• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

ITS OFFICIAL KIDD IS ON THE BLOCK

NJHAWK

He'd never come here IMO, but let's offer them:

Shelden, Lorenzen, ZaZa, Chillz, and Lue

That would free them up alot of money in the offseason and give them 2 servicable, young big men.

Kidd/JJ/Marvin/Smoove/Horford

Bench: AJ, Law, Solo, West, Salim.....wow, that bench sucks.

Quote:

He'd never come here IMO, but let's offer them:

Shelden, Lorenzen, ZaZa, Chillz, and Lue

That would free them up alot of money in the offseason and give them 2 servicable, young big men.

Kidd/JJ/Marvin/Smoove/Horford

Bench: AJ, Law, Solo, West, Salim.....wow, that bench sucks.

Worst trade proposal I've ever seen. I'd rather trade JJ + one other player than give up 3 big men and a smart player (Chillz).

Worst trade proposal? Are you kidding, you have to be kidding. ZaZa plays about 10 minutes a game. Shell and Lo dont play at all. Lue would get no minutes behind Kidd and AJ so who cares about him in the deal. Basically its Chills for Kidd, if we dont do that someone should be shot. You would rather give up JJ? You are being sarcastic I just know it. We have several free roster spots after we make this trade to sign some bigs to back up Horford and Solo.

He says he knows things may not turn out like he wants but he still wants out of NJ. If and I know its a miracle IF, we can get him for expireing contracts and say Shell, ZaZa and Chills like what was posted we would be an awesome team. Our bench would suffer some but our starting 5 would be sick.

It's not an awful trade proposal but it leaves us without any bigs except Horford and Solo and even with Kidd we could never win like that because Solo isn't ready to play big minutes and we can't play Al that many minutes over the course of the season. If we could move a couple of 2nd round picks for some big bodies then I would consider it.

Apparently Kidd is open to the idea of playing anywhere as long as the team plays hard but I highly doubt he will end up here.

I don't know what the salary cap implications are for having kid but if i aint worried about the bench because wright is gone. He was one of the worst players in the nba last year. You can find another wright. ZaZa you replace with a little less quality. But you could make a secondary move and pick up a big or two without dropping off dramatically.

we don't have a varejou coming off the bench right now.

Well we could give up AJ instead of Lo or ZaZa. Shell and Lo are buried on the bench farther than Solo and ZaZA appears on his way there as well. I know they are veteran bigs but if you look at their actual production you could bring up some hungry nbdl players to do what they are doing thus far. BHaley said he would rather give up JJ than ZaZa, Shell, Lue, Lo and Chills. Thats crazy!!!!!!

Shyyt if we have Kidd maybe give up AJ instead of Lue since Kidd can get Lue and JJ wide open shots. Lue can hit open 3's all night long. Na, his d will kill us and pizz Kidd off. I think an AJ, LUE, LO ZAZA, SHELL AND CHILLS TRADE works for Kidd and Jamaal Maglore.

Just ran it through the trade checker:

Lorenzen + Lue + AJ + Chill + either Zaza or Shelden . . . gets us Kidd.

This is the scenario I laid out if Jersey got to the point where they wanted to blow things up. ( I think I posted this on the ESPN boards, but I think I did it here too, back in the summer )

Anybody who would be against this, is absolutely crazy, in my book.

And here's why Jersey may do this:

Those great young players in the 03 draft, all took the 3 year, 60 million deal, instead of the longer 5 - 6 year deal. So in a few years, those guys are going to become available.

You CANNOT discoint the possible influence that a guy like Jay-Z might have on LeBron, seeing that they're kind of tight. I can see Lebron jumping ship and going to Brooklyn if he doesn't win a title in Cleveland.

And if not Lebron, surely Wade may be available . . even a Kobe.

Unlike the Hawks, the Nets aren't going to celebrate for just making the playoffs. It's obvious that their window of opportunity, as curretly constructed, has closed. They definitely need to restructure that team. They should've started tis summer by not re-signing Vince.

The only question is if they want to free up enough money to bring another star in, in a few years . . or if they want to add complimetary pieces to add with Vince and RJ.

For us, it all depends on that damn ownership group, and if they're willing t go over the cap, but not into luxury tax land, to instantly improve this team all around.

Kidd would be a 2 year mercenary here, to possiby get us in title contention. People can tak all they want about him being an aging PG, he's still a top 5 PG in this league. And his all around game would be a godsend for this team.

And for all of you who want the Hawks to run, what better PG to have, than this guy.

