• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Mike Miller for Marvin Williams?

WraithSentinel

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I would do this trade, Miller is a better version of Marvin and also has great 3pt range. He's a better passer, rebounder, shoots 50% FG and has shot 40+% from 3 for the last three years. This trade would definitely improve us.

Marvin Williams is 6 years younger with considerable more upside

Marvin will be lucky to ever average those percentages. At this point there Marvin does nothing better than Miller, and Miller is only 27. It's pretty obvious watching Marvin that he doesn't have a TON of potential, he'll never be a great finisher in traffic, he doesn't have the ball handling, quickness, or body control to do it. I'd rather just get Miller who is a better version of the shooting Marvin.

I'd do the trade; if its for Childress/expirings, I'd do it even sooner. Miller is only 27 and have lots on tread left on the tires if you will. Besides, he's a better shooter, passer, and rebounder than Marvin is and possibly ever will be; and shooting is something this team desperately needs now.

But we all know that trading Marvin would mean that BK would be admitting to guessing wrong with the 2nd pick of the 2005 draft (cough cough Chris Paul, cough Deron Williams banghead.gif). C'mon, folks, we ALL know that's not happening anytime soon.

Playing the same as last year? Maybe that's the type of playere he is. Bruce Bowen isn't asked to mold into an offensive threat and Mike Miller isn't a defensive stopper after many years in the league. Over last season: Marvin is rebounding much better, taking people to the hole off the dribble and passing much better. To say his game isn't changing is just a negative attitude. Kobe, LeBron, DWade... none of their games "changed" in the league; they just improved, which is exactly what Marvin is doing.

Quote:

There is no rumor going around about it. It would take someone such as Marvin to get him away from the Grizz more than likely. Of course I would offer the expiring and a future 1st just to see if the bite. If not then use Marvin as the center piece.

Seeing as we need a 3pt threat and just outside shooting in general. Mike Miller might be traded. I would seriously consider trading Marvin along with expirings. It is a deal worth considering.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=558

Just looking over Miller stats. He is not another Jason Kapono. I am not sure how his defense is. He rebounds and it appears he is good passer. This on top of shooting the ball with a high % and being a lethal 3pt threat. He has two years left on his contract after this at about $9 Mil per. Well worth it that price.

Memphis has zero use for Marvin. Rudy Gay is better.

Quote:

Memphis has zero use for Marvin. Rudy Gay is better.

I believe that is partially accurate.

I believe Miller is had without Marvin. I believe Zaza, Law, our #2 and expirings( Speedy's Contract and Lorenzen) can net Miller and Javaris.

If sucessful send Marvin with Salim to Seattle for Petro and Wally.

Lineup:

AJ/Lue/Javaris

JJ/Wally

Miller/Chillz

Josh/Shelden

Horford/Petro

We could use:

Petro

Horford

JSmith

JJ

AJ

But Petro, Miller and Wally gets us Bigger and serious at the perimeter.

I agree that if you are going to trade for Mike Miller, Marvin should be the one involved, not Chillz. Miller and Marvin's skill sets overlap much more than Childress and Miller's would. I think maybe you try to get more than just Mike Miller for Marvin (try to get Lowrey somehow by throwing in Shelden, Solo, Salim, Lue or whoever), but if I'm getting Mike Miller, I think Marvin becomes expendable.

Quote:

Wally is a great shooter but makes $12 million next year.....he isn't worth that.

I have questions.

1) How much of Wally's money guaranteed?

2) If a player(Wally) signs an extention can the present contract be altered? For instance, if the Hawks offer Wally a two-year extention for 8 mil. Can that 8 be wrapped with the 12 due and redistribute the money over the life of the then-three years of the deal (including the extention)?

Memphis just gave up Gasol for a secret decoder ring and the 14th pick in the arena football league draft. all they were looking for was for expirings and small contracts (picks).

So I would think that to get Miller, it would not require giving up Marvin OR Childress. Especially since it doesnt seem that SF would be a great need for them. Personally I think popping some expirings and maybe Shelden could do it and it would make a heck of a lot of sense for the Hawks with Miller's skill set.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I would do this trade, Miller is a better version of Marvin and also has great 3pt range. He's a better passer, rebounder, shoots 50% FG and has shot 40+% from 3 for the last three years. This trade would definitely improve us.

Marvin Williams is 6 years younger with considerable more upside

I agree with you. And if it weren't for our total joke of an ownership group, I would never touch this trade. HOWEVER, considering how dirt cheap our ownership group is it is clear that we will not be able to keep Marvin, Josh, Horford, AND JJ when the time comes to resign, I have to admit I don't dislike the sound of it. Miller would be PERFECT for us... it truly is a tempting prospect.. at least IMO.

Quote:

Quote:

Wally is a great shooter but makes $12 million next year.....he isn't worth that.

I have questions.

1) How much of Wally's money guaranteed?

2) If a player(Wally) signs an extention can the present contract be altered? For instance, if the Hawks offer Wally a two-year extention for 8 mil. Can that 8 be wrapped with the 12 due and redistribute the money over the life of the then-three years of the deal (including the extention)?

I doubt that is possible. I have known Chipper Jones and guys in baseball to do this stuff but I don't know if its possible in basketball.