• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Would you trade Marvin/filler for AK47?

Admin

AK47 has been rumored to be available since last season and is said to be hoping for a trade. He is a beast defensively and I can just imagine how good our defense would be with he and Smoove and Horford anchoring the front court. Talk about a block party! He also addresses our need for a little more experience and believe it or not he is a pretty solid 3pt shooter who takes a great deal more than Marvin does.

Marvin would be a really good fit in Utah and it would be great for his career because he would get to play for one of the best coaches in league history and play with a young team but veteran enough that they could absorb his remaining learning curve.

We would need to include TLue (I know that breaks everyones hearts) as well as Lo but that trade works on the ESPN Trade Machine and I think it would be a great deal for both teams.

I don't know I think they could work very well together. Having 2 of the best shot blocking wings in the history of the league on the floor together would at least make it interesting. The one thing it gives us is another veteran player with playoff experience that can actually contribute and regardless of the reason that he is able to make shots, he is able to make shots and he would improve our basketball IQ immediately just because of the maturity that he would have over our young guys.

Quote:

I don't know I think they could work very well together. Having 2 of the best shot blocking wings in the history of the league on the floor together would at least make it interesting. The one thing it gives us is another veteran player with playoff experience that can actually contribute and regardless of the reason that he is able to make shots, he is able to make shots and he would improve our basketball IQ immediately just because of the maturity that he would have over our young guys.

It would work on NBA Live. But is it practical in the NBA?

The Bulls were enticed with getting all these defenders but if you can't score, it creates problems.

His experience and basketball IQ are great but if we don't have spacing on the floor, that's a problem.

Once again, he's barely more efficient than Marvin and 5 years older.

Don't give up on Marvin after one bad game.

I haven't given up on Marvin by any means, but I do realize that he is probably the most likely of our starters to be traded and has a lot of value. Maybe we won't make a trade but I can definitely see it happening and I really don't see Horford, Smoove, or JJ being traded. Maybe it will be Childress who is traded but who would he be moved for, another bench player? If not a bench player then a starter who sends Horford, Smoove, or Marvin to the bench? Unless the plan is to stand pat or make minor moves I really don't see this group staying together without one of them being traded.

Quote:

I haven't given up on Marvin by any means, but I do realize that he is probably the most likely of our starters to be traded and has a lot of value. Maybe we won't make a trade but I can definitely see it happening and I really don't see Horford, Smoove, or JJ being traded. Maybe it will be Childress who is traded but who would he be moved for, another bench player? If not a bench player then a starter who sends Horford, Smoove, or Marvin to the bench? Unless the plan is to stand pat or make minor moves I really don't see this group staying together without one of them being traded.

But for what reason can't this core stay together?

Marvin is a guy who will progress but he won't exactly demand max money. Why can't we afford him?

By the time we have to pay Horford the cap may have gone up to the point where we can afford him as well.

I don't know that we can't keep this core together, but I do know that we can't keep this core together and add a better than average player because for one we won't have the money for it and two we won't be able to acquire that player without giving up someone from our core. I just think that Marvin is the most likely to go if we make a move, not that I want them to trade him.

• Admin

I just don't see this answering a need. He is a very simular player to Smith and we are trading away a jump shooter for him.

Our needs are a 3 point shooter (really just a backup sg), a post player and a point guard.

AK is a quality player don't get me wrong but is not really right for this team. Marvin is really our best scorer/shooter after JJ and if we are moving him (which I don't really want to do) it has to be for one of the things that answer our needs.

Quote:

I just don't see this answering a need. He is a very simular player to Smith and we are trading away a jump shooter for him.

Our needs are a 3 point shooter (really just a backup sg), a post player and a point guard.

AK is a quality player don't get me wrong but is not really right for this team. Marvin is really our best scorer/shooter after JJ and if we are moving him (which I don't really want to do) it has to be for one of the things that answer our needs.

Ditto!!!

Quote:

Totally agree.

On a different note, I looked at the player profiles in this thread, and JJ is 12 pounds heavier but 2 inches shorter than the SF/PF tweener that is AK47. Some on here have suggested that JJ could lose a few pounds (he does play SG after all) so it will be easier on him (his legs, knees, movement, speed). SO...

Is AK47 just that skinny or is JJ just too "heavy"?

• Premium Member

Quote:

But you would trade for Mike Miller and make our defense worse by moving JJ to SF where he would be a tweener then? That makes no sense. At least this move keeps our guys in the positions that they should be playing in.

Being that you feel that Miller doesn't play good defense, then JJ can defend SGs and Miller Sfs..

You see Dol... you have some weak excuses for why you don't want this team to be better.

We can't take on AK's 13 million and kept Smoove.

Whereas a 3.5 million dollar hit won't hurt us so much.