• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Package for Curry + J.James

BHayley

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Does this trade come with rope to hang myself?

I was afraid you might have already done that AHF...after the Vandy game last night. Glad to know you survived it thumb3d.gif

That was one SERIOUS arse whoopin!

That was just brutal. Tubby did not leave this team with depth or all that much talent (thank goodness for Patrick Patterson). Hopefully things will get better in the next few years. Ideally, the team will continue to win over the rest of the year and make an outside run at the NCAAs. The Vandy game will really hurt them if they do manage to make it onto the bubble without a dominating run to close the year.

Oh Lord AHF, you sound like Notre Dame football fans now.

Didn't UK win 5 straight before last night's game? That team not showing up, was simply a team not ready to play. Depth wasn't an issue when you kicked the Vols azz a few weeks back.

LOL @ that halftime score last night. I thought that had to be a misprint.

• Moderators

Quote:

Oh Lord AHF, you sound like Notre Dame football fans now.

Didn't UK win 5 straight before last night's game? That team not showing up, was simply a team not ready to play. Depth wasn't an issue when you kicked the Vols azz a few weeks back.

LOL @ that halftime score last night. I thought that had to be a misprint.

Hey now! Unlike Notre Dame, UK's coach has been there for less than one season. He recruited Alex Legion and is responsible for him transferring. He recruited Patrick Patterson who is the best player on the team. He has recruited a 5 star and 4 star guy for next year. The talent level is rising.

On the other hand, he inherited a team so destitute for depth that Mark Coury has gotten significant time and started nearly every game this season (and he is aweful).

What is neither the fault of Gillespie or Tubby is that the team's projected leading scorer (Jodie Meeks) has been injured all season and the team's best passer (Derrick Jasper) had major surgery and injuries to also decimate the backcourt depth.

The team was aweful to start the year (on Gillespie, although some growing pains were expected) but the lack of UK talent throughout the roster is a product of Tubby's recruiting. Tubby's recruiting is also why the team has been so bad (relatively speaking) the last two years.

Things seemed to click right before the SEC season started and the team had won 5 games in a row before getting killed yesterday.

Anyway, things appear to be moving in the right direction and they are not nearly as bad as when Pitino took over and got blasted by Kansas to the tune of a 50 point loss, but that loss against Vandy was nothing but an a**whooping. UK was not ready to match their intensity and could not shoot to save their lives in the first half.

Quote:

How do you get over the fact that Curry's teams have averaged fewer points with him on the floor every season of his career? I can't explain that.

Correlation doesn't necessarily mean causation. I probably could also prove that the Knicks give up more points when they drink Powerade instead of Gatorade or that the Hawks score more points when Jermaine Dupri is in the audience. The facts have to be seen in their context. Look who eddy has played with in his short career

Ben Gordon

Marbury

Q

Zach Randolph

Franchise

None of which are exactly team oriented players.

All I know is that dude is 6'11 285 25 years old, athletic, offensive post player. He isn't a finished product and shouldn't be since I don't think he has been in a system which takes advantage of what he does well. He is flawed but he isn't exactly Kwame Brown.

Quote:

Quote:

How do you get over the fact that Curry's teams have averaged fewer points with him on the floor every season of his career? I can't explain that.

Correlation doesn't necessarily mean causation. I probably could also prove that the Knicks give up more points when they drink Powerade instead of Gatorade or that the Hawks score more points when Jermaine Dupri is in the audience. The facts have to be seen in their context. Look who eddy has played with in his short career

Ben Gordon

Marbury

Q

Zach Randolph

Franchise

None of which are exactly team oriented players.

All I know is that dude is 6'11 285 25 years old, athletic, offensive post player. He isn't a finished product and shouldn't be since I don't think he has been in a system which takes advantage of what he does well. He is flawed but he isn't exactly Kwame Brown.

I don't think you understand the stat, your analogy confirms it.

There is 7 years of data to pull from, and in every season Curry played his team has been better offensively and defensively with him on the bench. Explain that.

It doesn't matter who Curry's teammates are - if he is indeed a quality player - why do the teams he is on perform better without him?

you would need to base it on more than points scored since having a post player on the floor means less shots..because of the half court game. The better question would how efficiently does the team score with him on the floor, since he shoots such a high percentage of shots. It could be possible that teams always score less points when a post player is on the floor.