• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Million Dollar ?: Who's the Hawks best player

JTFan31

Now think about it for a minute. Who is the Hawks best player?

Joe Johnson or Josh Smith?

Yes Joe is still young but has he reached his full potential? I believe he has, what other aspect on his game can he improve, maybe being more assertive and took over in 4th quarter when we need him....thats probably about it

NOW

Look at Josh Smith, the man averages about 3 points per game less than Joe, which is not much a big difference....he fills up that stat sheet quite nicely ever night. If the not the best definitely one of the best shot blockers in the league. avgs 8 rpg, had a triple double the other night and nearly had one last night.

Now the big question is , has Smoove reached his full potential? heck no the man is only 22, still has so much to improve like being smarter, his shot can improve a bit more, because he does have a nice stroke....the skies the limit for josh right now and i think the hawks should offer him multi million dollar contract......best player we have ever drafted hands down. If the Hawks let Josh walk from them, this franchise would be again the laughing stock of the NBA, they have worked so far this year to not be it. And now they are choking, but hey that can be fixed quick by FIRING WOODY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So who's the Hawks best player?

I agree...it's Josh. When his shot isn't falling, he still gets his blocks, steal and rebounds. When Joe's shot isn't falling....well, that's about it.

Plus I absolutely can't stand Joe's lack of emotion out there.

I love Smith's passion for the game, but Joe just looks like he's punching a clock down at the mill.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Now think about it for a minute. Who is the Hawks best player?

Joe Johnson or Josh Smith?

Yes Joe is still young but has he reached his full potential? I believe he has, what other aspect on his game can he improve, maybe being more assertive and took over in 4th quarter when we need him....thats probably about it

NOW

Look at Josh Smith, the man averages about 3 points per game less than Joe, which is not much a big difference....he fills up that stat sheet quite nicely ever night. If the not the best definitely one of the best shot blockers in the league. avgs 8 rpg, had a triple double the other night and nearly had one last night.

Now the big question is , has Smoove reached his full potential? heck no the man is only 22, still has so much to improve like being smarter, his shot can improve a bit more, because he does have a nice stroke....the skies the limit for josh right now and i think the hawks should offer him multi million dollar contract......best player we have ever drafted hands down. If the Hawks let Josh walk from them, this franchise would be again the laughing stock of the NBA, they have worked so far this year to not be it. And now they are choking, but hey that can be fixed quick by FIRING WOODY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So who's the Hawks best player?

You guys kill me with all this talk of potential. potential means crap... You guys want to give a player something based on what he could be.

Here are some Diesel Answers...

1. IS JJ worth the money? NO!

2. Is JJ worth the money to the Hawks? So far, Yes... but that's changing.

3. Is Smoove worth the money? Hell yes.

4. Will Smoove be worth more than 9 million per? To the Hawks prolly.

5. Should the Hawks resign Smoove at any cost? It depends on what kind of team the Hawks intend on being...

6. Should Josh be an Allstar this year? Yes.

7. Should JJ be an Allstar this year? Not more than Smoove.

8. IS Josh better than JJ? Not really. Although JJ is in a funk and may be injured, he still has the ability to do more on the offensive end than Smoove. So much more that it makes a big difference. Smoove on the offensive end is his own worst enemy because his BBIQ is very low at times. Both players need better direction.

Ok but you said it his BBiq, thats cus he still young, give him another 2 years...and Smoove will have the ability of Joe...he puts more heart into the game than joe does.

Joe's problem is like Jack said, when his shot is not falling he completely shuts himself down he gets down on himself and stops trying at 100% . which he should every night in this league

Another thing off topic. Sheldon should be in the dog house and Solomon should get those minutes

When a team has lost 12 of their last 16 games, asking this question at this time is like asking which girl has the most class, Brittany Spears or Lindsay Lohan?

Who the F cares? Neither are playing for a playoff-bound team. They are the 2 best players on a perenially horrific team.

And when a rookie 'tweener like Al Thornton can score 33 while recovering from the flu, please don't discuss the defensive skills of Mr. Smith.

Statistically Josh Smith is the teams best player, but in reality it is Joe Johnson by a wide margin. Smith is definitely second by a wide margin, then, in order, Marvin, Horford and Childress. After that, there is nothing of consequence on the roster at this point, with Law being the only one with a shot at emerging.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Statistically Josh Smith is the teams best player, but in reality it is Joe Johnson by a wide margin. Smith is definitely second by a wide margin, then, in order, Marvin, Horford and Childress. After that, there is nothing of consequence on the roster at this point, with Law being the only one with a shot at emerging.

I think J Smith may be underrated around here at times. I honestly believe that he is the best ALL AROUND player on this team right now. When he's on his game, he helps us on BOTH sides of the court and is borderline unstoppable. He has a great work ethic and a much needed passion for the game whether we are playing well at the time or not. Even in that listless performance by the team last night he was trying his best to impose his will out there and almost had a triple double in the process. We seriously need to lock this kid up long term. With that said, we need to lay off of JJ. He's obviously hurt and yet he is out there for the benefit of the team. We've had no All-Stars for years now, and when JJ makes it for his SECOND CONSECUTIVE season with OUR team, these pseudo-fans whine about it. Our team is actually in the playoffs as of today and we're sending TWO players to All-Star weekend, with a strong case to send a THIRD player(Smith) there. I'm not saying that everything is all roses but we need to take every positive that we can get. What is this Philadelphia? confused.gif

**Sorry for the rant. Back to the OP grin.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

Ok but you said it his BBiq, thats cus he still young, give him another 2 years...and Smoove will have the ability of Joe...he puts more heart into the game than joe does.

Joe's problem is like Jack said, when his shot is not falling he completely shuts himself down he gets down on himself and stops trying at 100% . which he should every night in this league

Another thing off topic. Sheldon should be in the dog house and Solomon should get those minutes

BBIQ is not something that's easy to change... See Darius Miles and Tim Thomas for reassurance.

Usually it comes from being under good coaching from the start.

Josh missed college. College would have humbled him enough for him to learn to be a smart player. He came to the Hawks with Just athleticism. He has improved some, but converting a guy who believes that his athleticism can take him places to a guy who thinks about what he does... is hard to do. Moreover, Smoove has an affinity for the three point line. That's the last place he ought to be.