• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

After watching last night game...

Diesel

And from the Seattle paper recently. I guess this is a backhanded way of requesting a trade.

Watson’s frustration surfaces amid skidERIC D. WILLIAMS; eric.williams@thenewstribune.com Published: January 25th, 2008 01:00 AMUsually outspoken when he has something on his mind, Seattle SuperSonics point guard Earl Watson mostly kept his thoughts to himself while his team struggled through a 12-game losing streak.

Until now.

After practice Thursday, Watson spoke openly about how he’s coping with the team’s rebuilding process, saying he’s not sure where he fits into the Sonics’ plans.

“I’m upset after every loss,” he said. “The tension obviously builds for me after every loss. You always want your career to take steps forward. For me, winning is a big thing, especially after some of the transactions we made last summer (trading cornerstones Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis).

“You know, we gave up a lot. At the same time, I want to win. I’m not trying to go through rebuilding years, plural. I want to win. I think fans want their team to win, and fans pay money to see their team win. We all want to win, we’re all in it together, but at the same time it is what it is.”

Despite the team’s difficulties on the court, Watson has reached a benchmark this season, starting 36 games – the most he has started in a season. Watson is averaging 8.4 points and 6.3 assists per game.

Coach P.J. Carlesimo said he is pleased with Watson’s play, and Sonics management sees him as one of team’s most reliable players. Watson has not missed a game this season because of injury.

“I think Earl’s doing very well,” Carlesimo said. “I think he’s been consistent. And I think he’s played well all year.”

Still, Watson didn’t play in the final minutes of the past two games – which had him upset to the point Seattle general manager Sam Presti had a few words with him after a loss to Houston on Wednesday.

Watson, 28, said he doesn’t know if he fits into the Sonics’ long-term plans. His name has come up in trade speculation with the Feb. 21 deadline approaching. He will earn $5.8 million this season, $6.2 next season and $6.6 million in the final year of his contract.

“The business side of me, you have to think about things like that,” Watson said. “They’re evaluating you, and you are evaluating where you fit in the long-term picture. I’ve never even had that confirmed that I fit in the long-term picture.”

Swift back at practice

Wearing a bulky brace on his surgically repaired right knee, Seattle center Robert Swift returned to practice, working out with the Sonics for the first time since early November.

Carlesimo said Swift ran through all drills during the hour-long practice. There’s no timetable for Swift’s return to game action.

“He looked OK,” Carlesimo said. “He looked rusty but he looked fine.”

blogs.thenewstribune.com/sonics

Diesel, you've been givng "objective" takes on every game so far, commenting not only about the other team, but about the Hawks performances in those games.

Yet, nothing on this game but scrub talk?

You can do better than that man.

You didn't even have to concentrate on Marvin. Just give proper credit for what he did and move on. Like Exodus said, if that had been Chill to hang 33 on the Sonics, you'd definitely be singing his praises.

It's cool though. I shouldn't have even expected you to give him props or to be objective. It's like you told JackB the other day . . . team comes before favorite player . . or in your case, disliked player.

My fault D for expecting more out of you.

I would love to trade Lue,Za Za,AJ for Luke Ridnoir,Petro.

I just love how Ridnoir pushed the ball during this game and made great passes. Even though he didn't shoot from the outside during the game he has the ability to knock down open 3s. Petro has the atheletic ability, size and Girth to provide us with a lift when we are being out muscled in the paint.

Both guys would be nice pick ups for us and this is a deal that I think can be made.

I know, I know...Luke Ridnour sucks. He isn't a great defensive PG (like Claxton)...and all he can basically do is push the tempo and hit a shot here and there.

He is VERY athletic (for a white guy) and has a better BBIQ than any player we now have...still...do we need him? Difficult call...I mean...do we really need a "make it happen" type of PG?????

Inquiring minds want to know. munching_out.gif

Quote:

Quote:

I just wanted the guy to be objective, like he normally tries to do when giving his opinion on what happened during a game.

Instead, people fiend over Watson, Ridnour and Petro? Please.

Oh Yeah... I got that. Your whole objective was to start the MW ass kissing parade.

To me it looks like the objective was to bait you grin.gif

Can't we all just get along?

hidesbehindsofa.gif

OK - obviouly we need to do something...trade JS - ain't happening.

Trade Chillz...I would have no probem with that - to the E.C. Chillz has the least "blow-up" potential. Trade Marvin...I'm cool with that too. Marvin is just a mid-range jump shooter (with a funny kick). He can be replaced.

Trading JS would be a whole different ballgame.

Quote:

I know, I know...Luke Ridnour sucks. He isn't a great defensive PG (like Claxton)...and all he can basically do is push the tempo and hit a shot here and there.

Luke is a better playmaking, worst shooting, worst defending version of Tyronn Lue.

Quote:

He is VERY athletic (for a white guy) and has a better BBIQ than any player we now have...still...do we need him? Difficult call...I mean...do we really need a "make it happen" type of PG?????

Inquiring minds want to know.
munching_out.gif

His BBIQ isn't better than AJ's. If it was, he wouldn't be letting a guy like Earl Watson start ahead of him. Hawksquawk should know that they can't fiend over a player, jut because he looked good to great against us. If he came to the Hawks, he's not going to be playing against our caliber of PG or C.

