• Raised $440 of $700 target

DieselPuter on Gasol trade...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rose is not hyped.

On a national level, Rose is very hyped. Maybe he flies below the radar in Memphis but he receives a ton of attention among college basketball fans. He and Beasley are probably the two biggest names in the game as far as recognized future stars.

Exactly. Beasley is the best player of the bunch but plays for a team without much recognition. His play has been nothing short of amazing and he's putting KSU back on the map, but they're still an afterthought nationally.

Eric Gordon's making a huge splash as a scorer on a pretty decent team but there's some question about his NBA position.

But Derrick Rose is the floor leader for the best team in the country, he's CLEARLY capable of playing the point, he has the NBA body and game, and he's proving that he's a winner. If you Memphisians can't appreciate that dude you got something really wrong with you.

All I was saying is there's no comparison between Rose and Critt. No way on earth would Critt be nearly as big of a spalsh in Atlanta as Rose would be. If the Grizzlies want no part of him, that's more than fine with me.

The thought that Memphis would choose Beasley over Rose is crazy. Beasley is good but hell, Rudy Gay is good and look at the attendance.

Memphis would flock towards a guy who leads the hometown team to a championship (or close).. Rose has put Memphis back on the map just like Penny did. If Memphis gets a shot at Rose... not only will they take him but MCJ will be traded for whatever else they need.

I don't doubt for one minute that Smoove may be in their radar, however, I also think they're saving some money to resign Gay and Juan Carlos... Moreover, I can see them going after a true big too...

had better get a heck of a deal for Conley. Them passing on Beasley to take Rose is like us passing on Paul to take Marvin. Rose has TREMENDOUS upside but he plays a position they already have covered pretty well. Meanwhile, BEASLEY is a beast at a position where they DESPERATELY need to improve.

• Premium Member

Quote:

had better get a heck of a deal for Conley. Them passing on Beasley to take Rose is like us passing on Paul to take Marvin. Rose has TREMENDOUS upside but he plays a position they already have covered pretty well.
Meanwhile, BEASLEY is a beast at a position where they DESPERATELY need to improve.

Uhm...

I wouldn't exactly call Rudy Gay a punk on the court. In fact, Rudy Gay is prolly a better pro than Beasley. So i wouldn't say that they DESPERATELY need to improve at Sf. Moreover, I strongly doubt Beasley can translate into PF in the pro game. Strongly doubt.

I say that they can ship MCJ to some team for a PF and they will be just fine... or they can go after one in FAcy.

Well people in Memphis that are Grizz fans know Beasley. Your problem is you are confusing Tiger fans and Grizz fans. Tiger basketball has been on the map also since they have two consecutive Elite 8 finishes and 30 win seasons before Rose.

Grizzlies fans prefer Beasley. Your logic does not compute.

• Moderators

Quote:

I wouldn't exactly call Rudy Gay a punk on the court. In fact, Rudy Gay is prolly a better pro than Beasley. So i wouldn't say that they DESPERATELY need to improve at Sf. Moreover, I strongly doubt Beasley can translate into PF in the pro game. Strongly doubt.

Beasely is going to be drafted as a PF not a SF, though. Someone will believe in him as a PF and take him earlier than teams that project him as a big SF.

I think they would compliment each other VERY well in Iavaroni's uptempo offense, particularly with a quick, pass first PG like Conley running the show. Beasley is bigger and stronger than Marion for sure. I think Beasley is every bit as much of a PF as Smoove is and he has a FAR better low post game. Whether he could hold up on the defensive end would be the question.

As for MCJ, I agree, it depends on what they could get. If they could get Elton Brand or someone of that caliber for Conley/filler, great. If they are looking at a role player for a PF though, as good as Rose could be, they would be crazy to pass on Beasley in my opinion.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Well people in Memphis that are Grizz fans know Beasley. Your problem is you are confusing Tiger fans and Grizz fans. Tiger basketball has been on the map also since they have two consecutive Elite 8 finishes and 30 win seasons before Rose.

Grizzlies fans prefer Beasley. Your logic does not compute.

No.. There was no confusion.

I was saying that the answer might be an olive branch to tiger fans.

You know those 17 Grizzlies fans sure look lonely in the arena... A couple tiger fans wouldn't hurt... right?

Now MX, let's see. What's the best way to get Tiger fans to come and sit with the faithful 17 at the Grizz game?

Could it be getting somebody who play college ball in Kansas?

or

Could it be getting a kid who led the Memphis Tigers to prominence in the NCAA...

Damn.. is this really not computing to you??

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Beasely is going to be drafted as a PF not a SF, though. Someone will believe in him as a PF and take him earlier than teams that project him as a big SF.

I don't know about that. It depends on what team gets him. For instance, if he goes to Miami, he's a Sf. If he goes to the Clipps, he's a Sf. If he goes to Minny, he's a Sf. If he goes to Seattle, he will be a Sf.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know about that. It depends on what team gets him. For instance, if he goes to Miami, he's a Sf. If he goes to the Clipps, he's a Sf. If he goes to Minny, he's a Sf. If he goes to Seattle, he will be a Sf.

You are probably right on that. But if he goes to Memphis, he is a PF.

• Premium Member

Quote:

IF I were SEA, I would put Durant at SF and Beasley at PF and look to trade Jeff Green. Of course if Rose is available, I would likely just take him and build around him and Durant.

I think Durant is a KG/Bosh type PF and not a Sf. I don't think he can guard that position so well... but then again, whoever said defense matters in Seattle.