• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

After watching last night game...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

I really want Earl Watson. He's the guy we need. He pushes the ball, he finds the open guys. He plays some perimeter defense. He and AJ would be excellent tutors for Acie.

I agree, and would expand the deal to get Kurt Thomas. He's everything the Hawks need off the bench - post D, mid-range shooter, defensive rebounder, veteran.

As long as you include Shelden or Zaza, you're not hurting the cap until the third year of the deal.

• Premium Member

Quote:

After watching the 4th quarter, I want Ridnour. That #11 for Ridnour trade would've been golden.

I'd trade Shelden + Salim + Lue + 2nd round pick for Ridnour, Watson, Petro

Ridnour's doesn't run the offense as well. He did his share of scoring and would be a great consolation.

I think we can get Watson with ending contracts!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Is that all you saw last night? Surely there was something else you saw.
ooo.gif

I saw a lot of things. I saw good play from Yohon Petro and would love to trade for both. I saw a lot of good play early by Hawks.

However, since we spoke about PGs who can run the offense and hit the three.. of the PGs I saw last night, I would love to get my hands on Watson.

I agree. Watson + Petro would be outstanding. Plus, the Sonics have like 18 7-footers, so we might as well get one, and Petro is long and athletic.

Why don't we just ship Childress for Wilkins IF we can't resign him, and get Watson and Petro? I don't care if we have to give up picks also--these guys would really help.

• Premium Member

Quote:

So the play of the Seattle scrub role players caught your eye the most last night?

Interesting.

Oh, you want me to kiss Marvin's ass because he scored 33 points? Didn't he have every opportunity to score 33?? Didn't we as a team make the effort for Marvin to get Points in front of his HOME Crowd?? You watched the same game I did right?? How many games do you remember when JJ and Chillz was on the floor and there was a technical foul shot to be shot and we call on Marvin to shoot it??? You did see that right? Moreover, on the average night... When Earl Watson took the ball from clumsy Marvin on the break and threw the ball at him and the ball went out of Bounds... Wood would have put Chillz in the game.

Last night was no different than the time that We played in Dallas and Acie logged in about 30 minutes. Marvin had people at the game and we did every thing we could to make him look good. The Seattle Broadcast team noted how Joe Johnson seemed to be passing up shot after Shot.

Talk to me when Marvin steps up against a team that's not ranked next to last in the NBA.

Wow . . . why such anger in your font? There were a number of things Hawk-wise that you could've focused on. But instead, you focused on how the Seattle scrubs could help us?

It's not about kissing Marvin's azz. It's about taking notice about the Hawks in general. And part of that last night, was the play of Marvin. A simple . . "I liked how aggressive Marvin was from start to finish last night" . . would've been sufficent. Then talk about other players or the team in general. That's what you normally do.

Insttead, you focus on how good the Seattle scrubs looked? Like scrub players don't normaly good aganst us?

The sad thing about some this fan base, is that people refuse to be objective, if it goes against one's dislike for a coach or player. It's almost like people would rather see the Hawks lose, just so they won't have to give that player or coach some props.

Maybe the team did try to help Marvin shine in front of his hometown but that still doesn't take away the fact that Marvin played aggresively. When was the last time you have seen Marvin battling for rebounds near the basket?, He even had a few steals in the game. It doesn't matter that the supersonics aren't a good team the bottom line is that Marvin played with some passion for a change.

BTW the team did start to go away from Marvin in the 4th quarter. He was stuck on 29pts for a long time until about 1:30 seconds left in the the game.

Hopefully he can keep this up. I don't expect another 33point effort this season but I do expect him to score consistently near the 20point mark and not have nights where he only chipped in 8 or 10pts.

Quote:

I just wanted the guy to be objective, like he normally tries to do when giving his opinion on what happened during a game.

I am sure Diesel would be just as dismissive if Childress had scored 33 last night.

But then again i believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy so what do i know.

Quote:

Quote:

So the play of the Seattle scrub role players caught your eye the most last night?

Interesting.

Oh, you want me to kiss Marvin's ass because he scored 33 points? Didn't he have every opportunity to score 33?? Didn't we as a team make the effort for Marvin to get Points in front of his HOME Crowd?? You watched the same game I did right?? How many games do you remember when JJ and Chillz was on the floor and there was a technical foul shot to be shot and we call on Marvin to shoot it??? You did see that right? Moreover, on the average night... When Earl Watson took the ball from clumsy Marvin on the break and threw the ball at him and the ball went out of Bounds... Wood would have put Chillz in the game.

Last night was no different than the time that We played in Dallas and Acie logged in about 30 minutes. Marvin had people at the game and we did every thing we could to make him look good. The Seattle Broadcast team noted how Joe Johnson seemed to be passing up shot after Shot.

Talk to me when Marvin steps up against a team that's not ranked next to last in the NBA.

JJ wasn't in the court when MW took the tech foul shot. Don't make things up.

Marvin shouldn't have been over confident taking on Speedy like Watson 1 on 1. He is a defensive demon. MW is too tall to keep the ball down and not expect Watson to not embarrass him. That was humiliating. He should have passed and waited for ally-oop. I thought Woody, talking about him dribbling like Smoove full court, had some effect on him last night.

There are many players Seattle had that we could use.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I just wanted the guy to be objective, like he normally tries to do when giving his opinion on what happened during a game.

Instead, people fiend over Watson, Ridnour and Petro? Please.

Oh Yeah... I got that. Your whole objective was to start the MW ass kissing parade. The point of my post was a continuation of a discussion on the board before we even played Seattle. However, you want to chase my posts around the forum looking for an ass kiss for Marvin. Let's see how much ass kissing there will be after we play outside of Seattle? I had been giving Marvin a break. When people made post about Marvin not meeting expectations (Exodus). I did not say a word. However, as soon as we give Marvin a gift at Home..now you want a comment about how great he played and you said you want an OBJECTIVE comment?? How Objective have you been over the last 7 games before this??

This is from Hoopsworld earlier this month about the Sonics and possible trades. For what it's worth. I think I have read else where that Watson was available and not coveted in Seattle.

Pick A Sonic: lastly – pick a Sonic not named Kevin Durant or Jeff Green… Informed sources say Luke Ridnour, Earl Watson, Nick Collison, Chris Wilcox and Johan Petro are all available – hell even Wally Szczerbiak can be had. The question becomes who has enough ending deals and first round draft picks to make Sam Presti move. An informed source says there are a few motivators for Seattle – first they do not want to create a chaotic environment for Kevin Durant, as it stands now the guys get along and everyone has a bond – they don't want anything messing with KD's development, hence why they made the deals they made during the summer. As the deadline gets closer there is business to be done, and several player agents are hoping their guy is on the way out. Delonte West wants out as does Wally – the question is will another team set them free.