Scrubs who have looked good to great against us this season:

- Barea ( the Dallas PG that replaced Devin Harris on opening night )

-Marko Jaric ( Minnesota )

- Royal Ivey ( Milwaukee )

-Jason Maxiell ( Detroit - he's not a scrub, but he looks like an all-NBA player against us )

- Candace's brother, Anthony Parker ( Toronto )

- Damien Wilkins ( Seattle )

- Sergio Rodriguez ( Portland )

- Travis Outlaw ( Portland )

- Kareem Rush ( Indiana )

I know I'm missing maybe 5 - 6 other people that could be added to this list. If I looked this up, I could probably add more.

And everytime a scrub looks good against us, Hawksquawk is like . . . "Hey, we need to get that player. He can help us!"

Take Petro for instance. He gets 5 blocks ( 2 against Acie ), and people all of a sudden want him here. My suggestion is to look at that cat's body of work. He shoots 40% FG. He's 7-foot+, but doesn't outwork anybody. And if Solomon Jones got the same number of minutes that he does, Solomon would look like the better player.

• Premium Member

Quote:

And from the Seattle paper recently. I guess this is a backhanded way of requesting a trade.

Watson’s frustration surfaces amid skidERIC D. WILLIAMS;
eric.williams@thenewstribune.com
Published: January 25th, 2008 01:00 AMUsually outspoken when he has something on his mind, Seattle SuperSonics point guard Earl Watson mostly kept his thoughts to himself while his team struggled through a 12-game losing streak.

Until now.

After practice Thursday, Watson spoke openly about how he’s coping with the team’s rebuilding process, saying he’s not sure where he fits into the Sonics’ plans.

“I’m upset after every loss,” he said. “The tension obviously builds for me after every loss. You always want your career to take steps forward. For me, winning is a big thing, especially after some of the transactions we made last summer (trading cornerstones Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis).

“You know, we gave up a lot. At the same time, I want to win. I’m not trying to go through rebuilding years, plural. I want to win. I think fans want their team to win, and fans pay money to see their team win. We all want to win, we’re all in it together, but at the same time it is what it is.”

Despite the team’s difficulties on the court, Watson has reached a benchmark this season, starting 36 games – the most he has started in a season. Watson is averaging 8.4 points and 6.3 assists per game.

Coach P.J. Carlesimo said he is pleased with Watson’s play, and Sonics management sees him as one of team’s most reliable players. Watson has not missed a game this season because of injury.

“I think Earl’s doing very well,” Carlesimo said. “I think he’s been consistent. And I think he’s played well all year.”

Still, Watson didn’t play in the final minutes of the past two games – which had him upset to the point Seattle general manager Sam Presti had a few words with him after a loss to Houston on Wednesday.

Watson, 28, said he doesn’t know if he fits into the Sonics’ long-term plans. His name has come up in trade speculation with the Feb. 21 deadline approaching. He will earn $5.8 million this season, $6.2 next season and $6.6 million in the final year of his contract.

“The business side of me, you have to think about things like that,” Watson said. “They’re evaluating you, and you are evaluating where you fit in the long-term picture. I’ve never even had that confirmed that I fit in the long-term picture.”

Swift back at practice

Wearing a bulky brace on his surgically repaired right knee, Seattle center Robert Swift returned to practice, working out with the Sonics for the first time since early November.

Carlesimo said Swift ran through all drills during the hour-long practice. There’s no timetable for Swift’s return to game action.

“He looked OK,” Carlesimo said. “He looked rusty but he looked fine.”

blogs.thenewstribune.com/sonics

Sounds like the right environment for ending contracts for Earl!!!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Diesel, you've been givng "objective" takes on every game so far, commenting not only about the other team, but about the Hawks performances in those games.

Yet, nothing on this game but scrub talk?

You can do better than that man.

You didn't even have to concentrate on Marvin. Just give proper credit for what he did and move on. Like Exodus said, if that had been Chill to hang 33 on the Sonics, you'd definitely be singing his praises.

It's cool though. I shouldn't have even expected you to give him props or to be objective. It's like you told JackB the other day . . . team comes before favorite player . . or in your case, disliked player.

My fault D for expecting more out of you.

A few games before the Seattle game, there was a thread that I started about the possibility for getting Earl Watson. Many people said that the deal sounded good. This thread was simply a follow up to what was previously posted. However, your response was definitely agenda. I haven't had a Hawks vs. Seattle -Diesel's take thread because quite simply, I hadn't got around to it. However, here comes Northcyde and his Marvin based agenda once again.

So since you're clamouring for Diesel's take on the game... here it is.

We played well in spurts..

Marvin played well.

We gave Marvin every opportunity to score during this game in front of his hometown crowd.

Zaza got more playing time than expected.

We should not go back to the Zaza/Shelden lineup because in the third that led to our losing a large lead.

Joe was unusually quiet. He played more of a facilitator role than a scorer's role.

Horf (to me) played better than Durant. He's definitely a better rebounder and will have a future of being counted on for 14/10...

It would be nice if the Hawks could trade Lue/Lo to Seattle for Earl/Petro as have been previously posted.