• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

BK passed on both Roy and Paul now there Allstars

SmooveTheFuture

Quote:

Billy Knight blew this roster up and built it from the ground up including that 13 win season, to doubling our win total, to 30 wins, to now contending for a playoff spot as one of the youngest teams in the league.

Actually, that is rather slow progress considering how low we were. The doubling of our win total wasn't bad but remember we had added Joe Johnson and a #2 pick. THAT was our big FAcy move and it only made us the 4th worst team in the league. The next year we only improved 4 games and this year we look on pace to improve another 4 despite TWO lottery picks. This is not "progress" but the sloth-like venture into mediocrity.

Portland on the other hand went from 21-61 (worst record in the NBA) to 32-50. Better than we've done so far in AT LEAST 2 more years of rebuilding. Now they are 27-19 WITHOUT their #1 draft pick, a franchise center! Now THAT is PROGRESS and that is how progress towards contention is supposed to look.

But of course, BK apparently needs his ass wiped so feel free to continue doing so.

W

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Portland on the other hand went from 21-61 (worst record in the NBA) to 32-50. Better than we've done so far in AT LEAST 2 more years of rebuilding. Now they are 27-19 WITHOUT their #1 draft pick, a franchise center! Now THAT is PROGRESS and that is how progress
towards contention
is supposed to look.

But of course, BK apparently needs his ass wiped so feel free to continue doing so.

W

Ok Portland is great. But after Portland we are arguably the most talented young team in the league.

In other words, the most promising young roster in the Entire Eastern Conference. BTW, everyone knew that #2 pick was going to take 3-4 years to develop.

But because we haven't turned it around as fast as Portland it means nothing? So If I find 500 million dollars tomorrow. It means nothing because it doesn't measure up to Bill Gates?

That's the freaking problem with Hawks fans.

Quote:

In other words, the most promising young roster in the Entire Eastern Conference.

The problem with such phrasings are they aren't true. For all our promise we still lose at an alarming rate. For all our promise this team (and that IS what this is about) is still a fatally flawed, frankenstein team lacking too many positions and skill sets. For all its promise, rookie contracts ARE AT AN END! We can't pay all these young prospects. We got FAR too little for our too many high lotto picks but they still cost too much.

Mediocrity is our PEAK because despite our having fatal flaws, lacking skill sets, and our fair amount of talent (although severely less than our MANY HIGH LOTTERY draft positions would indicate), we will NEVER have as much talent and "promise" as we do now.

We do not have a pick this year. JS, JC, and/or MW will not be resigned. SW will not be resigned or will not resign. Our talent will not increase but decrease and we remain on course for if not are already shipwrecked upon mediocrity, the most deserted island in all of NBA basketball.

W

Quote:

The problem with such phrasings are they aren't true. For all our promise we still lose at an alarming rate. For all our promise this team (and that IS what this is about) is still a fatally flawed, frankenstein team lacking too many positions and skill sets. For all its promise, rookie contracts ARE AT AN END! We can't pay all these young prospects. We got FAR too little for our too many high lotto picks but they still cost too much.

Mediocrity is our PEAK because despite our having fatal flaws, lacking skill sets, and our fair amount of talent (although severely less than our MANY HIGH LOTTERY draft positions would indicate),
we will NEVER have as much talent and "promise" as we do now.

We do not have a pick this year. JS, JC, and/or MW will not be resigned. SW will not be resigned or will not resign. Our talent will not increase but decrease and we remain on course for if not are already shipwrecked upon mediocrity, the most deserted island in all of NBA basketball.

W

We don't NEED a pick this year. We don't have the most upside in the East? Really? Who has more?

We're not going to re-sign any of our players?

Really? Where did you get such inside information?

Quote:

We're not going to re-sign any of our players?

Really? Where did you get such inside information?

Show me how we resign Childress, MW, and JS in the next 2 years.

As if having a team of 30 win forwards wins anything.

W

Quote:

W

Childress and Josh Smith are the only two with expiring contracts this year.

Have you seen the Lakers lineup recently?

Are you telling me Portland can't sign all it's young talent either?

Are you telling me Marvin Williams is going to demand a max contract?

Quote:

Quote:

W

Childress and Josh Smith are the only two with expiring contracts this year.

Have you seen the Lakers lineup recently?

Are you telling me Portland can't sign all it's young talent either?

Are you telling me Marvin Williams is going to demand a max contract?

Look at the actual numbers. Rhetorical claims especially about Portland (WTF?...the vast majority of their talent is in it's 1st or 2nd year - Roy, Aldridge, and Oden - with 2-3 years before rookie contracts are up and they are already 27-19!) are silly. We can't financially manage to resign all three. PERIOD!

SHOW ME THE MONEY!

W

W

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/atlanta.htm

We have to replace these players that are leaving somehow (i.e. we can't have one able 2nd yr Pg next year) in addition to paying JS, JC, and MW. Show me how it's done. The green represents the mere qualifying offer for that year.

The max salary this offseason may be $12-13 million (see 11 below).

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#12

I don't know the exact MLE but I believe Childress will be signed over it.

We need AT LEAST another Pg and likely another big man too since ZaZa will be gone after next year.

HOW, do we do it?

...as if this team is talented enough, skilled enough, and it's positions filled enough WITH the status quo. Our talent-level is at its peak. We can't keep all of it. We still lack skills and positions. What do we do?!?

W