• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Billy Knight has to answer!!!!

oiatlhawksfan

Quote:

Gasol traded, Miami getting Marion! Billy Knight has to do something big, and that's getting Jason Kidd here!

You need to give up that pipe dream.Kidd wants to go to a championship caliber team.

If he was trade to Atlanta, i dought that he was even report to the Hawks.

• Moderators

Quote:

Answer to what? That Heat trade was bad on both sides. I really don't understand it for either team.

What is not to like for Miami? They aren't going to win anything with Shaq and they get a good young player in Marion OR cap room if Marion opts out of his contract. Either one of those outcomes is better than having Shaq at this point in his career.

I agree 100% on this. Miami traded an injured old big man for a young all star who does almost everything well. Its possible Marion opts out but its also possible he likes the city of Miami and likes the idea of playing with Wade. I highly doubt Shaq gives Phoenix anything close to what they need but he sure as hell wasnt giving Miami ANYTHING. I looked at Shaq as a cross to bear for them as the price to pay for that championship. I figured they would pray for him to retire because they couldnt make any improvments until he did. Now not only is that albetross GONE, they got a young all star as well. This is a great trade for the Heat, I cant believe anyone would see it otherwise.

I just think Marion doesn't help them much. He benefits a lot from playing in Phoenix. I remember everyone saying how much better they were with Ricky Davis as well...look how that turned out. Davis brings nothing but losing. I think Marion might not either. Just my opinion.

• Moderators

Quote:

I just think Marion doesn't help them much. He benefits a lot from playing in Phoenix. I remember everyone saying how much better they were with Ricky Davis as well...look how that turned out. Davis brings nothing but losing. I think Marion might not either. Just my opinion.

Davis stinks. I totally agree with you there. He is a selfish cancer. I don't know how you lump Marion in with him, though.

I just don't see a scenario where Marion gives less than what they were getting from Shaq. Moreover, Banks is actually a positive for them as well. He is a young PG who they wanted to trade for all year.

I just remember Marion stating he would like to be a star on another team than just another piece in Phoenix. I forget where I read that...I will have to look it up. But my gut tells me that if you demand a trade (when he did do that, not this year) out of the best offense in the NBA, your attitude might be out of whack.

• Moderators

Quote:

But my gut tells me that if you demand a trade (when he did do that, not this year) out of the best offense in the NBA, your attitude might be out of whack.

I assume you are basing that on Joe Johnson? wink.gif

Quote:

Quote:

But my gut tells me that if you demand a trade (when he did do that, not this year) out of the best offense in the NBA, your attitude might be out of whack.

Touche! Actually, did JJ really "demand" a trade?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Touche! Actually, did JJ really "demand" a trade?

Not exactly. He just told the Suns not to match the Hawks offer.

Hey there is always a slight possibility that Shaq has some kind of resurgence in the playoffs and helps Phoenix make one last great run. In Miami though Shaq was taking up space on the court and the cap. Even if all Miami winds up with is cap space to throw at some young up and coming star like Smoove it is a lot better than what they had in a 35 year old injury prone player. I dont think it will be hard for Miami to get a young player to sign an offer sheet. Miami is well Miami and players love that city for obvious reasons. From a bball perspective its also not bad. They have won a championship recently, they have proven they are willing to go for it when they have a chance. They went after it when they aquired Shaq and they still have Wade.

Quote:

Quote:

Answer to what? That Heat trade was bad on both sides. I really don't understand it for either team.

What is not to like for Miami? They aren't going to win anything with Shaq and they get a good young player in Marion OR cap room if Marion opts out of his contract. Either one of those outcomes is better than having Shaq at this point in his career.

Bad trade cause they now won't be in the running for Derrick Rose or Micahel Beasley.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bad trade cause they now won't be in the running for Derrick Rose or Micahel Beasley.

I don't know about that. They are going to have a frontcourt starting Haslem and Blount without much depth behind those guys. I think they will be right in the running with Seattle, Memphis and favorite Minnesota.