• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

SEKOU: Trade wouldnt suprise HAWKS

NJHAWK

• Premium Member

Quote:

Sekou AJC.COM Sounds like JJ and CHills are both calling team management out again.

Sounds like Chillz is "All in " as a Hawk.

I agree with him and JJ. We shouldn't just stand around and do nothing.

AJ had an interesting take. I like what he said about our record being the worst case scenerio. I think you have to think like champions!!

I am not sure Childress is just talking about bringing in a player. He says that the organization needs to make a change to re-energize and focus the players. That sounds like a swipe at Woodson and/or BK to me.

Childress is the consumate team player. I do agree that if

we are going to trade a "core" piece, then Childress is most likely to go. I frankly don't see how the team can afford not to trade a core piece for a proven vet. Our spare/dog house players haven't been given the playing time to increase their value. The Hawks need an upper tier vet to come in and help. The Hawks' spare/dog house players aren't going to bring someone of that caliber in.

• Moderators

Quote:

I am not sure Childress is just talking about bringing in a player. He says that the organization needs to make a change to re-energize and focus the players. That sounds like a swipe at Woodson and/or BK to me.

That is exactly what stood out to me as well:

Quote:

"But when you see stagnation in your style of play or the way things are going, you have to look to see if you can add something or subtract something, whatever that may be, to get things rolling in the right direction.

"And that means anything, maybe just something to change the locker room dynamic."

Really DrR...sounds like Chillz may be thinking getting traded wouldn't be all that bad of an outcome for himself. Actually, from a business standpoint, he would probably be much better off on a team that sees national TV every now and then.

Here's my prediction: Chillz gets traded to a contender and then reveals that he has been working in secret the last couple years on a full-extension, high-release jump shot. He just didn't want to unviel it until he was confident in it. His new team then goes on to win the championship.

Quote:

Really DrR...sounds like Chillz may be thinking getting traded wouldn't be all that bad of an outcome for himself. Actually, from a business standpoint, he would probably be much better off on a team that sees national TV every now and then.

Here's my prediction: Chillz gets traded to a contender and then reveals that he has been working in secret the last couple years on a full-extension, high-release jump shot. He just didn't want to unviel it until he was confident in it. His new team then goes on to win the championship.

And he secretely worked on his jump shot in the Bat Cave under his house. I like the story line. He could even get rights to a movie.

Quote:

...And he secretely worked on his jump shot in the Bat Cave under his house. I like the story line. He could even get rights to a movie.

Maybe we could package Chillz with Zaza, who would then drink a potion provided by his great grandmother back in the boonies of Soviet Georgia. Of course the potion would add 6 inches to his verticle leap and give him great defensive instincts and lateral quickness. eheheh.gif

...it would be criminal not to make a trade at this time. We aren't going to sign a FA of merit but a bold, creative trade could really help this team. While we could S & T Childress in the offseason, we could not include the valuable commodities of similarly expiring non-rookie contract FAs and does anyone truly believe what they don't see this front office already doing? The flaws of this team necessitate a deal, the expiring contracts necessitate a deal NOW! One before the trade deadline. It's another the reason the total absence of Gasol to Atlanta (or anyone to ATL) trade rumors this year is mind boggling. We HAVE to make a deal given our fatally flawed team. We HAVE to make a deal before the trade deadline, while we still have the expiring contract capitol, or else no substantial/worthy deal can or will be made.

W

From Chillz's quote in the AJC:

"when you see stagnation in your style of play or the way things are going, you have to look to see if you can add something or subtract something, whatever that may be, to get things rolling in the right direction.

The "stagnation" word could get JC into Woody's doghouse. Somebody contact a carpenter, we may have to build on. gromit.gif