• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Today shows why we need Eddy Curry

Johnnybravo4

Whenever we play big frontlines we have no ability to score inside. They make us a perimeter team, which is not our strong suit because of the lack of shooters. And it isn't just Yao, it will happen everytime we run into Washington, Orlando and Boston. Since we have no dominant low post scorers we can't change our style of play.

Eddy Curry is probably only big man who we could get, that would allow us to change our style of play whenever we need to. It is for that very same reason that Phoenix got Shaq.

There is a rumor that NY wants Ben Wallace in exchange for Q, Malik Rose and Fred Jones. If that happens then Curry may be expendable since I don't think that NYC will pay Wallace 15 mil to be a bench player. They also need a pg since Marbury is out for the year. Curry is making 8 mil this year so I think we could get him for Lue/Childress/Shelden

Curry/Randolph Morris and Future 1st.

We could move Horford to PF to backup Smoove.

AJ/Law

JJ/Salim

Marvin/West

Smoove/Horford

Curry/Zaza/Morris

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Whenever we play big frontlines we have no ability to score inside. They make us a perimeter team, which is not our strong suit because of the lack of shooters. And it isn't just Yao, it will happen everytime we run into Washington, Orlando and Boston. Since we have no dominant low post scorers we can't change our style of play.

Eddy Curry is probably only big man who we could get, that would allow us to change our style of play whenever we need to. It is for that very same reason that Phoenix got Shaq.

There is a rumor that NY wants Ben Wallace in exchange for Q, Malik Rose and Fred Jones. If that happens then Curry may be expendable since I don't think that NYC will pay Wallace 15 mil to be a bench player. They also need a pg since Marbury is out for the year. Curry is making 8 mil this year so I think we could get him for Lue/Childress/Shelden

Curry/Randolph Morris and Future 1st.

We could move Horford to PF to backup Smoove.

AJ/Law

JJ/Salim

Marvin/West

Smoove/Horford

Curry/Zaza/Morris

Yep. The solution to an unmotivated team is to bring in another unmotivated player. PERFECT. It never hurts to add a fat no rebounding tub of crap to your team.

Would you be motivated to play in NY? Even worse would you be motivated as a post player to play next to Randolph? You can only have one black hole on the team at a time.

And answer this...despite his flaws, it there a player on this team that is even halfway as talented an offensive post player as Eddy Curry?

Quote:

Would you be motivated to play in NY? Even worse would you be motivated as a post player to play next to Randolph? You can only have one black hole on the team at a time.

And answer this...despite his flaws, it there a player on this team that is even halfway as talented an offensive post player as Eddy Curry?

He wasn't motivated in Chicago? Why would he be motivated here? People like him don't get motivated. He ain't scoring and the team ain't winning so obviously his great post game isn't good enough.

We need to get some post presence in here that's for sure. You need to be able to dump to someone when the shots won't fall. If Smith and Horford won't post up and demand the ball, and you have no better option lined up, get Curry's fat ass in here. I agree.

Edit: I reserve the right to change my mind on this subject when I'm not watching us get destroyed by 30 by an average team.

Because Chicago filled their rosters with chuckers like Ben Gordon, Nocioni and didn't use either him nor Tyson Chandler to their ability. Unfortunately he was traded to another team full of chuckers while Tyson got put in a better situation. But he is only a year removed from a 19/8 season and he is shooting 55% this year from the field. As I said before he is a better post player than 100 of our team, and as avg a defender as he is, I'd rather have him guard Yao ming right now than Horford. You cant teach 6'11 285

Quote:

Because Chicago filled their rosters with chuckers like Ben Gordon, Nocioni and didn't use either him nor Tyson Chandler to their ability. Unfortunately he was traded to another team full of chuckers while Tyson got put in a better situation. But he is only a year removed from a 19/8 season and he is shooting 55% this year from the field. As I said before he is a better post player than 100 of our team, and as avg a defender as he is, I'd rather have him guard Yao ming right now than Horford. You cant teach 6'11 285

Quote:

You cant teach 6'11 285

6'11 285 also doesn't mean anything when the player is basically dead weight. Make all the excuses you want, but he had one decent year. His career averages says everything. It doesn't matter if you have an oversized bad defensive player or an undersized bad defensive player.

