• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Let's not forget the Idiot who passed on B Roy

SmooveTheFuture

Quote:

Quote:

The running game that had worked for us.. had become a memory.

The scorers who we were counting on, had become spectators in the JJ show.

I agree. I don't understand why we don't keep doing what worked in the first half. Every time we have a lead in the second half we play not to lose.

I'd rather have any coach in college basketball's major conferences coach this team over the last 5 minutes of games than Woodson.

I'd rather have the players coach themselves over the course of the last 5 minutes of games.

I'd rather see complete streetball than have Woodson directing this squad in the clutch.

I can't recall a single time (granted, off the top f my head and while still reeling from that loss) I went away from watching a game thinking that our team had outcoached the other team.

If Roy were here, he would either start beside JJ in the backcourt or Marvin would be coming off the bench with JJ at SF. End of story.

Worse case scenario, if Roy were here, trading Chillz or Marv for a PG or a big would be a no-brainer. Even if you had to trade JJ or Roy himself to get that quality PG or big, we would be MUCH better off.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If Roy were here, he would either start beside JJ in the backcourt or Marvin would be coming off the bench with JJ at SF. End of story.

Worse case scenario, if Roy were here, trading Chillz or Marv for a PG or a big would be a no-brainer. Even if you had to trade JJ or Roy himself to get that quality PG or big, we would be MUCH better off.

Ask yourself...

Since BK has been GM...How many times has BK even been tempted to trade a player he drafted?

Quote:

Quote:

Ask yourself...

Since BK has been GM...How many times has BK even been tempted to trade a player he drafted?

He traded Diaw.

Just because BK has not pulled the trigger on some of the deals I have seen proposed here and elsewhere on the internet does not mean he will not trade a player he drafted for what he considers to be the "right price."

Still, even if he didn't make a trade, do you honestly believe that Roy wouldn't be starting for us? WORST case, he certainly would be contributing a heck of a lot more than Shelden is.

The thing that frustrates me the most is that if BK had just followed his own philosophy of taking the best player available regardless of position, he would have taken Roy. If he were going to draft for need, I sure as heck wish he had did it the year before. Unless it is REALLY close, I think you should draft the BPA all the time. You can always trade that BPA for something of need but if your "need pick" doesn't pan out, you are stuck.