• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Some tell me WTF Lue is doing in the game!

bumpyphish1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Have you watched the game tonight? Lue has been hitting his shots and we need his scoring tonight. Acie wasn't doing anything special tonight.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

No, tonight Lue played pretty well. No mistakes and he hit some shots.

Quote:

Have you watched the game tonight? Lue has been hitting his shots and we need his scoring tonight. Acie wasn't doing anything special tonight.

he played PG that's what he did and he didn't even get to finish the 1st quarter and sat the rest of the way.Lues shots don't mean a thing.

Quote:

Yup thats exactly how I feel as well. I usually cringe when I see him not in street clothes but he made a difference tonight.

I'm with you on this one. I usually trash T Lue for his incessant pounding and quick-to-chuck ability, but he was one of the main reasons we pulled away with a win tonight...

However, I hope this does NOT give Woodson great incentive to play T Lue 20 mins every game for the next several games at Acie's expense...

Quote:

You guys really must not realize what a liability he is on the Defensive end. And how can you justify not giving our future, Acie, more than 5 minutes after a 9 assist effort LAST GAME???

Lue almost helped us give this one away in the fourth.

Oh, I am one of the BIGGEST critics of Lue here, especially when it comes to his nonexistent Defense. Lue played well tonight given what he can do (and what he can't), but Acie STILL should have played more than the 5 mins.

Pretty soon, Acie is just going to have to be trusted to take the reigns when he gets good minutes. Let's hope Acie gets more than 15 mins against the Lakers...

Woody is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't then in your eyes because if he doesn't put Lue in we may not have won the game. He made a good adjustment going to Lue tonight just like he made a good adjustment NOT using Lue much against the Nets.

He has to be able to hit the outside shot though if they play off of him. If he is knocking down his outside shot he would be absolutely devastating but when he isn't and teams realize that they will sag off and collapse the paint and then we have real trouble scoring. That's why Lue made an impact tonight and allowed us to move the ball effectively in the half court.

Quote:

He has to be able to hit the outside shot though if they play off of him. If he is knocking down his outside shot he would be absolutely devastating but when he isn't and teams realize that they will sag off and collapse the paint and then we have real trouble scoring. That's why Lue made an impact tonight and allowed us to move the ball effectively in the half court.

I know. That is why I started to say that if Acie came in and routinely knocked down open shots and layups when opportunities presented themselves, we likely wouldnt be having this discussion; and thus, there would be no need for this thread.

But, the fact of the matter is, Acie's shots have not been falling yet (they will soon enough) and he still doesnt really take a whole lot of shots. So when he DOES come in, there really is no offensive upgrade (yet).

Thus, Lue gets the burn tonight.

and that is what is maddening is that the kid can shoot and it just drives me nuts when he doesn't knock them down when he is wide open like he was in the 2nd when he bricked that 3. I really feel like he has JT scoring ability from the PG position and if that day ever comes with his ability to defend and break down his man off the dribble watch out!

Quote:

Woody is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't then in your eyes because if he doesn't put Lue in we may not have won the game. He made a good adjustment going to Lue tonight just like he made a good adjustment NOT using Lue much against the Nets.

You're kidding yourself if you think Lue helped us win this game. We are lucky that he didn't help us lose this game.