• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

TRADE T-LUE

bumpyphish1

...because that's the only way he will get out of Woody's playing rotation! T-Lue must give Woody blow jobs or something!

T-Lue playing:

-Slows us down, less fast break running, etc.

-Kills us on defense because he couldn't stop me right now.

-Bogs down our half court O by dribbling out the shot clock.

-Takes minutes away from Acie Law, our future, who's defense at the very least, is light years better than Acie's.

Oh yeah, and he makes a [censored] here and there - where were they tonight? So what! This guy is bad for the team. It's plain as day. Woody should be fired for playing this guy alone.

Someone please tell me that we are only playing him because we are displaying him because we will trade him.

Its funny but since I have league pass I have to watch the other teams telecast ALOT. Almost every opponets announcing team talks about how they hate seeing Tlue and HOW TLUE always kills their particular squad. Come to think of it when he was with the Wizards he always killed us. Im not sticking up for him IM just stating facts.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Almost every opponets announcing team talks about how they hate seeing Tlue

Hahaha... They also act like Tito Horford was relevant and say things like "Josh Smith has an attitude problem". Half of the other teams telecasters are a freaking joke and just read out a script that they get from their stats crew.

Isn't it a tad curious that EVERYTHING every away telecaster crew says about us is the same verbatim?

Quote:

He is easily one of BK's and Woody's favorite players... No way in heck he goes anywhere. (Unless we drop to like 10 games under)

The Hawks are really between a rock and a hard place PG-wise IMO. AJ-TLue-Acie...none are currently starter level PGs. All have a strength or two - but all have weaknesses. To be fair we also have to realize that Woody is simply going to try his best to win games now. He can't afford not to. As much as I dislike Woody's coaching - he really has been dealt a bad hand.

AJ - decent all around - not fast enough against many opposing PGs - doesn't run the break well.

TLue - can shoot some nights - bad D - pounds ball - can't run the break.

Acie - better defensively than the other two - can't shoot a lick - poor court awareness (dribbles out clock too often).

We need a "Mad Scientist" who can take the three of them into the lab - combine their strengths - and make one that really works. Realistically, what we REALLY need is another - better - PG. Fat chance eh? ASG? evil.gif

Quote:

Quote:

He is easily one of BK's and Woody's favorite players... No way in heck he goes anywhere. (Unless we drop to like 10 games under)

The Hawks are really between a rock and a hard place PG-wise IMO. AJ-TLue-Acie...none are currently starter level PGs. All have a strength or two - but all have weaknesses. To be fair we also have to realize that Woody is simply going to try his best to win games now. He can't afford not to. As much as I dislike Woody's coaching - he really has been dealt a bad hand.

AJ - decent all around - not fast enough against many opposing PGs - doesn't run the break well.

Acie - better defensively than the other two - can't shoot a lick - poor court awareness (dribbles out clock too often).

We need a "Mad Scientist" who can take the three of them into the lab - combine their strengths - and make one that really works. Realistically, what we REALLY need is another - better - PG. Fat chance eh? ASG? evil.gif

there's a difference from your shot being off as a rookie getting no playing time and not being able to shoot a lick period.and I usually don't blame guys when they dribble too much because there's nowhere to go,everyone on offense just stands around or walks around the 3 point line,no organization.Looks like the Falcons offense under Greg Knapp,so I don't know how that makes u think he has poor court awareness,especially not lately,Acie has improved alot.Our team has been best when Acie has started,it's just that when he did,Lue still got more minutes and he sucked.Look at the portland game,Acie even knocked down that 3 along with playing great all around but Woody plays Lue the rest of the way and we give up a big lead.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

there's a difference from your shot being off as a rookie getting no playing time and not being able to shoot a lick period.and I usually don't blame guys when they dribble too much because there's nowhere to go,everyone on offense just stands around or walks around the 3 point line,no organization.Looks like the Falcons offense under Greg Knapp,so I don't know how that makes u think he has poor court awareness,especially not lately,Acie has improved alot.Our team has been best when Acie has started,it's just that when he did,Lue still got more minutes and he sucked.Look at the portland game,Acie even knocked down that 3 along with playing great all around but Woody plays Lue the rest of the way and we give up a big lead.

