• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Today shows why we need Eddy Curry

Johnnybravo4

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Immediately following the NY trade, all of their fans were busy laughing at us Chicago fans for giving Curry away

I find it hard to believe that NY fans thought they were stealing Curry. He cost a good penny in salary and the two picks they sent for him were thought to be very high.

The point about Curry is that while he would cost money he wouldn't cost draft picks for us, nor would he cost us much in players in a trade.

W

No, actually NY fans did think they got him for a steal - at least the fans on the boards I frequent did.

They thought they were getting an All-Star caliber Center for less than 10million a season. And no one expected the Knicks to be as bad as they were, and consequently the picks to be as good as they turned out to be.

Even if you got Curry for free, he isn't worth it. He's a complainer and a whiner who had his Mom go to the press because he was upset at Chicago. He is a negative on any team he plays on, his PPG don't outweigh the points he'll give up or the rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks he won't make an effort to get.

In short, he is a 6'11" 340 pound Tim Thomas, who took weight loss pills because he was too lazy to put in the work, and 7 years later is the same soft, meek, big kid who would rather be on the rings than an NBA court.

Ask Chicago fans whether they'd rather have Eddy Curry right now or Ben Wallace. In fact, Chicago's problem is just like ours, they have no low post scoring. Every team that is worth its salt has a low post threat. You can talk about him gaining weight, but the point is that he is a better post player than anyone on our team by far. He is flawed yes but show me a player besides Kobe who isn't. Just hoping and wishing for our team to develop a post player won't get us one.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldn't be opposed to getting curry. we need a big and right now we can't be choosy. if we can get him for expirings and maye zaza then i would be all over it. at the same time, we can't give up the core. we need to be adding good players not losing them.

I think that Horford's game is the PERFECT compliment to Curry's game. Al is the rebounder/positional defender & shotblocker at PF that any team who has Curry starting at Center needs. In addition, if we got Curry, I would start Smoove at SF and bring Marvin off the bench. I think that Smoove would also be able to clean up a lot of Curry's mistakes on the defensive end. Marvin would still get his 30+ mpg because you don't want Curry much over 30 mpg anyway. People call Curry overpaid but if he could give us 16/6 every night while shooting a great percentage (he gave NY 20/7 last year while shooting 58%), I think he would be well worth his $9M salary.

Like Walter said, the issue for me is cost. I would not give up any of JJ, Smoove, Horford or Marvin to get Curry here but it is beginning to look like NY is trying to move him so he might be able to had for expiring contracts and a future first. I would try to package a deal around our expiring contracts and a lottery protected 2010 first. They could certainly have either of Zaza or Shelden in the deal as well.

I would consider including Chillz in the deal instead of a 2010 lottery protected first but I would prefer to try to deal Chillz to CHI for Gordon. CHI seems to think that a Hinrich/Gordon backcourt is too small so perhaps they would be willing to consider such a deal rather than pay Gordon $50M to come off the bench next year. Chillz will likely be cheaper to sign in the offseason and he can start alongside Hinrich and Deng. I think the deal makes perfect sense for both teams as both Gordon and Chillz are starting caliber players who can't crack the starting lineup due to the makeups of their respective teams. Their efficiency ratings and PERs are very close as well.

If those deals get done, we could line up:

Curry/Zaza

Horford/Shelden

Smoove/Marvin

JJ/West

Gordon/Law

I think with the right coach (Woody still needs to go) that is a playoff team this year and possible title contender in 2-3 years.

By now my opinion of Curry has been stated ad nauseum - so there is no reason for me to go over that again.

Quote:

I would consider including Chillz in the deal instead of a 2010 lottery protected first but I would prefer to try to deal Chillz to CHI for Gordon. CHI seems to think that a Hinrich/Gordon backcourt is too small so perhaps they would be willing to consider such a deal
rather than pay Gordon $50M to come off the bench next year
. Chillz will likely be cheaper to sign in the offseason and he can start alongside Hinrich and Deng. I think the deal makes perfect sense for both teams as both Gordon and Chillz are starting caliber players who can't crack the starting lineup due to the makeups of their respective teams. Their efficiency ratings and PERs are very close as well.

If those deals get done, we could line up:

Curry/Zaza

Horford/Shelden

Smoove/Marvin

JJ/West

Gordon/Law

I think with the right coach (Woody still needs to go) that is a playoff team this year and possible title contender in 2-3 years.

If Gordon was willing to play for 50 million, he'd already be signed to a long term deal in Chicago. The fact that he wants considerably more than 50 million is why Chicago is trying to trade him.

I would love to get Childress for Gordon - I think it would be a good trade for both teams.

FWIW - Chicago and New Orleans had agreed in principle to a trade that would have sent Gordon to NO for Julian Wright, Rasual Butler, and NO's #1 pick. The trade was scrapped when Chicago came in at the last moment and asked for Hilton Armstrong in addition to Wright and the pick.

I'd take a Childress trade over the above in a second.