• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Re-signing Josh Childress

pound4pound

He does bring some bitchassness to him - no doubt. It frustrates the hell out of me too - to see the potential and not actualize on it. I think he doesn't shoot threes becuase he doesn't have that range - a la Rip Hamilton. That is fine with me if he can produce like Rip - meaning he can demand a double team, get fouled on his way to the lane, or hit an open 15 footer.

Those are skills you build franchises around. Although admittedly, Marvin doesn't seam to bring his best effort every night - like Chills always does.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Yet people blame Chill?

No one's blaming Childress. It has nothing to do with his ability. It has to do with his 'skill set.'

Quote:

I've been a huge Marvin supporter but I think Chillz is just as valuable to the Hawks as Marvin is.

To some NBA teams, he'd be MORE valuable. But to this team, Marvin is more valuable. The Hawks aren't trading Marvin, and we all need to get used to that idea.

Quote:

6 years 42 million a lowball offer?

Let's assume JS gets at or near his max. How are we to pay for all this, refill the team up after the loss of AJ, Lue, Lo, ZaZa, SJ, and Salim in the next 2 years, AND improve the team since it currently is no better than a 35 win team?

Keeping Childress (or MW) is one thing but doing so and building a, much less improving the, team is another altogether. NOBODY has shown a credible means to keep JC, JS, and MW a-n-d build a team. Just remember, their (JC and MW) draft selection, rightly or wrongly, still influences their salary cost for the worse.

W