• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

One major concern I have with the Hawks

WraithSentinel

I would say the wins over the good teams and the bad losses to teams we figure the Hawks wouldn't lose to have even themselves out now. Hawks are what they are and that is 21-26. There is no reason to say the Hawks should be 23-23 or better.

Now for my concern. Hawks were beat up last year with a ton of injuries. This year the team has been healthy for the most part. Outside of a player missing a game. No major injuries to the team. Add in another year of growing and playing together. This team is still under .500 after the midway point of the season. Only because the East is pathetic as it is. Hawks are still in the playoffs. I'll take making the playoffs this year.

It does concern me though. Just like the Celts finally woke-up and realize their young talent wasn't as good as they thought. Hawks need to stepback and figure why exactly is this having trouble playing .500 ball this year. Is it Woodson alone,the players alone, or the combo of both?

There's Woodson, yes. And there's also blatantly obvious holes on this roster. That's on BK and/or ownership.

I don't see anything happening before the deadline, though. Whether we make the playoffs or not, I hope to see numerous changes made before next season. Despite not having a 1st round pick, we've got several positions to fill for next year and decent capital to do so with. I just hope BK isn't the one making those decisions...but I won't get my hopes up.

Quote:

It does concern me though. Just like the Celts finally woke-up and realize their young talent wasn't as good as they thought. Hawks need to stepback and figure why exactly is this having trouble playing .500 ball this year. Is it Woodson alone,the players alone, or the combo of both?

The Celtics were in a little different situation than we are. For one, they have so much history of wnning championships, that it was killing that organization to not even be making the playoffs. Once they lost the chance to get Oden or Durant, Ainge felt he had to do something. Even if it meant selling off the team's future, in order to win in the shot term.

The crazy thing, is if they got an Oden or Durant, they probably try to trade Pierce, and build around the draft pick, Jefferson, Telfair, and Green.

They have a great history and a very passionate fan base behind them. We have none of that. They also aren't worried about finances to the point that they aren't afraid to literally buy a title.

The one move that changes everything for us, would be to acquire Jason Kidd. With the athletic talent we have on this team, he's the one guy who could maximize their abilities. But to get a player like that, we have to give up a talented player from our core, and be willing to spend over the cap. And it's probably not Chill

. It's either Marvin, Smoove, Horford or JJ.

A move like that may guarantee that we make the playoffs, but it doesn't guarantee anything beyond that. So we may be not only paying just to make the playoffs without possibly getting to the Finals, we may lose a talented player in the process. And we only have Kidd for 2 years at the max.

We just have to hope that somehow, the light seems to come on for all of our young guys, like what happened with Portland.

I still say the key to our immeadiate future, is the light coming on for Acie. If it came on for him, we would at least have a PG that could do a few more things than what Lue or AJ could do. And it would reduce their playing time.

Its been my concern for the longest time. Here we are in year 4 of BK's 'master plan' and this team is still under .500 with Detroit and a western road trip waiting for them after the All-Star break. The fact is that they're in the playoff picture simply because of geography, not because of some mass improvement by the team; that says something about not only the coach and players, but the entire front office and ownership group as well.

Unless the lightbulb pops on for these guys, a move has to be made, whether its a trade or two, or Woodson being asked to leave the island. Something has to be done to shake up this sleeping bunch. There's no excuse for a team who hasn't made the playoffs in nearly a decade to 'man up' when the Lakers, Suns, and Mavericks come to town but fall asleep at the wheel when they play a depleted Cleveland team, Seattle at home, or the Clippers. And please, I don't want to hear about how 'young' they are anymore. Portland is young and they're winning. So is Utah, New Orleans, and Golden State. And they're doing it in a much tougher conference to boot. Ironically, three of the four teams mentioned were the benefiaries of BK's drafting expertise (Paul, Williams, Roy).

The problem with this franchise is that the ASG's pursestrings are tighter than a virgin's honeypot on prom night. They have two key free agents (both Joshes) and Marian Hossa from the Thrashers to sign this offseason; does anyone HONESTLY see them getting Jason Kidd?

Quote:

Its been my concern for the longest time. Here we are in year 4 of BK's 'master plan' and this team is still under .500 with Detroit and a western road trip waiting for them after the All-Star break. The fact is that they're in the playoff picture simply because of geography, not because of some mass improvement by the team; that says something about not only the coach and players, but the entire front office and ownership group as well.

Unless the lightbulb pops on for these guys, a move has to be made, whether its a trade or two, or Woodson being asked to leave the island. Something has to be done to shake up this sleeping bunch. There's no excuse for a team who hasn't made the playoffs in nearly a decade to 'man up' when the Lakers, Suns, and Mavericks come to town but fall asleep at the wheel when they play a depleted Cleveland team, Seattle at home, or the Clippers. And please, I don't want to hear about how 'young' they are anymore. Portland is young and they're winning. So is Utah, New Orleans, and Golden State. And they're doing it in a much tougher conference to boot. Ironically, three of the four teams mentioned were the benefiaries of BK's drafting expertise (Paul, Williams, Roy).

The problem with this franchise is that the ASG's pursestrings are tighter than a virgin's honeypot on prom night. They have two key free agents (both Joshes) and Marian Hossa from the Thrashers to sign this offseason; does anyone HONESTLY see them getting Jason Kidd?

Amen to all of that although that one concern would seem to be many.

Post of the day already.

W

Quote:

The youth thing is a bit of a fallacy for the Hawks at this point as Horford and Marvin are the only players on the team playing significant minutes with fewer then 3 full seasons of NBA experience.

Law hopefully joins the list but his time is too spotty at the moment and Woodson seems content with playing 30-something vets AJ and Lue.