• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Should we draft a collective HS letter...

ATL_BALLER

Quote:

The team has improved under Woody. Do you guys really think that Woody wants to play Lue and Zaza? I certainly don't. He doesn't even appear to like them. Isn't it ironic that we played our best basketball without those 2 guys and now that they are back we are losing again? I know a lot of people seem to think that Woody is playing these guys because he wants to or thinks he should but as anybody who has ever had a job knows sometimes you have to do things that people with more power than you dictate. Maybe the owners are so cheap that they don't want to see guys making millions sitting on the bench. Then again maybe BK is trying to showcase some of the guys for trades. Yeah it's possible that Woody can't see what the brilliant people of the internet see and that's why he keeps playing Lue and Z but I highly doubt it. Wait until the trade deadline is over with and if we are still in the playoff picture I am pretty confident that the guys who make us worse on the court won't be getting as much playing time.

In saying all of these things I don't think Woody is a perfect coach or even close to it, but he is far better than many give him credit for.

You can't believe what you just wrote. If this is Woody's idea of "showcasing" Zaza and Lue someone needs to tell him that he needs to showcase their strengths, not their weaknesses.

Woody can't force them to play well. You guys give Woody far too much credit for the players not doing what they are coached to do on the court.

Scenario:

1. Woody/asst's teach play to players.

2. Woody instructs players to run play during game.

3. Players mess the play up.

Is that Woody's fault? At what point do the players become accountable for not doing what they are taught to do?

Hey Dol, it's hard looking at an issue from all sides, isn't?

JJ goes out of the game, the Hawks are up 19 - 14. JJ comes back into the game, and the Hawks are down 28 - 27. And we would've been down even more, had Marvin not made 2 of his 3 made FGs right before JJ came bac in the game.

Smith, Marvin, Chill, Zaza, and Lue were on the floor. That group couldn't even sustain the lead. And people wonder why JJ plays all the time.

Hawksquawk, take a wild guess how many lay-ups and tips we missed last night? Just take a wild guess.

Quote:

JJ goes out of the game, the Hawks are up 19 - 14. JJ comes back into the game, and the Hawks are down 28 - 27. And we would've been down even more, had Marvin not made 2 of his 3 made FGs right before JJ came bac in the game.

Smith, Marvin, Chill, Zaza, and Lue were on the floor. That group couldn't even sustain the lead. And people wonder why JJ plays all the time.

Hawksquawk, take a wild guess how many lay-ups and tips we missed last night? Just take a wild guess.

Layups and tips, huh? Who gives a shtye? Check out the record. It's 18-24. That has nothing to do with layups and tips. Check out his overall record.

Your excuses get worse every day. Are you Mike Gearon in disguise?

Which screams back to the point of JJ prior to the season stating that he thought this team needed to add another proven scorer in the offseason. Again he has to play major minutes, he is clearly nursing a sore leg, and by the end of the game he can't even get off his patented game winning jumper. Then people wonder why he looks disinterested or unhappy.

Until this team either adds another player or learns to win without relying on JJ IT WILL NOT MATTER who the coach is. How many coaches have we been through this whole grass is greener if only we have a new coach with now since Lenny left?

Quote:

Which screams back to the point of JJ prior to the season stating that he thought this team needed to add another proven scorer in the offseason. Again he has to play major minutes, he is clearly nursing a sore leg, and by the end of the game he can't even get off his patented game winning jumper. Then people wonder why he looks disinterested or unhappy.

Until this team either adds another player or learns to win without relying on JJ IT WILL NOT MATTER who the coach is. How many coaches have we been through this whole grass is greener if only we have a new coach with now since Lenny left?

no one is questioning that the roster is flawed. That is why BK needs to go before Woody. But, once BK goes Woody will be gone with him because no other GM will be satisfied with Woody as HC.

You are most likely correct in that regard, although I bet there are more people that think highly of Woody around the league than most people think. Imagine if Larry Brown were to be the next GM, or someone with ties to Bobby Knight. Neither of those guys would fire Woody, at least not without trying to fix the roster first.

Quote:

I guess that ZaZa missed 5 tips all by himself. I recall one possesions where Chills and ZaZa must have tipped the ball 5 times on the same position. Throw in all of Smooves wild shots....I will say 17.

Is there any coinidence that Lue and ZaZa were both on the floor when the offense struggled to score ? Say what you want about Law and Lo but they keep the ball moving and the defense rotating where Lue and ZaZa hold the ball while causing the offense to stagnate and the allowing the defense to find their man and lock him down.

