• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Worst Clock Operation In Sports - Rutger/Tennessee

AHF

As a Vol alumnus, and a Lady Vol supporter, even I have to agree.

But what was that Rutgers player thinking about? She juse jerked Nikki by the shoulders and threw her down. She made a call on her easy to make.

But that timekeeper should immeadiately be suspended by the university.

Then again, i remember the Duke - Clemson game last year, in which the guy running the clock, didn't start the clock for the whole second. Duke ends up having enough time to dribble all the way down the court, and hit a game winning lay-up.

Quote:

Women's basketball needs any pub they can get.

Until they go with a skins vs. shirts game, I don't see why anybody would want to watch.

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't watch that either.

Please. Basketball is basketball. People who truly love the game, can watch a bunch of 9 year old boys play. It's just that most people aren't true b-ball fans. A lot of college fans, don't like the NBA, and vice versa.

People who don't even give women's b-ball any credit, are either sexist ( like what your comment suggest ), or has never seen or played against a woman who could bust your azz on the basketball court.

• Moderators

Quote:

Then again, i remember the Duke - Clemson game last year, in which the guy running the clock, didn't start the clock for the whole second. Duke ends up having enough time to dribble all the way down the court, and hit a game winning lay-up.

That Duke one was bad but there are often issues with a clock running a little too long or starting a little late. This one actually stopped the clock during the middle of play!

Quote:

Please. Basketball is basketball. People who truly love the game, can watch a bunch of 9 year old boys play. It's just that most people aren't true b-ball fans. A lot of college fans, don't like the NBA, and vice versa.

People who don't even give women's b-ball any credit, are either sexist ( like what your comment suggest ), or has never seen or played against a woman who could bust your azz on the basketball court.

This is 100% complete self-righteous crap. The fact that the girls can play great ball and can possibly beat you doesn't mean that it's entertaining to watch. I have a lot of respect for female ballers and used to play against some of the Tech girls when they came out to the gym, but I have no interest in watching them play. Especially given the amount of basketball available for consumption. There is hardly ever a womens' game on at a time when there isn't a men's game to watch, and the product is flat out superior.