• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Knicks and Hawks talking trade?

NJHAWK

I saw this posted on the Hawks espn board with of corse NO LINK but it said Isiah and BK were talking about a trade of Eddie Curry and NY's 1st round pick in 08 coming to atl for Marv, Chills and Law. Sounds like bs but it is Knight and Isiah so who knows.

Quote:

I saw this posted on the Hawks espn board with of corse NO LINK but it said Isiah and BK were talking about a trade of Eddie Curry and NY's 1st round pick in 08 coming to atl for Marv, Chills and Law. Sounds like bs but it is Knight and Isiah so who knows.

I could possibly see Shelden, Chill and Acie . . for Curry and the pick.

But I think the deal has to be BS because I don't think you can trade 2 consecutive 1st round picks. The Bulls got their pick last year.

That's a foolish deal though, on both sides.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I could possibly see Shelden, Chill and Acie . . for Curry and the pick.

But I think the deal has to be BS because I don't think you can trade 2 consecutive 1st round picks. The Bulls got their pick last year.

That's a foolish deal though, on both sides.

While I do believe that the Trade talk is BS...

I will say this..

The Stepian Rule states that a team must have 1 first round pick in consecutive years. The Knicks had a first rounder last draft... Chandler Wilson (whoever that may be).

The other problem is that NY has traded it's 2008 pick to Phoenix as part of the Marbury deal. Phoenix traded that pick to Utah. However the pick is protected through the first 23 picks this year.

My thing is this.. Why would NY want more forwards?

Wow, that seems like an awful lot to give up. We don't have a backup SG/SF, backup PG, and starting SF anymore if we do that deal. I guess Smoove could play the 3 but I'm afraid that would cause him to want to take more 3's. Our starting 5 would be pretty solid, but man that bench would suck.

I know Isaiah hasn't exactly been the epitome of a good decision maker, but do you think NY might go for

Marvin/Shelden/Law for Curry/1st Rd. Pick 08'?

If so, we could have a good balanced team. We'd still have PG ?'s as well as consistent 3pt. shooters, but I think Earl Boykins is still a FA. Maybe we could sign him or another PG FA since we'd have a few roster spots available.

Johnson

Johnson

Smith

Horford

Curry

Bench: Childress, Lue, FA PG, Pachulia, Jones, West, Salim, Wright

We would have our inside post presence and Curry's lack of defense and rebounding could be made up for by Smith and Horford. I think the sky is the limit with Marvin, but this would give us a closer to complete look than what we've currently got. It's obvious this team isn't going to run for long periods of time, so why not go with a more conventional approach? New York might very well be a lottery team again and we can try again for our PG or use the pick and maybe a sign & trade of someone like Chillz to acquire one?

Quote:

...and Horford would be a great fit alongside Curry IMO.

W

Why should we trade an up and coming forward who has the potential to be a game changer on both ends of the floor (and is definitely getting closer to being that guy) plus give up the best 6th man in the NBA AND our PG of the future? All that to get a guy the Knicks are dying to unload? No thank you! I wouldn't mind having Curry but I'm not giving up Marvin or Acie to get it done. They can have Chillz and Shelden plus expirings for salary issues but that's as far as I would go.

Quote:

That is a horrible deal for The Hawks. I would like to get Curry, but thats too much to give up. I would do Marv & Chills though. Law may be our PG of the future...if he ever gets playing time.

Quote:

Why should we trade an up and coming forward who has the potential to be a game changer on both ends of the floor (and is definitely getting closer to being that guy) plus give up the best 6th man in the NBA AND our PG of the future? All that to get a guy the Knicks are dying to unload? No thank you! I wouldn't mind having Curry but I'm not giving up Marvin or Acie to get it done. They can have Chillz and Shelden plus expirings for salary issues but that's as far as I would go.

That deal only makes sense if the Hawks are in position to draft Derrick Rose.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

That deal only makes sense if the Hawks are in position to draft Derrick Rose.

Exactly. My thought was that the pick is more valuable than Curry.

Quote:

yeah, i would blow up phillips arena if that godforsaken trade ever saw the light of day.

(dear homeland security i am kidding, please don't arrest me)