• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Another Great Woodson Post Game Quote

JackB1

from the AJC....

"I thought out our guys battled," Hawks coach Mike Woodson said, "but Chauncey Billups was put back in to win the game, and he hit [four] big shots. We just couldn't make plays. I thought we had good looks around the bucket coming down the stretch. We just couldn't get the ball to go down. It was one of those things."

I guess Woodson thought JJ's prayer over his shoulder was a "good look". Not to mention his 3 point airball from 50 feet out. Was Woodson watching the same game I was???

At the risk of being overly dramatic . . . . the next week or so until the trade deadline could determine our future this year. The chance to make a change to the roster AND possibly a coach. And if something is not done within this time or there abouts, we'll have a shot at the playoffs.

Seems to me that the pressure is rising for BK and the ASG.

Quote:

At the risk of being overly dramatic . . . . the next week or so until the trade deadline could determine our future this year. The chance to make a change to the roster AND possibly a coach. And if something is not done within this time or there abouts, we'll have a shot at the playoffs.

Seems to me that the pressure is rising for BK and the ASG.

I see no evidence that this group of owners is willing to do anything due to their horrible financial situation. The only trade that seems possible at this point is moving JJ for a bunch of expirings so that the team can get well under the cap and save the owners even more money.

Would you rather Woody come out and publicly criticize JJ for taking those awful shots? It might be Woody's game plan to have JJ take awful shots like that but it could also be that JJ simply doesn't trust his teammates or has too much confidence in himself to pass the ball. I strongly doubt that JJ is coached to fire up an almost impossible shot through a double or triple team.

At this point the Hawks really need to make a move to get someone here who is more of a star than Joe. I love Joe and I hope he will be a Hawk for the rest of his career but he isn't a #1 option and isn't the best option to go to at the end of games and it's hurting us severely but he is the "star" of the team and I think it would take someone like an AI or Arenas to put him in the position that he should be in and that's as the #2 option where he would be the best in the league or close to it.

Quote:

Would you rather Woody come out and publicly criticize JJ for taking those awful shots? It might be Woody's game plan to have JJ take awful shots like that but it could also be that JJ simply doesn't trust his teammates or has too much confidence in himself to pass the ball. I strongly doubt that JJ is coached to fire up an almost impossible shot through a double or triple team.

At this point the Hawks really need to make a move to get someone here who is more of a star than Joe. I love Joe and I hope he will be a Hawk for the rest of his career but he isn't a #1 option and isn't the best option to go to at the end of games and it's hurting us severely but he is the "star" of the team and I think it would take someone like an AI or Arenas to put him in the position that he should be in and that's as the #2 option where he would be the best in the league or close to it.

If BK had drafted properly then JJ would be the number two option. Too bad that didn't work out.

Txt, I saw your numbers and the ASG looks better there than what is being reported, e.g. the January cash-call, the law suit expenses, and the Thrashers staying 6 million under the cap. In light of your numbers, I am not sure what is up with the ASG.

Can Belkin still be holding the collective purse-strings of this ownership group? Does the ASG even really care? There are so many things wrong with both the Thrashers and the Hawks it amazes me that nothing has been done to correct the teams.