• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If only one move could be made what would it be...

TheRealDray

because I dont think both will happen. A coaching change or a trade?

If we could get a coach in here, who would adjust and get the team into more of a running mode I think we could get on a little run toward the playoffs. Or hell if Woodson would just coach like he did preseason and early this season. That was all you heard in the offseason, run, get out and up the tempo-and they have just abandoned that mentality all together, and it of course comes from the coach.

Or we could get a player to help solidify the roster, maybe a solid shooter, Battier or Capono type of player, or even a big time defensive presence in the middle I think would go a long way to helping this team out. Really make teams think twice about constantly getting to the basket, cause we know Smith cant do it all the time by himself.

Quote:

If we could get a coach in here, who would adjust and get the team into more of a running mode I think we could get on a little run toward the playoffs. Or hell if Woodson would just coach like he did preseason and early this season. That was all you heard in the offseason, run, get out and up the tempo-and they have just abandoned that mentality all together, and it of course comes from the coach.

Or we could get a player to help solidify the roster, maybe a solid shooter, Battier or Capono type of player, or even a big time defensive presence in the middle I think would go a long way to helping this team out. Really make teams think twice about constantly getting to the basket, cause we know Smith cant do it all the time by himself.

My order of preference:

1. New owners - Solves problems 2 &3.

2. New GM - Solves pronlem 3.

3. New coach.

4. New point guard.

5. Real big man with low post offensive game and defensive ability.

6. Bench wing players that can shoot the ball.

Quote:

My order of preference:

3. New coach.

4. New point guard.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Well, thuroughly and succinctly, put.

W

Quote:

Quote:

My order of preference:

3. New coach.

4. New point guard.

One of the better posts in a while. I couldn't agree more at this point in time.

Quote:

4. New point guard.

It would be nice if 4 could include 6's ability to shoot the ball, you know, like Chris Paul. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

W

Quote:

Well that's the problem right there. The fan base is convinced that the Hawks need to run. We played the ultimate running team last night, and they dissected us with their 1/2 court game and defense, rather than pushing the ball and running.

We don't have the shooters, the depth, nor the PG ( with AJ running the show ) to consitently run or play uptempo. A coaching change to a guy that likes to run, doesn't make us a better team. You'd still need the personnel to effectively play that way.

A coaching change to a guy who can teach both offense and defense, would help though. But if given the choice, give me Mike Fratello and Larry Brown . . over Paul Westhead and Del Harris

This team has to with with DEFENSE, to compensate for their offensive shortcomings.

- Suns shoot 65% last night, we lose big

- Portland shoots 75% in the final 10 minutes of Sunday's game, we lose . . and in the Portland game, we shoot 52% from the field, and still lost the game

We're shaky when we play halfcourt offense, and when we try to play uptempo. The one thing that this team does have the ability to do on a nightly basis, is play defense. When they don't do it, it's an almost automatic loss, no matter how they play offensively.

On offense, a spot-up outside shooter is not what we need, contrary to popular belief. We need another guy who has the ability to create his own shot. If he can also hit a 3, that's all the better. But if not a perimeter guy that can get his own shot, a post player who can do it.

- Gasol

- Kidd

- Curry

- Cassell

- Mobley ( people might be ranting and raving about this guy, after tonight )

Kidd impacts the team the most.

Gasol balances us out the most.

Curry gives us a legit low pot scorer

Cassell and Mobley are two guys who can hit the 3, and create their own shot.

• Premium Member

Quote:

My order of preference:

3. New coach.

4. New point guard.

Wow. I think an expansion draft could accomplish those things faster.

What a crazy mess, eh?

• Moderators

Quote:

Well that's the problem right there. The fan base is convinced that the Hawks need to run. We played the ultimate running team last night, and they dissected us with their 1/2 court game and defense, rather than pushing the ball and running.

I didn't see the game so I can't comment on whether this is right or not.

However, assuming this is correct how do you go from this to assuming running is a bad thing?

When the ultimate running team doesn't push the ball on your team and goes 1/2 court doesn't that strongly indicate they believe the way to beat you is to avoid getting into a running game and by leading you into a 1/2 court contest? Seems like the Suns adopting that strategy would be a strong endorsement for us as a running team and a strong condemnation of our 1/2 court offense.

Quote:

I didn't see the game

Consider yourself lucky.

Quote:

When the ultimate running team doesn't push the ball on your team and goes 1/2 court doesn't that strongly indicate they believe the way to beat you is to avoid getting into a running game and by leading you into a 1/2 court contest? Seems like the Suns adopting that strategy would be a strong endorsement for us as a running team and a strong condemnation of our 1/2 court offense.

Very logical, although last night i think the Suns could have used any strategy and won easily.