the floor).. One even called him "the most dangerous 6th man in basketball". Your problem ex is that you don't understand basketball. I was reading a few Milwaukee forums and many of them talked about needing the intangibles that Chillz bring. It's only you and a handful of others who can't appreciate a guy who plays hard and smart?

Quote:

I've never heard anybody blast a player for scoring inside too much

The problem isn't that he scores inside "too much". He only averages 11 ppg. The problem is that he can't score outside 5 feet. He can only score inside 5 feet and the fact that he can't take contact makes hit hard for him to hold onto the ball and/or finish inside.

Quote:

It's only you and a handful of others who can't appreciate a guy who plays hard and smart?

I have a hard time appreciating a wing player who can't outrun Najera in the open court. I have a hard time appreciating a guy who's lack of court sense has regularly showed up in late game blunders.

His lack of bball iq also shows up in the fact that he is one of the rare wing players that has more turnovers than assists.

Quote:

intangibles

I am more interested in tangibles like scoring, which the Hawks badly need and Childress can't do.

This intangible nonsense is nothing but an excuse for his lack of production.

Quote:

...Chillz is on of the least versatile players in the league. Not only does he not create at all, for himself or others, he can't score outside 5 feet worth a crap....

Chillz is the quintessential (sp?) smart garbage/hustle scorer. Plus he does pretty well in most other aspects of the game. It's still unbelievable to me that he hasn't developed a high release point jump shot. Yo gotta believe he has at least tried.

My gosh this is a horrible trade for the Hawks. Charlie is not someone you want in a clubhouse, unless he has changed since his time at UConn (I had him in a class).

If the trade is for Marvin then it has to be either for Yi or Bogut.

A front-line of Smith, Horford and Bogut is nasty. No shooting though, so there is a problem there.

Quote:

My gosh this is a horrible trade for the Hawks. Charlie is not someone you want in a clubhouse, unless he has changed since his time at UConn (I had him in a class).

If the trade is for Marvin then it has to be either for Yi or Bogut.

A front-line of Smith, Horford and Bogut is nasty. No shooting though, so there is a problem there.

What helps the Hawks more ?

Having a legitimate, 25 year old, starting NBA PG in Mo Williams ? Let me throw in that he is a 40% three point shooter. We would be filling two needs with one player.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/maurice_will...x.html?nav=page

or

Marvin Williams playing instead of Chills ?

Charlie is just a throw in who is still on his rookie contract. At least he can hit a 3.

• Premium Member

Does anyone realize how bad Mo is on defense? That alone puts me against this trade. Mo and Charlie V both SUCK at defense, and they are key reasons why the Bucks suck. Mo is also not a true PG and he's a small PG, Bucks fans constantly talk about him being a 2 guard in a PGs body. Not worth trading Marvin for IMO.

Mo Williams is a solid PG but if he is so great, why do the Bucks suck so bad? Redd is an All Star and Bogut is better than any big man on our roster (Horford might be better one day but Bogut is CLEARLY better now). If Williams were truly a difference maker, MIL would have a better record with him as their starter than they have had over the last two seasons.

As for Villanueva, he has talent but he is like Brendan Haywood in that he only plays hard about every 3rd game. BK would have to be a complete idiot to trade a 21 year old as talented as Marvin for Mo/Villanueva after passing on Paul and Deron Williams.

I'd do the deal for Chillz as many have suggested but no way would I do it for Marvin.

Quote:

Let me throw in that he is a 40% three point shooter.

[url=
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/maurice_williams/index.html?nav=page]

follow your own link, which proves he's not a 40% 3pt shooter

this year: 39.5% in

previous years: 26-38%

career: 35.7%

he's never been a 40% shooter and this year is only half a year

he is a 17/6/4 pg with 2:1 a/to ratio that shoots well from the line and decently from the floor, but he's not a 40% 3pt shooter

he also plays poor defense and can't lead a team with an allstar (redd) and bogut playing well to a playoff record in this weak year

Quote:

Quote:

Let me throw in that he is a 40% three point shooter.

[url=
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/maurice_williams/index.html?nav=page]

follow your own link, which proves he's not a 40% 3pt shooter

decently from the floor, but he's not a 40% 3pt shooter

I posted the link and read it.

.395 is so close to .400..I guess you never heard of round off...using 2 dicmal places you would round .395 to .40 or 40% would you not ? Yoy can't say 395 % in terms of 3pt shooting.

That is .005 away away from being 40%...Oh my gosh I'm such a liar aren't I ? You must have problem with me or something to bring something that miniscule up.

Gosh.....give me break dude....splitting hairs aren't you ?

As far as defense goes I bet he is light years better then AJ or Lue at defense so I see that as an upgrade too.

Our main weakness is 3 point shooting and PG play. 2 Problems solved !