Lineup:

G - Kidd

G - JJ

F - Marvin

F - Smoove

C - Horford

Bench:

G - Law

G - Salim

G/F - West

F - Solo

C - Zaza

With the deplted bench, we'd have to sign some scrubs. But guys like Salim and possibly West, would have to step up on a nightly basis.

Kidd improves us defensively, offensively, and improves us as a rebounding team. Most of all, we may really see what guys like Smoove and Marvin can do, with a legit PG running the show.

It's the same type of move that Boston made, when they gave up scrubs and young talent, just to get Garnett.

These are the types of moves that makes teams instanttly better. Not tradng for a Luke Ridnour.

Quote:

Just ran it through the trade checker:

Lorenzen + Lue + AJ + Chill + either Zaza or Shelden . . . gets us Kidd.

This is the scenario I laid out if Jersey got to the point where they wanted to blow things up. ( I think I posted this on the ESPN boards, but I think I did it here too, back in the summer )

Anybody who would be against this, is absolutely crazy, in my book.

And here's why Jersey may do this:

Those great young players in the 03 draft, all took the 3 year, 60 million deal, instead of the longer 5 - 6 year deal. So in a few years, those guys are going to become available.

You CANNOT discoint the possible influence that a guy like Jay-Z might have on LeBron, seeing that they're kind of tight. I can see Lebron jumping ship and going to Brooklyn if he doesn't win a title in Cleveland.

And if not Lebron, surely Wade may be available . . even a Kobe.

Unlike the Hawks, the Nets aren't going to celebrate for just making the playoffs. It's obvious that their window of opportunity, as curretly constructed, has closed. They definitely need to restructure that team. They should've started tis summer by not re-signing Vince.

The only question is if they want to free up enough money to bring another star in, in a few years . . or if they want to add complimetary pieces to add with Vince and RJ.

For us, it all depends on that damn ownership group, and if they're willing t go over the cap, but not into luxury tax land, to instantly improve this team all around.

Kidd would be a 2 year mercenary here, to possiby get us in title contention. People can tak all they want about him being an aging PG, he's still a top 5 PG in this league. And his all around game would be a godsend for this team.

And for all of you who want the Hawks to run, what better PG to have, than this guy.

Lineup:

G - Kidd

G - JJ

F - Marvin

F - Smoove

C - Horford

Bench:

G - Law

G - Salim

G/F - West

F - Solo

C - Zaza

With the deplted bench, we'd have to sign some scrubs. But guys like Salim and possibly West, would have to step up on a nightly basis.

Kidd improves us defensively, offensively, and improves us as a rebounding team. Most of all, we may really see what guys like Smoove and Marvin can do, with a legit PG running the show.

It's the same type of move that Boston made, when they gave up scrubs and young talent, just to get Garnett.

These are the types of moves that makes teams instanttly better. Not tradng for a Luke Ridnour.

drooling right now! That's kinda the same trade I proposed on another forum.

Quote:

LOL, I am not willing to give up 3 bigs + Chillz for a star--sorry.

That bench is miserable. You'd have Solomon and Mario playing 20 minutes a agme. Other teams would do behind-the-back layup drills with Horford out of the game

While I agree that bench would be horrible, look at the minutes our starters are playing now. Many nights we have 3 guys playing 40+ minutes or darn near it. I don't know what kind of guys are out there via FA and D-League that could at least spell our starters for a few minutes a night. Did DJ Mbenga ever get picked up by anyone? I highly doubt New Jersey does that deal, Atlanta offers that many players, and Kidd would want to come here, but you gotta' admit, our offense would look pretty scary, at least while the starters are on the floor.

Quote:

LOL, I am not willing to give up 3 bigs + Chillz for a star--sorry.

That bench is miserable. You'd have Solomon and Mario playing 20 minutes a agme. Other teams would do behind-the-back layup drills with Horford out of the game

You talk as if our bench isn't miserable right now, or that lay-up drills aren't happening when Horford leaves the game right now.

Of the players being dealt, only AJ and Chill get major playing time. Think of Kidd as a combination of both players, but with much greater defensive and playmaking ability. Lue, Lo, and Shelden aren't making contributons here anyway.

The backup guards ( Law, Salim, and West ) would have to step up when called upon. And a guy like Zaza would at least have to be consistent offensively off the bench, similar to how he was in the Portland game. Solo may have to play 10 minutes a night, but I think most fans would welcome that anyway.

Also, look at it like this. AJ, Lue, and Lorenzen are likely not to be here next season. The same goes for Chill, if he gets an inflated offer from somebody. Only Shelden is guaranteed to be here. We're going to potentially lose 3 - 4 of these guys in the offseason anyway.