• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

This is Sad

JackB1

I really feel for you long time Hawks fans. I just moved to Atlanta and jumped on board this year mainly due to my man from FL (Horf) getting drafted. We had so much promise aftet the draft and then preseason. This looked like a new team ready to turn some heads. Well we did for the 1st 20 or so games, but now we turned back into the Bad News Hawks. I have been to about a dozen games at Phillips and had no predetermined feelings about this team and was impressed for a while with the team, but quickly noticed a lack of direction...a lack of leadership. I was suspicious of Woodson's abilities after watching a few games in person and this got worse and worse the more I watched this team.

There are 3 missing puzzle pieces that until they are in place, this team will not progress:

1) A Head Coach that can motivate and give these young guys direction. Make them believe in themselves. Woodson is just another in a bunch of losers right now.

2) A Point Guard that can shoot and can run this offense at full throttle. It's painfully obvious we are not a good half court offense team.

3) A quality center that can keep the opposition from getting layup after layup at will and also to move Horford to the #4 spot where he belongs. He, Smoove and Marvin can be a rotating trio playing the #3 and #4.

That's it. This team has taken my optimism and popped it like a balloon. It will take a lot to get me back. I want to root for these guys...I really do. But they need to show me something. The same something they showed before Christmas....heart.