• Admin

Curry is the most overrated center in the NBA.

He can't defend a paper bag, he is a turnover machine, he can't rebound, he is out of shape, he has a bad contract, he is lazy, he doesn't pass, and he can't run.

He has a good post game.

He is not for this team.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You cant teach 6'11 285

6'11 285 also doesn't mean anything when the player is basically dead weight. Make all the excuses you want, but he had one decent year. His career averages says everything. It doesn't matter if you have an oversized bad defensive player or an undersized bad defensive player.

Yes it does, you can put big men in positions where their mere size causes players to alter shots.

Over the past 5 years he's averaged about 16pts/6rebounds. No matter how you look at it, that's 16 ppg you can go get in the post when you're struggling on offense, that we don't have right now. Right now our plan A is everybody go 1-on-1 and hit your jumpers, and their is no plan B. At least we would have a plan B.

Post scoring, PG play and outside shooting are clearly weaknesses of ours, and it would address one of those. Of course he's overpaid and has questionable attitude, but at this stage in rebuilding, our big man is going to have to come through trade. I don't know what options are left without giving up a core player.

Quote:

Curry is the most overrated center in the NBA.

He can't defend a paper bag, he is a turnover machine, he can't rebound, he is out of shape, he has a bad contract, he is lazy, he doesn't pass, and he can't run.

He has a good post game.

He is not for this team.

He only avg 2 per game and has a career to avg less than Shaq or Tim Duncan. So he isn't exactly a machine. All I know is that he is a career 55% scorer and is one of the best in the league at what we need most. We are 8th in the league in opp. ppg and 14 in opp fg% so we are ok defensively. Where we usually lose is when our shots don't fall we don't have an alternative game plan.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You cant teach 6'11 285

Yes it does, you can put big men in positions where their mere size causes players to alter shots.

If the player is bad on defense the other players that are actually skilled will score on him. How is NYK's defense doing?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You cant teach 6'11 285

If the player is bad on defense the other players that are actually skilled will score on him. How is NYK's defense doing?

Ok Hotlanta tell me this. We need post scoring. How do you suppose we get a post player that 1) Won't require us to trade Josh Smith, Marvin Williams or Horford or JJ and 2)Not currenly making 15+ million dollars 3) And is even on the market? I want to know your suggestions. Do you think that you can improve post play by wishing real hard?

Since we don't have a draft pick until 2009 we have to either trade for one or find one in FA. I haven't checked yet but Im guessing that there aren't many top flight post scorers on the the market. (Okafor maybe) So you tell me..how in the HELL do we improve our post offense?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You cant teach 6'11 285

Ok Hotlanta tell me this. We need post scoring. How do you suppose we get a post player that 1) Won't require us to trade Josh Smith, Marvin Williams or Horford or JJ and 2)Not currenly making 15+ million dollars 3) And is even on the market? I want to know your suggestions. Do you think that you can improve post play by wishing real hard?

Since we don't have a draft pick until 2009 we have to either trade for one or find one in FA. I haven't checked yet but Im guessing that there aren't many top flight post scorers on the the market. (Okafor maybe) So you tell me..how in the HELL do we improve our post offense?

Maybe one of Joe Johnson, Josh Smith or Marvin Williams needs to be traded. Either Josh or Marvin needs to go anywway. These guys can't handle the ball for shyt. Which twice as bad when you have no PG. There is only one Yao Ming. The PG position sucks and that forces every damn player on the team to do things they shouldn't be doing.

F*ck these guys. They're not untradable. They can't even play hard every night so why should I cry if one of them gets traded? It all doesn't matter anyway since management is going to sit on their @ss and do nothing just like they have for 2 years now.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You cant teach 6'11 285

Maybe one of Joe Johnson, Josh Smith or Marvin Williams needs to be traded. Either Josh or Marvin needs to go anywway. These guys can't handle the ball for shyt. Which twice as bad when you have no PG. There is only one Yao Ming. The PG position sucks and that forces every damn player on the team to do things they shouldn't be doing.

You still didn't tell me who. What post player would be available for any of our players. I don't think Orlando would trade Howard for all 3.