• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Back-to-back games? Opportunity for Salim, Mario?

HAWKS1986

The Hawks are playing back-to-back games, but it shouldn't be as big as of a burden..

Acie, Mario West, Salim, Solo and Shelden didn't play a whole lot of minutes last night vs. Cleveland and should be ready to play extended minutes against Houston.

I would like to see Chillz minutes REDUCED and Salim's minutes increased. I would like to see Lue's minutes REDUCED and Mario West's minutes increased. I would like to see ZaZa's minutes REDUCED and see Solo's minutes increased.

I don't want hear the excuses about being a tired team on a back to back..this team should be able to compete..

Coach Woodson need to show some foresight and get these 'other' guys involved-- early and often..

• Premium Member

Quote:

Honestly...and this is sad...I think that the BK/Woody team is afraid of playing Mario any real minutes.
munching_out.gif

Mario and Salim are the two guys that can have a very positive impact when they are on the floor. Mario is the BEST one on one defender on this team and Salim is instant offense off the bench. I don't know why Woody has shortened the rotation up as much as he has. Mario hasn't even screwed up enough to get in the doghouse, in fact, Woody always seems to sing his praises. Salim has some contentious history with Woody, but the last story I read about him stated that he's been working hard in practice and has been a model teammate. I refuse to believe that we have "given up" on these two guys when they both actually contribute when on the floor. I mean how many chances did we give Cedric Bozeman and Matt Frieje? confused.gif

Quote:

Honestly...and this is sad...I think that the BK/Woody team is afraid of playing Mario any real minutes.
munching_out.gif

I just remember when Mario hit two FTs in an Atlanta win this past December vs. Washington during that winning streak, and Woodson gave Mario a BIG HUG (this is when Chillz was out and Lue as well)... I thought that was so UNUSUAL..it was like they just won a championship or something....However,after that, West has been in the 'doghouse'...

I haven't seen West make any horrible mistakes and he always give great effort..I know West isn't a great shooter, but he should be playing at least 15 minutes a night..

I hope its an oppurtunity for Lue to pull a hamstring or groin so his butt will be out of the lline up for another month or so. I only say that with good intentions for the team a whole.

Its sad to hope for that but with Woody at the helm that is the only way Lue gets off the floor.

I have refrained from posting today due to too much emotion over Woody's sorry *ss.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Mario and Salim are the two guys that can have a very positive impact when they are on the floor. Mario is the BEST one on one defender on this team and Salim is instant offense off the bench.

There's a difference between instant FG and instant FGA

I assume that you're talking about Salim. Salim has not been given a chance to get many FGA's this season. The guy can score in bunches and anyone who's watched these guys play over the past few seasons knows that. He has heart and intensity and the skills to penetrate and get hit shot off. Woody still has a ways to go as far as putting his players in a position to succeed. I have NO doubt that Salim can play the game at this level. cool.gif

Salim is not a point guard and can't run a team, and he can't guard most opposing 2s and sometimes even 1s. So he's always a liability. The only time he has any value is when a team is in desperate need of a quick three at the end of a quarter, half or game or when his offense is the last glimmer of hope for catching up.

I'm not calling Mario the second coming, and I don't want him to eat Chillz minutes. There are times during the games when there is no energy on the floor, or there are times when someone like Thorton from the Clippers is having a big game. During these times Mario needs to be inserted. Every time he comes in, he gives the team a lift. This guy is all over the boards, and he provides great defense.

Quote:

Quote:

I concur that thought; I haven't seen Mario make any key mistakes.

The moment Mario plays more than Chill, is the day that we're in serious trouble. You guys make it sound like Mario is the difference between wins and losses.

Chillz is not a complete player.. and Mario is a better overall defender than Chillz..

Chillz doesn't have PG skills, can NOT consistently create off the dribble and plays soft when attacking the basket half the time and ends of losing the ball or turning it over in traffic..

If West is in the open court, it is a definite two points..with Chillz he will try to lay it up, allowing the defender to get an opportunity to contest..

Chillz got size at 6'8, but he plays like he is 6'1 and gets pushed around in the paint.. and during that five game streak in December, Chillz was mostly on the bench..