• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Acie Law played really well tonight

capstone21

He had one of the strangest stat lines you will ever see. 0-1 shooting 21 minutes of play with 8 assists and not a single TO, rebound, steal, point, etc. I didn't get to see the game tonight but I guess that he was driving and finding guys open when the help D arrived.

Quote:

He had one of the strangest stat lines you will ever see. 0-1 shooting 21 minutes of play with 8 assists and not a single TO, rebound, steal, point, etc. I didn't get to see the game tonight but I guess that he was driving and finding guys open when the help D arrived.

yeah basically and that one jumpshot he took,he had to take it.I was happy to see Woody left him in for almost the whole 2nd quarter.

• Admin

He looked confident out there. He was really looking to get everyone involved. One awesome pass he made went through Chills hands or it would have been 9 assists.

He was not looking for his shot at all. The last time I was really pleased with his game was the game he got injured in Nov. He was playing really well and like a pg then too. This is the first time I seen signs of that since. I hope this is the start of him turning the corner.

I hate that his backcourt mate is Lue but other though. We need to acquire a backup shooting guard.

Law is really starting to grow on me. It is not his stats that impress me, what does is the fact that he is remaking himself into a true point guard. It is obvious that he is suppressing his natural scoring ability in order to emphasize passing. When he gets comfortable with his passing, he will have no problem finding his shot (remember what he did in college). I was for taking Conley instead of Horford, because I thought Law would be a shoot first, pass second PG. It looks like he may prove me wrong, and eventually become a special PG.

I have been saying it from the first time I saw him play...he is going to be a great PG for us in time. He has the tools and the heart. Once he develops, look out. Woody just needs to give him the minutes. Too many people want to write him off so early.

Quote:

I have been saying it from the first time I saw him play...he is going to be a great PG for us in time. He has the tools and the heart. Once he develops, look out. Woody just needs to give him the minutes. Too many people want to write him off so early.

I just love Law's leadership. It was the only thing that makes his selection over Critt acceptable to me. This team needs leadership and eventually I think Law can provide the lay that goes with it. Let's hope at least.

W

Quote:

...He has the tools and the heart. Once he develops, look out...

Heart may be the key DM. I haven't been Acie's biggest fan but I do think he is a very determined individual. You can tell that by the way he carries himself. Deep down I don't think failure is an option for Acie.

I pretty much agree B. We are definitey thin in the paint as far as guys who can get up and down the court. Zaza and Shelden seem to be more of 1/2 court-type players.

I think we also need a bedrock-type shooter...meaning a guy who you can count on 8 times out of 10 to not go 1 for 10 from the field...especially on the road. We aren't going to shoot 57% every night.

Yes, I really think Acie is gonna be a heck of a point guard for the Hawks. He just needs to continue to get good playing time so he can develop. We are all a little too anxious on his development due to us needing a good point NOW in trying to make the playoffs. But the things I look for are natural ability and work ethic and leadership...He DEFINITELY has the natural talent (his quickness and defense are already great) and we know he has the leadership inside of him. It's hard to say about work ethic but he definitely says the right things.

Once he gets his shot down and gets into the flow/chemistry with the rest of the players, he will be special for us and this draft will go down as one of the best ever.

.....meanwhile back at the Shelden Williams ranch....

The thing I like most is that he seems to be learning from his earlier mistakes. I thought he missed a golden opportunity late in the Clippers game when we were on the comeback trail and we got the steal and he tried to go in for the layup and got his shot blocked. If he had looked to his right, Chillz, who is our best finisher around the basket, was right there for the easy layup/dunk after the D converged due to Law's penetration. In the NJ game, Law penetrated and rather than looking to finish, he looked to find Chillz, Marv, Smoove, Horford and others for open shots. He even passed up one shot that I thought was a sure layup to hit a wide open Marvin for about a 15 footer that Marvin nailed. Normally, I think giving up a layup attempt for a J is a bad move but Marv was on fire and Acie recognized that. I think he is realizing that finishing amongst the trees in the NBA is a LOT more difficult that it was in college and he is figuring out how to find his finishers. Good stuff!