• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Question?

Guest Walter

What if we could fill two needs and "replace" JS role with another player, would you trade JS?

Hinrich, Tyrus Thomas, and Sefolosha for JS? Just curious. We'd get a BU Sg, a Pg, and Thomas would supposedly be used for JS role.

W

• Moderators

I don't trade JS for anything realistically.

You look at other teams and think : I wish we could get:

Dwight Howard, CP, Deron, Roy etc., but you realize these teams aren't going to give up these guys. Smoove is our guy who everyone covets but is the centerpiece of our team. Obviously if we could trade him for a marquee player it would be different but for what we'd be offered I wouldn't do it.

With Ford back and all send Childress, Law, ZaZa for Moon (or Parker...Toronto's choice), Calderon, Rasho.

We finally are assured we get a top notch Pg and fill Childress' role more inexpensively.

Toronto gets what will be a FAR less expensive BU Pg, solidifies that Sf slot, and gets a center that will fit better , more cheaply in their system.

W

Its a good question.

My perspective:

Josh Smith is a very secial player at 22. One of a kind really. He has taken the "AK47 game" to a whole other level that no one has done before. 9 blocks and 9 assist in one game, I'd venture to say that has never been done. Not to mention every one of those blocks were needed to preserve a come from behind win. He has done nothing but improve in the NBA. Not exactly the type of guy you look to get rid of.

I think Smith is too special to trade away for such a gamble, when you consider Thomas has not really proven anything. He is shooting 38% as a PF for the season. In other words..... all he can do offensively is dunk.

Thomas is having a awful year and Hinrich is having the worst season of is career. Mean while Smith is having a career year. Why trade a stock on the rise for 2 stocks that are falling ?

I am all for Hinrich......but not for Smith.

I'm just not crazy for Tyrus Thomas at all. He was stuck up and had ego issues at LSU that still haunt him today.

Quote:

With Ford back and all send Childress, Law, ZaZa for Moon (or Parker...Toronto's choice), Calderon, Rasho.

We finally are assured we get a top notch Pg and fill Childress' role more inexpensively.

Toronto gets what will be a FAR less expensive BU Pg, solidifies that Sf slot, and gets a center that will fit better , more cheaply in their system.

W

Dude, Calderon is going no where. He should have been an allstar over JJ or Ray Allen this year.

Ford = Mr. Glass fom "Unbreakable."

• Premium Member

Quote:

What if we could fill two needs and "replace" JS role with another player, would you trade JS?

Hinrich, Tyrus Thomas, and Sefolosha for JS? Just curious. We'd get a BU Sg, a Pg, and Thomas would supposedly be used for JS role.

W

That's just the thing, Tyrus doesn't replace Smith at ALL. He's a much worse ballhandler/shooter, worse shotblocker, can't finish inside at ALL unless its a dunk, and just constantly makes alot of mistakes. Yeah he's similar in terms of his athleticism/build to JS, but he is nothing like the player JS is.

Hinrich isn't a PG, Bulls fans have been saying that for years. Hinrich has absolutely sucked this year and most people consider him overpaid. Just not worth it, IMO.

I would consider trading Smoove for another marquee player who played PG or Center but the reality is that no team is going to trade a Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Dwight Howard or Amare Stoudamire for Smoove.

I don't care if Hinrich is BYC or not, no way would I trade Smoove for him, Tyrus Thomas and Sefolosha. Tyrus Thomas is only 8 months younger than Smoove but he is not even close to being the player Smoove is. Hinrich is a decent player but he is FAR from being a great PG. I'd take a Law/Smoove combo over a Hinrich/Thomas combo all day. Sefolosha is irrelevant because Marv, Chillz and JJ have those minutes on lockdown.

I could see trading Chillz in a package for Calderon but I don't think TOR does it even with Ford back. If anything, I think they look to see if TJ can stay healthy for the rest of the season so that they can trade HIM in the off season. I can't imagine that they will let Calderon get away. He is their 2nd best player. Hell, at this point, I'd trade Bargnani before I would trade Calderon at this point.

Quote:

Its a good question.

My perspective:

Josh Smith is a very secial player at 22. One of a kind really. He has taken the "AK47 game" to a whole other level that no one has done before. 9 blocks and 9 assist in one game, I'd venture to say that has never been done. Not to mention every one of those blocks were needed to preserve a come from behind win. He has done nothing but improve in the NBA. Not exactly the type of guy you look to get rid of.

I think Smith is too special to trade away for such a gamble, when you consider Thomas has not really proven anything. He is shooting 38% as a PF for the season. In other words..... all he can do offensively is dunk.

Thomas is having a awful year and Hinrich is having the worst season of is career. Mean while Smith is having a career year. Why trade a stock on the rise for 2 stocks that are falling ?

I am all for Hinrich......but not for Smith.

I'm just not crazy for Tyrus Thomas at all. He was stuck up and had ego issues at LSU that still haunt him today.

Tyrus Thomas could very well be the next Stromile Swift. No way you do a deal involving both he and Hinrich . . or any other Bull, in exchange for Josh Smith.

As for Smoove's performance never being done before . . Kirilenko had a game last year in which he scored 15 points, 11 rebounds, 8 blocks, 8 assists vs Minnesota. Still, what Smoove did last night was truly special, because his blocks seem to come all at once. Most important, those blocks sparked easy running opportunities for Chill to score quickly on the other end.

The only think I worry about the Hawks sometimes, is if some of those guys are leaking out a little too fast, instead of going for defensive rebounds. Because if that's the case, I see why they give up so many offensive rebounds at times.

I need to look at that a little closer in the next game I get to see . . which will be Cleveland on Friday.

• Moderators

Quote:

W

I would definitely do that deal if Calderon agreed to sign an extension with Atlanta.

Quote:

Quote:

W

I would definitely do that deal if Calderon agreed to sign an extension with Atlanta.

BTW, it is a "successful" trade proposal, meaning it meets the CBA requirements.