• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sene watch

exodus

I know this guy is a running joke to some but it isn't out of the question that he can turn into a legit player. He is doing pretty well in the D-League, averaging 12/8 in 25 minutes, shooting 60% from the field and 64% from the line.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/care...r=mouhamed_sene

I doubt they will keep all three of Swift, Petro and Sene so there could easily be a trade posibility there.

Quote:

Is he more talented than Solo? We need to give him a chance before we go off and do that.

Solo doesn't have the size to play center. He isn't tall enough or strong enough.

Sene is 6'11" without shoes. His standing reach is 9'5" (Solo's is 9'1"). The only guy i know that has a higher reach is Yao at 9'7".

You can't teach size. Sene is also 2 years younger than Solomon.

Quote:

Quote:

Is he more talented than Solo? We need to give him a chance before we go off and do that.

Solo doesn't have the size to play center. He isn't tall enough or strong enough.

Sene is 6'11" without shoes. His standing reach is 9'5" (Solo's is 9'1"). The only guy i know that has a higher reach is Yao at 9'7".

And he also didn't start balling until he was 16. Sene was and is the definition of "raw" but he can EASILY be a Diop-type player, one with more offense, in 2 years.

W

Quote:

I think Solo's age is an asset. Body is more mature. The thing I love about him is he has the fire in the belly. Lot's of spirit that would need more of.

Actually Solo's age is a problem. his lack of strength is a major issue and at his age you have to wonder how much stronger/heavier he can get.

Quote:

Quote:

Ugh, the dreaded "you can't teach size" line. They say that for every tall stiff that can't play. You can't teach skill, either, of which Sene has none. He can block shot, sure, but with that height and length, anyone could.

Everytime I watched Sene play, he looked absolutely horrible. Not a fan.

Quote:

Quote:

Everytime I watched Sene play, he looked absolutely horrible. Not a fan.

When did you watch him play? It isn't like he has seen much NBA action.

I have league pass, so I watch a lot of Seattle games since they usually come on after Hawks games. In the spare minutes he got, he didn't impress. Granted, it was in extremely limited time, but he's just incredibly raw. While he COULD get better, I just don't see it happening. He'll never be an offensive threat because he has no touch and bad hands, and he doesn't seem to give much effort rebounding the ball, either. I think he could be a very good shot blocker who could play some minutes her and there, but 'meh', he just doesn't do it for me.

I guess it couldn't hurt to invest in him, at the right price, but I don't see NBA success in his future.

I think i read the draft express brief on him in the D-League, and it said his PG is basically growing his confidence with easy roll to the hoop scores, guess kinda like Nelson gives to Howard, easy im taller than you 2pt dunks/lay ins. So his offensive "skills" are less impressive than the ppg hes putting up. Heck heres the link..

draftexpress saer sene blog

Its not easy teaching a big how to use his body, doesnt matter how tall you are if you dont know how to shield your shot etc...we see it all time, bigs that cant finish, no matter how tall they are...Yi for example (he cant finish in traffic unless hes on the move, standing still he sucks even tho his reach is huge). Bigs so used to punking shorter guys they never develop solid post/big skills.

So i really would have to reserve judgement until i see if he even knows how to pivot tongue.gif