• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Lots of Questions To Be Answered Tonite vs Cavs

JackB1

This should be another good one tonite at Philips. We are catching another team on the back end of a back to back and

our young legs should be able to outrun them. We have a tough road schedule coming up and we need every home win we can get right now.

1) Can we follow a big, emotional win with another?

2) Will we continue to play well at home?

3) Who will be our "got to" PG tonite?

4) Will Acie get back on the floor?

5) Will Marvin bounce back?

6) Will Smoove and Horf continue to shine?

7) Will Zaza continue to backup Al or will Sheldon, Lo or Solo get any time?

8) Is Joe back for good or did he just get up to play against Kobe?

GO HAWKS!!!!

Most importantly...can JJ have another 10/20 shooting night or better?

Fairly confident JS and Horford will continue to shine and that as long as AJ and T-Lue are healthy they will be the 1/2 PGs.

Another big question: Will Mario get to play more than a minute? Enquiring minds want to know! tongue.gif

I just noticed Varejao and D. Gooden missed last nites Cavs game and Boobie left the game with a sprained hamstring. Any word on whether these guys will be available tonite? I guess, as long a LeBron is playing his supporting cast is not that important anyway.

Nothing will be answered tonight.

Cavs are severly short handed and banged up - Verajao, Pavlo, Gibson, Gooden.

Horford should get 15+ rebounds. May be even break his record from the last game. If Horford doesn't take Yao & Illgauskus out for dribble penetration he will never do it to anybody.

They are tired after flying in well past midnight after the nationally televised game last night.

A lose would be devastating.

We are not beating Houston on Saturday which makes tomorrow's game doubly important.

If there was a team ready to be run out of the building its the Cavs tonight. Two of their top three bigs are hurt, their PG is hobbled, the second night of road B2Bs. The Hawks need to run CONSTANTLY to get the legs out of the Cavs. Woody can circulate his bench in to keep the guys fresh.

Law should get some minutes at SG to help his offense

Get Solo on the court to just run Marshall and Big Z running up and down the court.

Get Salim into the game to wear out their PGs

Rotate Marvin, Smith and JJ on LeBron to wear the kid down by the 4th.

Then sit back and watch the fun

munching_out.gif

Once again, this is the type of game in which Lue could potentially see decent minutes over Acie. Lebron is essentially Cleveland's PG. A guy like Daniel Gibson plays the role of spot up shooter, although he can take you off the dribble. Damon Jones is another spot shooter. It's the type of game that Lue hs to worry more about his defensive rotations to the shooters, than people taking him off the dribble.

This is about Woody playing the people that will BEST help us win tonight, not about playing everyone's "favorite player of the week".

If Acie or Mario play, and make nice contributions, then good. If they don't play, and we still win, that's also good.

• Moderators

Quote:

Cavs are severly short handed and banged up

I want to know if we can bring OUR game rather than playing at the level of our opposition. There are too many times we play junk teams or teams with major injuries and play down to their level. They can answer my question about whether they are showing signs of maturing beyond that tonight.

Golden State lost last night to a Chicago team missing its 3 best players, so I am very worried tonight.

I am, however, attending this game (in a 5th row seat), and the Hawks play well when i go, so I expect a close or semi-close victory and some jerseys coming into the stands afterwards bannana_guitar.gif

Quote:

If there was a team ready to be run out of the building its the Cavs tonight. Two of their top three bigs are hurt, their PG is hobbled, the second night of road B2Bs....

Agreed Fros...that's why I'm worried that we will come out slow and overconfident, pick up some dumb fouls, we miss threes/they hit threes...and end up with a down-to-the-wire nail-biter.

Hope not but??? snail.gif

I'm with you DJ. This is trap game if there ever was one for this team this year. We have blown so many of these gimmie games its infuriating. If we are going to be off and running, one of Smith, Marvin or Horford is going to have to come out running from the start. When one of those guys is hot, the rest of the team seems to follow.

However, if JJ's hot, then the team just defers. JJ then sits to rest, and like that no more 20 point lead...

Honestly these are the types of games we lose.

We should run Cleveland out of the gym with uptempo basketball and take advantage of their tired legs and banged up team as already suggested.

But I can see us letting them control the tempo and us playing poorly.

It would be nice to secure this one creating a legit winning streak and giving us momentum on the road vs Houston.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Cavs are severly short handed and banged up

I want to know if we can bring OUR game rather than playing at the level of our opposition. There are too many times we play junk teams or teams with major injuries and play down to their level. They can answer my question about whether they are showing signs of maturing beyond that tonight.

Not looking good so far.