• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks need to file a petition

WraithSentinel

• Moderators

I seriously doubt they would let Marion play. How would that be handled? Would he inherit Shaq's 5 fouls? There are just WAY too many problems with this. The NBA should have scheduled this replay quickly to prevent either team from making significant personnel moves before it was replayed. I don't see any way they let Marion play in this one since he wasn't even on the roster when the original game was played.

Quote:

It is looking like Shaq is gone to the Suns now. Hawks need to file a petition to get that victory counted seeing as how Shaq is no longer on the team. He is the main reason that crap happen.

I doubt the game will resume. Shaq is not their and He was the reason to resume. Game over.

• Moderators

Quote:

Who in their right mind would have ever thought that Shaq would be traded????? I doubt it comes out in our favor?

Why did it have to be Shaq?

What if we traded Chills or Miami traded Jason Williams, etc. etc.

If the idea was to restore the status quo to the game at the time the scorers incorrectly ruled that Shaq had fouled out, any change in the rosters would change the game. They needed to do that quickly to avoid this very issue.

I cannot imagine that Banks or Marion will be allowed to play, though. Neither was eligible to play on the night of the original game.

• Moderators

Quote:

One thing is for sure...we will get screwed. The whole replay is a screwjob in the first place.

I bet we win the game and it is doesn't hurt us in the long run. It is annoying, though, that this very unusual stance by the league ends up putting our win at risk. Like you, I am not surprised that this happened to the Hawks. I just think we will pull it out in the end - especially since I believe Miami will be in full tank mode at that point in the season.