I don't hold Woody responsible for EVERYTHING like some do. I do hold him 100% accountable for throwing away the offensive chemistry we were developing in December with causing Law to regress by playing Lue and Solo and Sheldon growthtobe totally stunted thanks to his loyalty to ZaZa again in January. I hopethat loyalty to Lue and ZaZa GETS HIM FIRED ASAP !

I now give Woody NO credit for the great play in Decmeber b/c it was injuries that forced the players who should be playing on the court who caused those wins. Then when Woody sees this combo of players works who goes right back to the line ups that have lost for the last 3.5 years.

Every reaction has a cause. JJ's sore leg is one of the causes but the main cause is Woody's decision of who to play.

Woody needs a class on offensive chemistry and ball movement b/c he does not get it.

Are you willing to consider that Woody has his hands tied with being forced to play Lue and Zaza? Look at his face when those guys are in the game, he always seems disappointed and frustrated and I honestly don't believe that anyone is dumb enough to repeatedly use players that could lead to him getting fired if he wasn't being forced to. I am praying that both of them get moved by the deadline. If that happens with them being replaced by better players and the team doesn't get any better than I will come down fully on Woody and say he should be fired but right now I refuse to believe that he truly wants to play those two.

Quote:

I guess that ZaZa missed 5 tips all by himself. I recall one possesions where Chills and ZaZa must have tipped the ball 5 times on the same position. Throw in all of Smooves wild shots....I will say 17.

Is there any coinidence that Lue and ZaZa were both on the floor when the offense struggled to score ? Say what you want about Law and Lo but they keep the ball moving and the defense rotating where Lue and ZaZa hold the ball while causing the offense to stagnate and the allowing the defense to find their man and lock him down.

I don't hold Woody responsible for EVERYTHING like some do. I do hold him 100% accountable for throwing away the offensive chemistry we were developing in December with causing Law to regress by playing Lue and Solo and Sheldon growthtobe totally stunted thanks to his loyalty to ZaZa again in January. I hopethat loyalty to Lue and ZaZa GETS HIM FIRED ASAP !

I now give Woody NO credit for the great play in Decmeber b/c it was injuries that forced the players who should be playing on the court who caused those wins. Then when Woody sees this combo of players works who goes right back to the line ups that have lost for the last 3.5 years.

Every reaction has a cause. JJ's sore leg is one of the causes but the main cause is Woody's decision of who to play.

Woody needs a class on offensive chemistry and ball movement b/c he does not get it.

The correct answer is 17. I counted 18 when I re-watched the game this morning, but the official game log indicates 17 misses.

So the new theory is that Lue and Zaza's absence were the reason why the Hawks won in December? At least the record backs that theory up.

OK, all somebody needs to do then, is Nancy Kerrigan both Lue and Zaza, and tell BK to tell Woody that he has to play both Lorenzen and Mario, or he wll be fired in the middle of the Nets game.

Who would've thought that an undrafted rookie, a center that 100% of the fan base clowned last year, and a struggling rookie PG, would hold the keys to winning for the Hawks?

Quote:

Not everybody wants Woody fired. I believe that he is a good coach but he has been severely limited by not having a complete roster. He was a rookie head coach who was asked to come into a losing/rebuilding situation and teach a bunch of young kids how to win at the highest level and not only that but he was given an experiment for a roster to work with in which the best PG he has had is a career backup.

I want to see the team make the trade for Kidd, if possible. If not, then for Sergio or Jack or a PG like one of them. If we do that and don't improve this year then I would say it's time for Woody to go, otherwise I'm in the camp that thinks he has hadn't a fair chance and shouldn't be replaced.

Check AHF's poll, Dolfan. You are in the very small minority.

Quote:

Layups and tips, huh? Who gives a shtye? Check out the record. It's 18-24. That has nothing to do with layups and tips. Check out his overall record.

Your excuses get worse every day. Are you Mike Gearon in disguise?

Yeah I know Pete. I know.

The bright side is that they did make 19 lay-ups/tips. That's 19 of 36 for a 53% conversion rate.

( 8 of those lay-ups came during that furious comeback, which means they were probably converting at less than a 40% rate before that point )

Woody should know better though. When controlling the Hawks, he has to know that with JJ and Smoove, he can get away with using the secondary joystick to have them do a special move going to the hole. If he uses the special move, he can make a lot more lay-ups with them.

But with guys like Zaza, Chill and Acie, he has to know that he probably needs to tap that circle button 2 times, in order for them to adjust the lay-up and make the shot. His bonehead azz should know this!

(( bleepin )) Woody . . killing us with all of those blown lay-ups.