• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

THE PERFECT CHOKE!!!

Admin

• Admin

great game, and not just because the Patriots lost. The giants played a great game, defense ruled the first half. Eli has really stepped up the 2nd half of this season. I hope this is a sign of things to come for him. The poor guy has been beaten down by fans and media for so long. He's certainly set expectations for himself for next season!

That play in the 4th where he shook off the tackle and made that pass is one of the greatest plays in SB history. That was serious man. Game on the line, surrounded, hands everywhere. He gets away, gets outside the pile and makes that pass, but the catch was just as good. wow..

18-1 = fail

Quote:

please, be a man and don't start in with your "they didn't deserve to be there". The giants were the better team, period. Nobody else deserved to be there, nobody else played good enough to win.

If they were the better team they wouldn't have been 10-6. It's more luck than anything. I wonder if they'll go they route of the Bears, Steelers, and Seahawks. Totally bomb the very next year after getting/winning the Super Bowl.

Like I said, if the one Patriot defender comes down with that INT all of this is flipped around. It's amazing how trendy sports fans can be. A few fluke plays don't change what the real story is. The Patriots drive that they got in for the TD was a drive... The Giants drive at the end involved alot of luck/fluke plays.

Of course I don't expect you to realize that. But I'm sure next year you will jumo on the underdog bandwagon of the trendy team for next years playoffs.

That play is right up there with the immaculate reception and the catch for greatest super bowl plays ever. I am stunned that he hung onto the ball and that was after Eli somehow escaped being sacked. One of the best things of last night though was seeing when Peyton jumped up and looked like a big brother excited for a little brother instead of looking like Peyton the football player.

We may have seen an end to the Patriots last night, depending on how the new spygate info gets handled. Good riddance too I say!!

Quote:

Belichick leaving the game w/ 1 second left. finish off the game. you can shake hands and go to the locker room LATER! stop being a sore loser!

That was classless!!!!!!!!!!! He's such a jerk.

Bottom line is the Giants DEFENSE got to Brady and disrupted his game. Unbelievable finish.

• Moderators

Quote:

great game, and not just because the Patriots lost. The giants played a great game, defense ruled the first half. Eli has really stepped up the 2nd half of this season. I hope this is a sign of things to come for him. The poor guy has been beaten down by fans and media for so long. He's certainly set expectations for himself for next season!

That play in the 4th where he shook off the tackle and made that pass is one of the greatest plays in SB history. That was serious man. Game on the line, surrounded, hands everywhere. He gets away, gets outside the pile and makes that pass, but the catch was just as good. wow..

18-1 = fail

I totally agree with all of this. That was a very good game to watch from the early defensive battle to the late scoring exchage. Very tense, very hard hitting, and the best super bowl since the Rams/Titans dramatic finish.

Quote:

Quote:

Belichick leaving the game w/ 1 second left. finish off the game. you can shake hands and go to the locker room LATER! stop being a sore loser!

Bottom line is the Giants DEFENSE got to Brady and disrupted his game. Unbelievable finish.

Well, the Giants defense do deserve credit because there is nothing lucky about what they did. That drive however was mostly luck on the offensive end. Eli escaping that is mostly luck because you don't see that often. That catch was somewhat luck to. On top of that, they were lucky the game did end at the start of the drive.

Going by Chillz logic, we might aswell not even watch any game other than the Super Bowl because whomever wins the SB must be the best team. Pretty silly logic when it's obvious how much LUCK there is in football.

The best team doesn't always win the championship. The problem is, that's the way it should be.

The Giants were playing their best at the right time. They were hot late in the year and in the playoffs. They started the season 0-2 and were very turnover prone during the regular season. When they got that under control they were a very strong team.

The Patriots weren't playing their best late in the season or during the playoffs. I am surprised that the point spread was as big as it was.

Great game

Quote:

The Giants were playing their best at the right time. They were hot late in the year and in the playoffs. They started the season 0-2 and were very turnover prone during the regular season. When they got that under control they were a very strong team.

The Patriots weren't playing their best late in the season or during the playoffs. I am surprised that the point spread was as big as it was.

Great game

Btw, where was all of this "heart" when Eli was crying about not wanting to play for the Chargers? I think the trendy NFL fans forgot about that.

But it's trendy. That's what alot of the Superbowl teams have been the last few years. The Bears come to mind. Tampa Bay, Ravens, Seahawks, Steelers and other teams have won/played in Super Bowls and followed up the next year by doing nothing basically.

The regular season shows who the best team is and not the playoffs. Any team can get hot for a 3 or 4 game stretch. It's much tougher to maintain winning over a full season when they're are so many games.

Quote:

It's much tougher to maintain winning over a full season when they're are so many games.

That argument holds water more in baseball where they play 162 games and the winning percentages are lower. In football they play only 16 games.

In football there aren't very many Super Bowl winners who could be considered flukes. Some teams win and then relax the next season (or lose key players/free agents) but i think very few people would consider the Giants, Steelers, Bucs etc to be flukes.

Quote:

That argument holds water more in baseball where they play 162 games and the winning percentages are lower. In football they play only 16 games.

In football there aren't very many Super Bowl winners who could be considered flukes. Some teams win and then relax the next season (or lose key players/free agents) but i think very few people would consider the Giants, Steelers, Bucs etc to be flukes.

When you win/go to the Super Bowl and you fail to even make the playoffs the next year that pretty much makes you a fluke. Really it never fails. The question is, which team will be the flavor of the month next year?

Even though I hate them, I just find teams like the Pats and Colts to be more impressive than a team like the Giants. I'm impressed by long term greatness and not flavor of the month teams.

Quote:

When you win/go to the Super Bowl and you fail to even make the playoffs the next year that pretty much makes you a fluke

No it doesn't. A lot of guys use a Super Bowl run to land big deals from other teams as free agents. Injuries also play a big role for every team every year. Football is a rough sport. You lose a couple of key free agents and have a few key injuries and it isn't the same team.

Quote:

Quote:

When you win/go to the Super Bowl and you fail to even make the playoffs the next year that pretty much makes you a fluke</blockquote><font class="post">

No it doesn't. A lot of guys use a Super Bowl run to land big deals from other teams as free agents. Injuries also play a big role for every team every year. Football is a rough sport. You lose a couple of key free agents and have a few key injuries and it isn't the same team.

[/indent]

Every team losses players. Philly had a really good run for a while and the Pats and Colts have both had good runs. Greatness doesn't just cover players obviously. Maybe what I'm saying is that there are actually just a few great teams.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well, the Giants defense do deserve credit because there is nothing lucky about what they did. That drive however was mostly luck on the offensive end. Eli escaping that is mostly luck because you don't see that often. That catch was somewhat luck to. On top of that, they were lucky the game did end at the start of the drive.

Going by Chillz logic, we might aswell not even watch any game other than the Super Bowl because whomever wins the SB must be the best team. Pretty silly logic when it's obvious how much LUCK there is in football.

The best team doesn't always win the championship. The problem is, that's the way it should be.

My thoughts on this are that the Patriots were obviously the best team over the course of the entire season. Perhaps if they played this game 7 time, he Pats win 5 of them.

However, the Giants were obviously the better team yesterday. They dominated the play for most of the game and the Patriots were actually the lucky ones that they weren't losing by more than 3 when they went on their last scoring drive in the closing minutes of the game.

The Giants were the better team on Super Bowl Sunday even though the Pats were the better team over the entire season. That is, of course, the reason they play the games.