• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Let's not forget the Idiot who passed on B Roy

SmooveTheFuture

BK is alot to blame tonight as well. This could have been Brandon Roy doing this for us tonight instead we have 6'7 PF who looks like he has down syndrome taking 5th overall who was inactive tonight and just flat out sucks. Way to go BK for promising spedhead you were going to take him 5th overall and forgetting about everyone else. This franchise is going no where the way it is currently being runned. Passing on Roy, Gay and Foye for this shelden williams should have got BK fired a long time ago.

I couldn't have said it better myself. As Roy was single handedly destroying us tonight I thought to myself, how do you take a deadbeat like Shelden over this guy. BK should be tied to a chair and forced to watch that game over and over 100 times... maybe then, a neuron can sprout making the sort of connection in BK's brain needed for this guy to get a clue...

flava

Quote:

BK is alot to blame tonight as well. This could have been Brandon Roy doing this for us tonight instead we have 6'7 PF who looks like he has down syndrome taking 5th overall who was inactive tonight and just flat out sucks. Way to go BK for promising spedhead you were going to take him 5th overall and forgetting about everyone else. This franchise is going no where the way it is currently being runned. Passing on Roy, Gay and Foye for this shelden williams should have got BK fired a long time ago.

You make a good point STF. Maybe we should look at this as sort of a science project. How long will inept fools allow this to go on? My bet has already expired since I figured even a partially ept group would have fired BK by now.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Brandon Roy would have been sitting where Mario West sits right now... had we picked him. He's JJ all over again. We cannot lie and say that he doesn't duplicate JJ. Nor can we lie and say that he would have playing time this year.

i doubt that he would be sitting, if anything he would be playing out of position at the point or at worst be used as the backup shooting guard (a position held by childress right now) if anything he would have proven himself worthy of playing time (something sheldon can't seem to do. all in all a bad play by BK. this is what happens when you draft on need and not BPA. however i think he realized his mistake and that's why we got horford. the need pick would have been conley but the better player was horford. i don't think he'll make that mistake again.

You are completely right. He'd be sitting next to Mario West on the bench. People fail to realize that if we made an even swap for Roy, he would be in the same position as JJ. Teams would know that Woodson only runs plays for Roy, so don't even bother to look at the other players on the floor and lets all gang up on Roy. The Hawks had to play Roy one on one or risk a three pointer. The Blazers simply had to concentrate on JJ, which is why they won and we lost.

Quote:

... and no I don't think he's an idiot for drafting Smoove, just pointing out how ironic it is that you would call him that based on your username.

Just because my screename says Smoove in it wtf does that mean. Are you forgetting this is the same GM that passed on Al Jeffeson, Iggy, Loul Deng, Paul, Deron Felton and the list goes on im just saying the guy has made very few good moves in his drafts and the Shelden pick was def one of the worst.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Incorrect...close but wrong...Roy is considerably more athletic than JJ. I would actually put him in the DWade category. If I were the owner and I had the chance to trade JJ for Roy - all contracts aside - I'd do it.

JJ is a more matured player than Roy. Roy has been given full run in PTL. He's considered their top dog. Has he shown to be better than JJ? Even while Slumping, JJ is slightly better than Roy... and that's playing on a team with two other guys averaging in the high teens.

• Premium Member

Uhm...

When you lose by 1 point, everybody has spit into your soup. Every missed FT is a spit in the soup. Every turnover is a spit in the soup. Every dumb foul is a spit in the soup. Every blown defensive play is a spit in the soup.

Sure, Roy was the recipient of one of the biggest homer calls that I have ever seen (Vlade would be proud)... However, he's not the only one who spit in our soup!

• Moderators

Quote:

Brandon Roy [is] JJ all over again. We cannot lie and say that he doesn't duplicate JJ. Nor can we lie and say that he would have playing time this year.

I think JJ and another JJ who can guard PGs moderately well would be a pretty devastating backcourt combo.

Considering I like our lineup with Chills, JJ, Marvin, Smoove and Horford I would really like to see Roy, JJ, Marvin, Smoove and Horford!

Quote:

Uhm...

When you lose by 1 point, everybody has spit into your soup. Every missed FT is a spit in the soup. Every turnover is a spit in the soup. Every dumb foul is a spit in the soup. Every blown defensive play is a spit in the soup.

Sure, Roy was the recipient of one of the biggest homer calls that I have ever seen (Vlade would be proud)... However, he's not the only one who spit in our soup!

Roy scored 11 pts in the last 6 minutes. He took over at the end of the game. No way around it.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Uhm...

Roy scored 11 pts in the last 6 minutes. He took over at the end of the game. No way around it.

Not to discount what Roy did.

I think the bigger fault was US...

As I alluded to in my post. I think we spit into our own soup..

What were we, up by 12 going into the 4th??

The running game that had worked for us.. had become a memory.

The scorers who we were counting on, had become spectators in the JJ show.

If we were trading baskets with Roy, how much of an issue would he had been??? The problem is that we were not trading baskets.

When you lose a 1 point game... when you were up by a lot... Don't blame the one guy who scored the most in the end... Blame the guys in the mirror!

Quote:

The running game that had worked for us.. had become a memory.

The scorers who we were counting on, had become spectators in the JJ show.

I agree. I don't understand why we don't keep doing what worked in the first half. Every time we have a lead in the second half we play not to lose.