You have to understand CW...I am not personally invested as a fan into any of our PG "hopefuls". Therefore I look at performance...period. The PG position is a serious weak spot for the Hawks. Acie may be a nice PG in a year or two (or three or never)...bottom line is - we need one NOW.

He's not THAT good either. Just like our other PGs.

Each has their strengths and weaknesses. All three

have something we all want in a PG.

Anthony Johnson: Strongest, biggest of the three and

the best distributor of the three. Can score some and

hits from the three occasionally. Not really quick.

Tyron Lue: Quicker than AJ. Much more likely to hit

the outside three. Wants to set up a play and will

pound the ball and wait for everyone to get in position

before he will move. This is part of Woody's offensive

plan, I guess, and therefore his favorite. Health has

greatly improved and he's better than earlier in the

season. His greatest weakness is on defense.

Acie Law IV: Quickest of the three. Most likely of

the three to drive and dish. Can't get his shot to fall.

Lack of NBA experience his greatest liability and this

can only be cured by Woody, who refuses to use him.

Still draws a lot of "rookie" fouls because of this.

Desperately needs more playing time. Still waiting for

that game when he has a hot hand and explodes offensively.

Hard to do this from the bench. Still makes rookie

mistakes on defense. Here again, lack of playing time.

The three combined are what we need in a PG. The problem

is. They each bring something we need but they bring

it in three different players. Size: AJ / Speed: Acie /

Scoring: T. Lue - - - Our ideal PG!!

----------------------------------------------

T-Lue can be valuable in short stints when you need big buckets or you need to protect the ball against a press. But if you're going to play him, I think he should bring the ball up then give it up immediately. Post Joe up or set up some situation like that where a double team might come and you can use Lue to knock down the open 3. In short, we should use him more like the Cavs use Jones, or the Bulls used Paxson / BJ Armstrong. Of course that would require a strategy.

What you don't want is him pounding it for 15 seconds which he does when you give him the option to.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You have to understand CW...I am not personally invested as a fan into any of our PG "hopefuls". Therefore I look at performance...period. The PG position is a serious weak spot for the Hawks. Acie may be a nice PG in a year or two (or three or never)...bottom line is - we need one NOW.

I agree with that.I honestly think he gives us the best chance now also.Do u remember the games he started?he's almost a totally different player and lately he's started becoming a very good bench player then Woody benches him.Do u think he's had a bad game lately?I don't,he's been setting up his teammates and keeping hos turnovers down.Yes he hasn't been scoring,I agree with that.I think he'll start scoring if he gets more minutes every night.

One of our biggest problems is - we need a shooter (or two). I can't really fault BK for the Acie draft pick because we all thought that he would be a "shoot first" type of guy - who would have to learn how to distribute better with guys like JJ/JS on his team. Who knew??? certainly not me...that the fella couldn't shoot in the NBA??? You hit game winners in college - we expect you to hit an average amount (at least) of jumpers in the NBA. It's happened before - you take the guy away from going against the Iowa State "coaches kid" PG and put him against TJ Ford and he gets his ass kicked....loses confidence...coach loses confidence in him ..etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. nurse.gif

P.S. My son made an "up-the-middle" 45 yard run last night against Campbell HS - Smyrna GA..while I was missing the Hawks game (outside the perimeter)...scored a try all alone - even the fast fuckers couldn't catch him (or maybe didn't really want to) thumb3d.gif

It's painfully obvious to me that we aren't going anywhere with T Lue playing more than 30 mins per game. Doesn't anyone remember our winning streak in Dec where AJ played the majority of the mins and Acie rested him now an then? I would much rather see AJ get 30-35 mins, with Acie and Mario spelling him. At least with Mario, you get energy and defense. Lue is SO LIMITED in what he can do....he can't drive because he's too small....he doesn't have vison and can't make that quick pass to get an assist. His ONLY asset is that he can hit a 3 every now and then. To me, that doesn't make him deserve any more than 5 mins per game.

C'Mon Woody!!!! Get a Clue!!!!!